Girls that don’t wear Hijab

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mercury

Ha igu daalinee dantaada raac
VIP
Something I’ve noticed on YouTube when a Somali girl isn’t wearing a hijab the backlash she receives

I mean just Go on Youtube and look at the comments section of any big Somali youtuber who doesn't wear the hijab You can expect to see hundreds of comments demeaning her and ordering her to wear a headscarf

I know there are some Somalis who genuinely chose to wear the hijab out of their own free will

But I also know many who only wear it to please their parents and because they fear the immense backlash they'd receive from the community if they publicly stopped wearing the hijab. That's why a lot of girls nowadays take the hijab off for the snap, but put it on when they go outside

Mercury

Ha igu daalinee dantaada raac
VIP
Somali culture if a girl doesn’t have a hijab shes a

And if she wears pants she’s a

TekNiKo

“I am an empathic and emotionally-aware person.
VIP
@Mercury Somalis put great emphasis on exterior garments but little emphasis on character development.

Its why you see so much ratchet hoejabis in the West

The Somali community has shamed the hijab to be honest. Yes, Somalis were supposedly the first group to wear the hijab in the West, but hijab doesn't make you a good Muslim.

Good manners does.

You will see a Somali girl dressing and behaving provocatively in public whilst wearing a hijab BUT she may not pray or even practise.
Meanwhile an Indian/Pakistani girl doesn't wear hijab but she doesn't miss a prayer and she is well-mannered.

Stop putting a hijab on your daughters before teaching her islamic manners and instilling love for the deen. Somali girls are now even "MODELLING" with the hijab on. Somalis have committed crimes against the hijab, may Allah guide our reckless people.

Sol

?
Something I’ve noticed on YouTube when a Somali girl isn’t wearing a hijab the backlash she receives

I mean just Go on Youtube and look at the comments section of any big Somali youtuber who doesn't wear the hijab You can expect to see hundreds of comments demeaning her and ordering her to wear a headscarf

I know there are some Somalis who genuinely chose to wear the hijab out of their own free will

But I also know many who only wear it to please their parents and because they fear the immense backlash they'd receive from the community if they publicly stopped wearing the hijab. That's why a lot of girls nowadays take the hijab off for the snap, but put it on when they go outside
Am I having de ja vu? I swear I read this exact same post today :damedamn:

Status
Not open for further replies.