Girl that knows no somali avoids talking with family back home

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's all the parents fault tbh, its noone else's responsibility to teach your kids your language. I had one aunty back in the day that was so gassed that she was one of the 1st aunties to pass ESOL/ESL and couldn't stop speaking english all the time at any given moment, and less somali. Guess whose children grew up to be hooyo mataalo ?

What country's (in Africa) diaspora do you think has been the most successful in maintaining their home language abroad, as in most from that country can speak the language well? (excluding n.a countries cause theyre on job af and unfair to compare to lol)

@Reiko
Why qashin me.
I wasnt talking about you anyways. You have proven to me that you have dhaqan somali and afsomali on lockdown.
Imagine your brother marry something like that

@Samaalic Era sxb these are the type you're talking about soomaaha, when you say "if we stay in the west any longer, the next gen are going to be Somali only in looks and not dhaqan or af".

:dwill:I won't lie though, this is worrying.:cosbyhmm:

Why do us Somalis make the assumption that kids are just going to pick up the language? The Asians (Chinese etc) by me have culture schools where they teach their kids their language and dhaqan, why don't we have that shit?

What country's (in Africa) diaspora do you think has been the most successful in maintaining their home language abroad, as in most from that country can speak the language well? (excluding n.a countries cause theyre on job af and unfair to compare to lol)

Can I say Sudan? Or are they considered North African too?

The reason as to why I ask this is because I've seen some Sudanese say that they are "North-eastern" Africans, only met a few who claim east.

Samaalic Era

QurboExit
@Samaalic Era sxb these are the type you're talking about soomaaha, when you say "if we stay in the west any longer, the next gen are going to be Somali only in looks and not dhaqan or af".

:dwill:I won't lie though, this is worrying.:cosbyhmm:

Why do us Somalis make the assumption that kids are just going to pick up the language? The Asians (Chinese etc) by me have culture schools where they teach their kids their language and dhaqan, why don't we have that shit?

The parents(alot) believe Af Somali to be a primitive language and that foreign languages are more useful. I have seen Somali elders who are in the west for at most 3/4 years speaking broken English their children :noneck:

Not to mention that for Somalis back home, history begins from 1960:farmajoyaab:

The reason as to why I ask this is because I've seen some Sudanese say that they are "North-eastern" Africans, only met a few who claim east.
Sudanese are EastAfricans wether they like it or not. Iiiiiiiii'll slap the next sudanese i see tryin' to leave the Horner cult
hqdefault (6).jpg

Samaalic Era

QurboExit
@Nuur Iidaan Your right about the language and cultural classes other ethnic groups have for their children except for us. What triggers me is when you have Somalis going to Egypt to learn Arabic but cant speak Somali, forget reading and writing. There needs to be a Somali revival

This is a North Korean school in Japan

Last edited:

4head

The one and only 4head
VIP
I do speak Somali but i'm losing my language for another one. It's sad indeed but i don't have anyone to speak with in Somali, beside my mother.

Gambar

VIP
Waxaas waa been. A lot of these kids are ashamed to speak Somali, there’s no way they don’t know it because their parents don’t even speak English and for the most part can’t read or write. With that being said you cannot even communicate with your parents if you are claiming you don’t speak Somali.

Samaalic Era

QurboExit
Waxaas waa been. A lot of these kids are ashamed to speak Somali, there’s no way they don’t know it because their parents don’t even speak English and for the most part can’t read or write. With that being said you cannot even communicate with your parents if you are claiming you don’t speak Somali.

I have seen with my own two eyes Somali children speaking english to their parents and the parents responding either in broken English or Af Somali. 70 to 80% odfdiaspora in UK/Canada/US can not speak Somali

Last edited:

Gambar

VIP
I have seen with my own two eyes Somali children speaking english to their parents and the parents responding either in broken English or Af Somali. 70 to 80% od diaspora in UK/Canada/US can not speak Somali
Because when you are ashamed of your own language, you eventually lose it. It’s pathetic seeing Somali parents speak broken English believing themselves to be ilbax.

They're correct. North-East Africa encompasses Egypt all the way down to Somalia:
NE_Africa.png

Horn of Africa is a sub-region of North-East Africa. Whereas, North Sudan is the southern part of North Africa.

Last edited:

Samaalic Era

QurboExit
Because when you are ashamed of your own language, you eventually lose it. It’s pathetic seeing Somali parents speak broken English believing themselves to be ilbax.

Just look at politicians in Somalia speak. The way to prove that your educated to add English into your whatever your saying. Its a disgrace

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending