Girl checks her white parents for racism

Who gives a f*ck, I dont like whites and i dont want them like me, I dont want to l live with other peoples besides somalis racism is god and is eternal deal with it

Octavian

Hmm
VIP
Personally i don't want them to like or hate me i want them to simply respect me for what i am. As long as i can walk from point a to point b without any fuzz from them and do what i want we good

The dad is right, AAs are lazy that's why they CONTINUE to suffer

But it isn't an even playing field for them though is it?

Even in the UK, you're much more likely to be employed if you have an cadaan sounding name. I'm not suggesting that there is no element of self-infliction, but America and the West in general is the white man's land and they are always going to benefit their people first and foremost.

Personally i don't want them to like or hate me i want them to simply respect me for what i am. As long as i can walk from point a to point b without any fuzz from them and do what i want we good

Its a good thing the younger generation are waking up as the reality is that we live in their lands. How they feel about us unfortunately does determine the quality of our lives. Your point is simplistic because their prejudices can have an impact on you getting certain high-flying jobs.

Wallahi its times like this that I feel mad that as Somalis we destroyed our country. Everyone is better off in their own lands.

Even in the UK, you're much more likely to be employed if you have an cadaan sounding name. I'm not suggesting that there is no element of self-infliction, but America and the West in general is the white man's land and they are always going to benefit their people first and foremost.
They have to persevere. I have no respect for those that have pity on themselves become docile.

Don't Nigerians do well in the UK?

So? The UAE and other Gulf countries are expat markets.

Its a good thing the younger generation are waking up as the reality is that we live in their lands. How they feel about us unfortunately does determine the quality of our lives. Your point is simplistic because their prejudices can have an impact on you getting certain high-flying jobs.

Wallahi its times like this that I feel mad that as Somalis we destroyed our country. Everyone is better off in their own lands.
Blame Siad Barre for it, he isn't solely responsible but still a major component of it.

They have to persevere. I have no respect for those that have pity on themselves become docile.

Don't Nigerians do well in the UK?

They do until they get to University.

The thing is, employers primarily like to employ cadaans so having a Muslim sounding name or Traditional Nigerian sounding name goes against you. Also, work place racism is an issue as you can get passed for someone who is cadaan when it comes to promotions, even when they don't have the skills or hard work you have. So black people, South Asian Muslims, along with Somalis can become stagnant when it comes to certain companies.

A hard working Somali friend of mine who works for a very succesful company has been through this. She has found out she gets paid the least despite her being a senior compared to some cadaan newbies and is constantly passed when it comes to promotions.

Many of you are young, or not in certain professional positions. But it can be tough dealing with passive aggressive work place racism and constantly being overlooked.

At the end of the day, this isn't our country and it really is times like this that I get super pissed that we have managed to destroy our one because reality is people are always going to put there people first.

They do until they get to University.

The thing is, employers primarily like to employ cadaans so having a Muslim sounding name or Traditional Nigerian sounding name goes against you. Also, work place racism is an issue as you can get passed for someone who is cadaan when it comes to promotions, even when they don't have the skills or hard work you have. So black people, South Asian Muslims, along with Somalis can become stagnant when it comes to certain companies.

A hard working Somali friend of mine who works for a very succesful company has been through this. She has found out she gets paid the least despite her being a senior compared to some cadaan newbies and is constantly passed when it comes to promotions.

Many of you are young, or not in certain professional positions. But it can be tough dealing with passive aggressive work place racism and constantly being overlooked.

At the end of the day, this isn't our country and it really is times like this that I get super pissed that we have managed to destroy our one because reality is people are always going to put there people first.
I'm very aware of those dynamics, I tend to go above and beyond at work to stand out. I hope you're able to persevere if you're ever put in that situation. Victim mentality is very counterproductive and leads to low self-esteem and low self-worth.

Trending