General anthropology questions

Some studies do that, but because of the size of whole genomes they are still not that common. I once came across a whole genome study that showed that the Yoruba are closer to Europeans than to the Juǀʼhoan San, :lol:.
:mindblown:
Damn Africa really is the most genetically diverse place on earth

land owner

Welcome to the yaab zone
VIP
I think the lower percentage is the more accurate. However, I think haplogroup T is an Iranian Neolithic lineage, so it definitely exists in Cushites.
How low would your estimate be? I’m leaning somewhere around 10-12%

Apollo

VIP
When do you think our non SSA ancestors mixed with them and where? In Egypt?

It was never a direct thing. It was most likely an already admixed groups mixing with lesser admixed but still admixed groups.

It was not like when Columbus met Amerindians (totally unmixed groups meeting each other for the first time).

land owner

Welcome to the yaab zone
VIP
It was never a direct thing. It was most likely an already admixed groups mixing with lesser admixed but still admixed groups.

It was not like when Columbus met Amerindians (totally unmixed groups meeting each other for the first time).
Oh so do you believe it could’ve possibly been iranian admixed levantines that made their way into Egypt and mixed with the proto Egyptian (natufian-like) population? I can see that playing out

land owner

Welcome to the yaab zone
VIP
@Apollo i feel that the populations inhabiting both the Middle East and Caucasus were all pretty much genetically identical (all being of dzudzuana descent) before the ANE migration, what do you think? I feel like even today both arab, iranian and other caucasus groups are heavily dzudzuana when you take ANE out of the equation

land owner

Welcome to the yaab zone
VIP
We don't have any.
U sure sxb? Neolithic Levant + Chalcolithic Iran + Sudanese made a better fit compared to just sudanese + natufian according to David from eurogenes

So, I asked David over at Eurogenes to run Somalis as a mixture between South Sudanese people and Natufians in order to see how well the model would fit using a formal statistical method like qpAdm and he got some pretty surprising results overall:
Natufian + Sudanese (south):

Sudanese: 54%
Natufian: 46%

Neolithic Levant + Sudanese (south):

Sudanese: 54%
Neolithic Levant: 46%

Neolithic Levant + Chalcolithic Iran + Sudanese (south):

Sudanese: 55%
Neolithic Levant: 34%
Chalcolithic Iran: 11%

Now, what's going to surprise you is that the third model is the one that fits the best, and by a long shot when compared to the first model. Natufian + Sudanese (south) fits the worst (chisq: 26.256, tail prob: 0.09%, std. errors: 0.009), Neolithic Levant + Sudanese (south) fits much better (chisq: 7.593, tail prob: 47%, std. errors: 0.006) and Neolithic Levant + Chalcolithic Iran + Sudanese (south) fits even better (chisq: 4.975, tail prob: 66%, std. errors: 0.057).

http://anthromadness.blogspot.com/2016/07/somali-qpadm-models-using-new-ancient.html?m=1

Last edited:
U sure sxb? Neolithic Levant + Chalcolithic Iran + Sudanese was a better fit compared to just sudanese + natufian according to David from eurogenes

http://anthromadness.blogspot.com/2016/07/somali-qpadm-models-using-new-ancient.html?m=1

Just noise.

These qpAdm are subject to these problems , also Iranian N has substantial basal admixture which is probably messing up the run.

Here is an example of how these graphs can run into problems with an mbuti run.
mbutianatolians2-e1577841558123.png

Also, the Proto-Cushitic urheimat is in East Sudan with the Pre-Proto Cushitic urheimat being on the East side of the Nile. This would mean that any Iranian like admixture would have to come via sea route as the whole Nile basin was uninhabitable during the AHP, plus Pre-Proto Semitic people's didn't carry any Iranian like admixture only after they left Africa did they acquire some. You have to take these results with a grain of salt especially if they don't match up with archeological evidence.

land owner

Welcome to the yaab zone
VIP
Just noise.

These qpAdm are subject to these problems , also Iranian N has substantial basal admixture which is probably messing up the run.

View attachment 87590

Also, the Proto-Cushitic urheimat is in East Sudan with the Pre-Proto Cushitic urheimat being on the East side of the Nile. This would mean that any Iranian like admixture would have to come via sea route as the whole Nile basin was uninhabitable during the AHP, plus Pre-Proto Semitic people's didn't carry any Iranian like admixture only after they left Africa did they acquire some. You have to take these results with a grain of salt especially if they don't match up with archeological evidence.
Interesting, how do you think the T haplogroup in some somalis got incorporated? Where do you believe it originated? I always assumed it was of Neolithic Iranian origin

Interesting, how do you think the T haplogroup in some somalis got incorporated? Where do you believe it originated? I always assumed it was of Neolithic Iranian origin

T in Somalis is from South Arabia.

The T in other cushitic groups like Rendile and Iraqw harder to pin point but I still recon it comes from Arabia.

land owner

Welcome to the yaab zone
VIP
Just noise.

View attachment 87590

@Apollo now there’s a possibility that we wuznt
qassem soleimani n shiet :mjcry:

Trending

Latest posts