Gay Somali Imam Reveals Plans to Open Australia's first Homosexual-Friendly Mosque

47EDF61C00000578-5249383-image-a-9_1515482155686.jpg

Australia's first openly gay Islamic imam is planning to open a mosque for same-sex attracted Muslim teenagers.

Nur Warsame, who publicly revealed his sexuality in 2010, wants to set up a haven in Melbourne for young Muslims whose socially-conservative families have shunned them.

The Somali-born imam, who was married with a daughter, say he is dealing with an 'avalanche of misery' and is in talks with philanthropists to build a refuge mosque in an undisclosed inner-city location for Muslims who have experienced violence from their families and their community.

'I had seven people housed at my one-bedroom apartment ... because it was life or death for them,' he told the ABC, adding they had to leave their family home 'that day, then and there'.

'One of the most essential things that our young people need is safe, affordable housing.

'For young people to transition safely they cannot be in the environment that is causing them the trauma.'

Mr Warsame is in talks with Victoria Police to build his gay-friendly mosque.

Homosexuality is forbidden under Sharia law, a strict Islamic legal system that proscribes the death penalty for gay sex, also known as 'lut'.

Sunni Muslims, in particular, derive their teachings from Abu Hurairah, a companion of the Prophet Mohammad, who said: 'If you find someone who is committing an act of the commitment of lut, kill the one on the top and the one below.'

While fundamentalist Christians denounce homosexuality as a sin, Australia is also home to several fundamentalist Muslim groups that graphically condemn same-sex attraction.

They include the Ahlus Sunnah Wal Jamaah Association, a Sunni group, whose Wollongong-based sheikh Jamil El-Biza in September described gay marriage as 'evil' and described same-sex attracted men as 'f****ts' to his 3,700 Facebook followers.

The areas of Australia with the highest Muslim population voted overwhelmingly against gay marriage in last year's postal vote survey, with the western Sydney seat of Watson, which includes Lakemba, returning a 70 per cent No vote.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ing-homosexual-friendly-mosque-Melbourne.html

Australia's first openly gay Islamic imam is planning to open a mosque for same-sex attracted Muslim teenagers.

Nur Warsame, who publicly revealed his sexuality in 2010, wants to set up a haven in Melbourne for young Muslims whose socially-conservative families have
47EDF61C00000578-5249383-image-a-9_1515482155686.jpg
shunned them.

The Somali-born imam, who was married with a daughter, say he is dealing with an 'avalanche of misery' and is in talks with philanthropists to build a refuge mosque in an undisclosed inner-city location for Muslims who have experienced violence from their families and their community.

'I had seven people housed at my one-bedroom apartment ... because it was life or death for them,' he told the ABC, adding they had to leave their family home 'that day, then and there'.

'One of the most essential things that our young people need is safe, affordable housing.

'For young people to transition safely they cannot be in the environment that is causing them the trauma.'

Mr Warsame is in talks with Victoria Police to build his gay-friendly mosque.

Homosexuality is forbidden under Sharia law, a strict Islamic legal system that proscribes the death penalty for gay sex, also known as 'lut'.

Sunni Muslims, in particular, derive their teachings from Abu Hurairah, a companion of the Prophet Mohammad, who said: 'If you find someone who is committing an act of the commitment of lut, kill the one on the top and the one below.'

While fundamentalist Christians denounce homosexuality as a sin, Australia is also home to several fundamentalist Muslim groups that graphically condemn same-sex attraction.

They include the Ahlus Sunnah Wal Jamaah Association, a Sunni group, whose Wollongong-based sheikh Jamil El-Biza in September described gay marriage as 'evil' and described same-sex attracted men as 'f****ts' to his 3,700 Facebook followers.

The areas of Australia with the highest Muslim population voted overwhelmingly against gay marriage in last year's postal vote survey, with the western Sydney seat of Watson, which includes Lakemba, returning a 70 per cent No vote.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ing-homosexual-friendly-mosque-Melbourne.html

The reformation is happening

All these gay men close together, doing rukuh and sujood

:siilaanyolaugh:

A gay imam who wants to "help" young gay muslims

Sounds like a Catholic church esque scandal waiting to happen.

I say let them do it. It will collapse on it's own

:westbrookswag:

SumMo

very lowkey
Somalis are gonna be so triggered about this.. Just watch as some salafist take to the streets with gun and violence.
C7560B84-FF1F-474D-84C3-B4D1FF0FE4C5.gif

Gadiid

So much depends upon a red wheel barrow.
Go4rxsU.gif

Idiots keep moulding Islam as they see fit, go be like the Qadianis and make a new one if you're deviating this much.

Gadiid

So much depends upon a red wheel barrow.
lol. I wasn’t talking about you then, my bad.
:noneck:

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

I agree, don't protest or violate these people, let them have their mosque.
To persecute them would be worse.

Allah exposes these things in the end and falsehood will lose, His wrath isn't ours.