Gated Communities in Somalia

Gated communities create income inequality that’s why you don’t see them in Europe or in Australia.

WHAT?

The 10 Most Stunning Gated Communities in America​

27 Sept 2003

A new study reveals there are more than 1,000 such "gated communities" in England, and demand for such "voluntary segregation" from the rest of society is growing, particularly among young professionals attracted by the prestige of such developments and fear of crime.

Periplus

It is what it is
VIP
WHAT?

The 10 Most Stunning Gated Communities in America​

As you can see in my post, I didn’t say America. Why do you think?

Maybe it’s because they have horrible income equality?!!?!

Furthermore, British gated communities are different from those in the US or elsewhere in the world.

:snoop:

Periplus

It is what it is
VIP
Anyways, I’m not here to hate on development just educate.

Fadlan delete my posts if you must, don’t want to derail the thread.

Congratulations to Garowe, inshallah I hope we see more integrated development rather than economic segregation but all development is good development alhamdulillah.

:samwelcome:

As you can see in my post, I didn’t say America. Why do you think?

Maybe it’s because they have horrible income equality?!!?!

Furthermore, British gated communities are different from those in the US or elsewhere in the world.

:snoop:

Just a few minutes of googling and I found a lot of evidence of gated communities in Australia.
Your point being what? British gated communities are still gated communities.

Macquarie Links Estate: a gated residential suburb in Sydney

4 Mar 2005 — Already, there are an estimated 100,000 people in Australia living in gated communities ranging from resort-style golf course estates to .. https://www.smh.com.au/national/behind-the-urban-curtains-20050304-gdkusn.html

Anyways, I’m not here to hate on development just educate.

Fadlan delete my posts if you must, don’t want to derail the thread.

Congratulations to Garowe, inshallah I hope we see more integrated development rather than economic segregation but all development is good development alhamdulillah.

:samwelcome:

You say you're not here to hate but you cannot say Mashallah instead you call this 'economic segregation'. Breathe out the hateration sxb. Its not good for your health

Periplus

It is what it is
VIP
Just a few minutes of googling and I found a lot of evidence of gated communities in Australia.
Your point being what? British gated communities are still gated communities.

A gated communities main problem is that they have their own malls, schools, shops etc which means their residents will not be encouraged to purchase from the rest of Garowe.

That creates two seperate economies and in a few decades, income inequality.

In Britain and Australia, their gated communities are not mini cities but rather several houses and a golf course.

My expertise is in policy, so that’s why I al concerned. I have said this about other gated communities in Somalia also.

You say you're not here to hate but you cannot say Mashallah instead you call this 'economic segregation'. Breathe out the hateration sxb. Its not good for your health

My bad, I forgot to say it. Mashallah to my fellow reer PL in Garowe.

A gated communities main problem is that they have their own malls, schools, shops etc which means their residents will not be encouraged to purchase from the rest of Garowe.

That creates two seperate economies and in a few decades, income inequality.

In Britain and Australia, their gated communities are not mini cities but rather several houses and a golf course.

My expertise is in policy, so that’s why I al concerned. I have said this about other gated communities in Somalia also.

My bad, I forgot to say it. Mashallah to my fellow reer PL in Garowe.

If gated community residents only buy from their community, this community still has to pay tax to the city of Garowe. This tax will be used to develop the whole city not just the gated community. That's why these new neighbourhood developments will be part of the city and not named as new cities. I get your concern sxb, but it's not on that level.

Periplus

It is what it is
VIP
If gated community residents only buy from their community, this community still has to pay tax to the city of Garowe. This tax will be used to develop the whole city not just the gated community. That's why these new neighbourhood developments will be part of the city and not named as new cities. I get your concern sxb, but it's not on that level.

That’s why I said all development is good development.

However, I prefer building inside existing suburbs so that us diaspora can also enrich our fellow Somalis by buying from their businesses and also interacting with them from day to day.

That’s why I said all development is good development.

However, I prefer building inside existing suburbs so that us diaspora can also enrich our fellow Somalis by buying from their businesses and also interacting with them from day to day.

We need a mix of both gated and ungated communities to attract Somalis to return back home. For diaspora Somalis who can't live in Somalia full-time its safer and cheaper to have a house in a gated community that can stay empty for months. In Nairobi for example you have high rises with gates and security manning the gates. Somali men in America and Europe already send their wives and children to live in such places and now we will have more of these options in Somalia.

Periplus

It is what it is
VIP
We need a mix of both gated and ungated communities to attract Somalis to return back home. For diaspora Somalis who can't live in Somalia full-time its safer and cheaper to have a house in a gated community that can stay empty for months. In Nairobi for example you have high rises with gates and security manning the gates. Somali men in America and Europe already send their wives and children to live in such places and now we will have more of these options in Somalia.

I see their use for the next decade or two, however, I feel that we need to reintegrate them into the wider city when it catches up.

The problem in Latin America and a lot of Africa is that they never did that and now gated communities are their own private cities with its own police and laws.

I live in Australia and many of the gated communities are now integrated into the suburbs that surround them.

GuanYu

Custom title
Gated communities create income inequality that’s why you don’t see them in Europe or in Australia.
I agree bro, Being in a Gated community in my eyes means you don't feel safe enough to be living in the community you are living.... so what the f*ck is even the point in being there?

That's why for me personally, I don't want no fucking Towns with gated community, You either all in, or you're all out.

Trending

Latest posts