Garowe Awesome Grid Network

Status
Not open for further replies.

DR OSMAN

AF NAAREED
VIP
It's just a perfect grid. 4 X 4 in all direction the roads and paved. All houses are nicely compacted into measured squared plots. The only thing Puntland needed to do in my view is allocate a zone for business district of the city and keep it separated and zoned away from residential or government ministry zone, so it remains divided from each other and not put together.

They separated the government ministries from the rest of the residential areas why not the business district and markets? We can have small market places in residential areas like shop-fronts, fruit and veg stalls, etc but other major companies like telecoms, banks, hotels should be directed towards the business district so it forms a nice little CBD or a central business district.

DR OSMAN

AF NAAREED
VIP
Plus I think it's about high time the government starts to subsidize and cheapen for the residents to upgrade their roofing. We took a major battle to charcoal and replaced it with LPG gas units. Today noone uses charcoal in Puntland, it's even being fought in nomadic zones who are resorting to either lpg gas units. The cities are now cleared of 'charcoal' why can't we get those crappy weather-board roofing off and make them all tile roofing plus it's far more durable and lasts longer tile roofing not this weatherboard roofing which collapses with the hard rains when it comes.

Sheet Metal is the product their using for the roofing of homes in Puntland and it's disgusting and ugly and dangerous even because it isn't the best roofing product, it's only cheap that's why they get it and since there hasn't been a major disaster yet, I won't hold my breath on them upgrading anytime soon because Puntland only does things or changes when there is a disaster that happens.

Status
Not open for further replies.