NFD Pictures and Videos

Garissa local farmers are resistant and hard working even those without much hardware or equipments. May Allah make their harvest abundant Ameen.

Ras

It's all so tiresome
VIP
Farming ≠ Somali

They'll gain much better yields if they hired some non somalis to do the actual farming and sold shares to raise funds for the equipment.

Since labour is cheap they won't really need that much equipment.

My dad wanted to hire adeer siyow as a consultant for our large farm in gedo. He’s amazing and well known in garissa.

Somalis in general need more farmers until we can upscale our efficiency and size.

BetterDaysAhead

#JusticeForShukriAbdi #FreeYSL
VIP
Farming ≠ Somali

They'll gain much better yields if they hired some non somalis to do the actual farming and sold shares to raise funds for the equipment.

We don’t need foreigners to do it there are plenty of Somalis that are starting to like farming

Ras

It's all so tiresome
VIP
We don’t need foreigners to do it there are plenty of Somalis that are starting to like farming

If you don't have the funds for those highly productive machinery you're stuck with ungodly hours of back breaking work... shit we're allergic to.

BetterDaysAhead

#JusticeForShukriAbdi #FreeYSL
VIP
If you don't have the funds for those highly productive machinery you're stuck with ungodly hours of back breaking work... shit we're allergic to.
Show them this
screen-shot-2014-07-18-at-6-02-03-am.png

Removed

Gif-King
VIP
Farming ≠ Somali

They usually own farms in other places in Kenya like Naivasha. The farms alot of the time are greenhouses in NFD but they also pay other people to tend the traditional farms for a small fee.

Its actually very profitable and you have many NFD millionaires from produce alone. This isn’t a stat you could find but from my experience they seem to produce the most millionaires by a large margin. Thats for all clans there btw.

Ras

It's all so tiresome
VIP
They usually own farms in other places in Kenya like Naivasha. The farms alot of the time are greenhouses in NFD but they also pay other people to tend the traditional farms for a small fee.

Its actually very profitable and you have many NFD millionaires from produce alone. This isn’t a stat you could find but from my experience they seem to produce the most millionaires by a large margin. Thats for all clans there btw.

Farming is one of the most scalable business models available right now in Africa.

Saving up currently to invest in JL once things calm down and there's some semblance of rule of law.

Huge demand for locally produced food due to import cost arbitrage.

Hence why I'm interested in using the Juba river for transportation to lower costs even more since most farms will be near it.

Removed

Gif-King
VIP
Farming is one of the most scalable business models available right now in Africa.

Saving up currently to invest in JL once things calm down and there's some semblance of rule of law.

Huge demand for locally produced food due to import cost arbitrage.

Hence why I'm interested in using the Juba river for transportation to lower costs even more since most farms will be near it.
It would be easier to start business ventures elsewhere in africa first and work up to Somalia or at the very least within your clan territory and with another more experienced person.

Produce is more difficult in Somalia the market is more spread out and the infrastructure between them is few if any this including the obscene corruption and extortion against businesses and political instability. It is definitely still profitable though just not suitable for fresh arrivals from abroad.

Ras

It's all so tiresome
VIP
It would be easier to start business ventures elsewhere in africa first and work up to Somalia or at the very least within your clan territory and with another more experienced person.

Easy = low returns due to saturated markets.

Especially if you have to involve other people to get anything done.

If i wanted mediocre yields I'd stick to the developed markets.

Waiting on the legal system to develop slightly so I don't get robbed the moment I get off the airplane.

Produce is more difficult in Somalia the market is more spread out and the infrastructure between them is few if any this including the obscene corruption and extortion against businesses and political instability. It is definitely still profitable though just not suitable for fresh arrivals from abroad.

Haven't researched the market make-up properly yet.

Think a big chunk of "middle class" urban dwellers get their fresh produce from local producers and 90% of processed foods from imports.

There's an opportunity in processing some of that domestically and you'd probably have to deal with less corruption overall.

Even if you have to deal with the same amount of shit from officials and warlords you'd still end up ahead due to the higher margins and the land equity you hold/paying off.

$1 per trillion acres in Somalia might be worth $2,000+ per acre in the near future.

Could easily see a 10x return within a decade for prime farm land/location.

Would love to buy and hold but ain't nobody got that kinda money so farms would subsidize the land acquisition.

Don't mind sharing since no one is going to do anything with it.