Garissa Has A 50 MW Solar Farm. 350,000 People Connected

KENYA: Jiangxi International commissions 50 MWp Garissa Solar Power Plant
By Jean Marie Takouleu - Published on January 5 2020 / Modified on January 5 2020

KENYA: Jiangxi International commissions 50 MWp Garissa Solar Power Plant©Ruslan Ivantsov/Shutterstock

China Jiangxi Corporation for International Economic and Technical Co-operation (CJIC) completed the construction of the 50 MWp Garissa Solar Photovoltaic Power Plant. The plant was recently inaugurated in the presence of the authorities.

Kenya has just acquired a solar power plant. It is located in Mbalambala, in Garissa County in eastern Kenya. The plant was recently inaugurated in the presence of the Kenyan President, Uhuru Kenyatta, and the authorities of Garissa County. The solar photovoltaic plant was built by the China Jiangxi Corporation for International Economic and Technical Co-operation (CJIC).

The plant consists of 200,200 solar panels connected to inverters and installed on an area of 85 hectares. The entire system produces 50 MWp. “I am very proud that the project has been successfully completed and is equipped with state-of-the-art equipment. We hope it will serve Kenya for the next 25 years,” says Zhang Jian, representative of CJIC in Kenya.

The project was developed by the Kenya Rural Electrification Authority. This public institution has signed a 25-year Power Purchase Agreement (PPA) with Kenya Power (KPLC), the company that provides the electricity utility. Under the contract, KPLC will purchase a kWh of electricity at 12 shillings ($0.12), which is 8 shillings ($0.07) less than electricity generated from diesel, the main source of power in Garissa County.

The solar power plant, which is connected to the grid, is expected to supply 70,000 households in Garissa, or about 350,000 people. This represents almost half of the county’s population. The project required an investment of $13 billion, or just over $128.5 million. The Kenya Rural Electrification Authority relied on funding from Exim Bank of China to build the Garissa Solar Photovoltaic Power Plant.

Can't PL join Ethiopia or Kenya as an interim solution till Somalia gets it's act together. There is no point living in this vacuum while the continent powers on. We cannot keep staying in Somalia nor can we declare secession and be isolated. Let us seek how PL can join Kenya or Ethiopia who are functioning governments and get massive projects.

While we sit there waving a silly blue flag that is only a country in name but is completely dysfunctional. I want to escape this hellish situation called Somalia and join Ethiopia or Kenya. We would have access to major game changing projects then. I don't care what border PL is in as long as we progress rapidly and this isn't happening in this Somalia, ha laga tashdo.

Last edited:
Beat that dulis, 350,000 people connected to electricity in Garissa alone. Yet Somalia over-all electricity consumption is less then 250,000. How is it one district in NFD has more energy infrastructure then a whole fuckin nation of 12 million? the reason is, they are not stuck sharing a land with hawiye or isaaq

That one infrastructure answered 50% of Garissa population energy needs since the population is 900k. Just one project having such large impact is what I prefer.

@Abaq by building a road in HAG territories will just mean shabab gets richer thru checkpoints and more vehicles, your building an infrastructure for a terrorist who will come and use that against you. I would've stopped any infrastructure project in HAG territories as unsafe investments that may hinder that's south security. What HAG territories need is more air-strikes, more tanks, more bodies on the floor untill they realize the only loser in housing shabab is HAG.

Abaq

Shalom
@Abaq by building a road in HAG territories will just mean shabab gets richer thru checkpoints and more vehicles, your building an infrastructure for a terrorist who will come and use that against you. I would've stopped any infrastructure project in HAG territories as unsafe investments that may hinder that's south security. What HAG territories need is more air-strikes, more tanks, more bodies on the floor untill they realize the only loser in housing shabab is HAG.
That highway is being built in Garissa County Doctor, to connect it to Wajeer.

Only @PuntiteQueen understands the policy benefit of no infrastructure investment into HAG territories, it's not because I hate them but it will be used by shabab to secure more funding as vehicles increase, this then goes to kill HAG.

I want tough laws enacted by the government which I think can stop shabab and bring them out of their hiding among civilians. Any shabaab person caught doing a terror attack will be treated under clan justice, the perpetrator clan will pay 'compensation' if a member of their clan is caught doing suicide bombing and if it's normal hit n run terrorist who is caught he falls under his clan responsibility and will recieve 'dil togaasho'.

Capital punishment for terrorists plus compensation for their victims must be enacted immediately rather then letting these assholes live in a vacuum of no accountability. I will also enact laws to gather 'data statistics' on terrorist clan origins and that clan who has terrorists will also lose 'political representation' in the nation at the federal level and regional level.

The reason why shabab is existing is due to this vacuum regarding their status not defined in tribal law. They operate thru tribal connections and recieve funding thru tribal connections, yet the tribe isn't punished makes no sense.

I would also immediately implement clan justice based on 'weight' system not an 'eye for eye'. This guys eye isn't worth 'hodan naleeye' eyes. Hence a weight system will be applied. We kill the same 'worth' from your clan not kill this worthless piece of shit for someone like hodan.

1603012654327.jpeg

I never agreed with an eye for eye as not all eyes are equal in weight as Puntite queen knows PL justice system very well which is what keeps the peace among Puntites, if we had the same system as the south where this duli is killed for hodan naaleeye, their wud be no sense of justice in the community and instability.

Last edited:
@Abaq PL is very happy for Garissa and DDSI, don't stay there waiting for Somalia to get it's act together, take advantage of the situation and develop to the point u may one day colonize Somalia itself who is in a vicious vacuum of no proper state. It's better being in a state then no state bro, never listen to these stupid Somalis who talk about being free but at what cost is freedom when you are stateless, that's not the type of freedom anyone should promote. That's what we call 'naflacaris' who were naked thinking being naked is something to boast about.

Beat that dulis, 350,000 people connected to electricity in Garissa alone. Yet Somalia over-all electricity consumption is less then 250,000. How is it one district in NFD has more energy infrastructure then a whole fuckin nation of 12 million? the reason is, they are not stuck sharing a land with hawiye or isaaq

That one infrastructure answered 50% of Garissa population energy needs since the population is 900k. Just one project having such large impact is what I prefer.

And notice how they cut the cost from 20 cents a kwh o 12 cents, thats a 40% saving straight away,

a friend of mine was telling me who is in Garisa now massive exports are taking place where Ogadens are exporting amazing crops that are much cheaper to grow than in other areas in kenya due to less bribes being paid since in bantu areas you must pay a bribe every where - cash crops

Garisa is thriving masha Allah, we are a civilised people, no corruption,

having said that though, i still want non Kumade to be deported and or imprison if they come to garisa because they bring with them filth and corruption and chaos,

many buuns and eley were deported for causing terrorism and bring in filth, an OG officer from the kenyan intel kicked them out,

i just dont like or want non Kumade to come to a blessed safe land,

And notice how they cut the cost from 20 cents a kwh o 12 cents, thats a 40% saving straight away,

a friend of mine was telling me who is in Garisa now massive exports are taking place where Ogadens are exporting amazing crops that are much cheaper to grow than in other areas in kenya due to less bribes being paid since in bantu areas you must pay a bribe every where - cash crops

Garisa is thriving masha Allah, we are a civilised people, no corruption,

having said that though, i still want non Kumade to be deported and or imprison if they come to garisa because they bring with them filth and corruption and chaos,

many buuns and eley were deported for causing terrorism and bring in filth, an OG officer from the kenyan intel kicked them out,

i just dont like or want non Kumade to come to a blessed safe land,
Yes and Somalia pay 80 cents per KW for what is essentially the same service lol. Talk about living standards difference, the average garissa person will have more to spend to fuel other market growth, no doubt, production will naturally increase to accomodate this which means employment.

Trending

Latest posts