Galkacyo as a Capital for Somalia

• Yes, because Galkacyo is situated in the Center of Somalia

Votes: 6 28.6%
  • No, i prefer they way it is in Xamar Cade

Votes: 15 71.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I remember when i was in Garowe during the formation of Galmudug, the Cumar Maxmuud Xildhibano were saying on Radio that the condition of them joining the Galmudug were;
  • Getting the Parliamentary Speaker,
  • 11 member of Parliments
  • 2 wasiiro
  • Monetary compensations
  • Capital of Somalia to be moved to Galkacyo
I remember that the Sacads agreed with them in all these, even all of Puntland Politicians were for this settlement (mainly in garowe i heard, since i was there), but the SFG then led by HSM refused, the Capital to be changed and Monetary Compensation to be given, he said that it will set precedent for others.

So guys please, no qabiil bashing, but an intellectual insight, any of you guys heard this and what happend, how come it didn't materialise back then.

Prince of Lasanod

Eid trim pending
Too hot, too ugly.

I think Xamar is the best place. It's located in a strategic location, close to agricultural markets, shabelle river, coastal, and good weather.

Capital must stay as coastal city for economical and regional reasons.

Mogadishu is here to stay: hate it or love it

Whit all the respect to my mj and hg brethrens.

:ufdup:

And how would you defend Baladweyne in a war? It's way too close to the Ethiopian border.
The Ethiopian border are the ahmar mountains :westbrookswag:

Also having the capital in Baladweyne will get more Somalis into farming being located on the Shabelle river.

Mogadishu will still be the commercial capital.

Having the capital in Baladweyne will be a good excuse for Somalia to create a buffer zone in Ethiopia. Basically annexing a large part of DDSI without causing much international condemnation. :ohhh:

But Somali politicians don't really have the mental capacity to make it happen :drakekidding:

DeathWish

Hotep and Hebrew Israelite
I believe that the capital should move to Galkacyo.
  1. Coastal cities are the easiest cities to destroy (by enemies)
  2. A/Y airport will become a national airport halting a possible civil war between PL and GM.
  3. It is at the center of Somalia
  4. If we reclaim Somalia Galbeed, Gaalkacyo will be far from all of Somalia's borders making it difficult for Somalia's capital to get captured by foreign forces.
  5. Since Gaalkacyo is half Darood and half Hawiye, there will not be a fight for who controls the capital city.
Mogadishu will still be the economic capital of Somalia, but I do think Gaalkacyo should be where the heads of the state monitor the country.

Last edited:

Apollo

VIP
I have never been to Mogadishu ever, despite visiting Somalia multiple times. Who cares about Mogadishu.

Best thing out of the civil war it made the capital irrelevant.

Status
Not open for further replies.