Future gaming industry in somalia

Status
Not open for further replies.

new interactive Gaming companies are developing premium products in Africa, Video games make billion of dollars for American, Europeans and East asians even african are getting into the action. creating games for Smartphones and video game console while at the same time trying to make their culture more well known.

graphic comics also appeals to younger demographic what better way to tell our story than through comics.

Apparently, there was youtube video about african super hero and one of the super hero is anansi the trickers and his fighting pirates in somalia. Nacaladha Bantu, using us to sell comic books.

Interesting this can be a cool method to market our culture and economize on it. For Example: Have our own Cultural characters with their own persona. The Same way japan and china is doing with street fighers , ninjas all sorts of crap. With an East Asian theme. We can Utilize a our Somali Theme in the same fashion

So there is a lots of potential when it comes to Gaming in somalia. Too bad due to civil war our cultural agency is weak. We will probably end up not utilizing it for economic benefits either will be robbed of it or replace it with foreign irrelevant culture.

I still have hope tho. lots of potential to market our own culture and history for economic benefits tru gaming and graphic comics.

Last edited:
Interesting this can be a cool method to market our culture and economize on it. For Example: Have our own Cultural characters with their own persona. The Same way japan and china is doing with street fighers , ninjas all sorts of crap. With an East Asian theme. We can Utilize a our Somali Theme in the same fashion

So there is a lots of potential when it comes to Gaming in somalia. Too bad due to civil war our cultural agency is weak. We will probably end up not utilizing it for economic benefits either will be robbed of it or replace it with foreign irrelevant culture.

I still have hope tho. lots of potential to market our own culture and history for economic benefits tru gaming and graphic comics.
Graphic novels and Gaming are the best way to brand your culture, and thank to technology and financing option it possible for somalis in diaspora to invest in each other and people back home to create interactive content of a culture nature. we fucking need archeologists and anthropologies and novelist. everything need to written and preserved, this generation may not care but a future may revitalize our culture.

Graphic novels and Gaming are the best way to brand your culture, and thank to technology and financing option it possible for somalis in diaspora to invest in each other and people back home to create interactive content of a culture nature. we fucking need archeologists and anthropologies and novelist. everything need to written and preserved, this generation may not care but a future may revitalize our culture.

Walah the ideas that pop up in my mind when i think about it. Somaali culture & heritage is soo rich and fitting for graphic novels, animation and gaming. The same way japan has done storing its history, culture ,ethos,philosphies and myths inside of these venues. ,it can do the same for us.

I desperatley wish for a Somali renaissance.

Walah the ideas that pop up in my mind when i think about it. Somaali culture & heritage is soo rich and fitting for graphic novels, animation and gaming. The same way japan has done storing its history, culture ,ethos,philosphies and myths inside of these venues. ,it can do the same for us.

I desperatley wish for a Somali renaissance.
you and me brother, Allah let live to see a somali renaissance before my death. Amen

S

syntax

They can make the games but they are going to be faced with another big issue; getting the consumer market up to date on the hardware. People in Somalia/Africa have smartphones,but their usually low end Android devices. Not to mention that smartphones aren't exactly the ideal gaming platform.

I was actually working on a Somali-like-fantasy game three years ago using Somali themes from Myths/Legends, Culture and History but unfortunately now its been on hiatus for a very long time now due to me being busy with Universality and other crap. But currently though on my spare time am working on a SCIFI project that will utilize a lot of Somali stuff (Think of stuff like Cyber-Waranle, Neo-Gaalkacyo, New Majerteenia, etc), where I finished creating the lore and setting but now I'm working on the plot and after that to characters. After finishing the universe, I may turn it into an Online RPG or a VN (Visual Novel) depending on the situation or if it does bring any economical benefits to me. But at the end of the day, I like world-building so I might come up with some speculative that suits Somali-gamers.

P

primate

I was actually working on a Somali-like-fantasy game three years ago using Somali themes from Myths/Legends, Culture and History but unfortunately now its been on hiatus for a very long time now due to me being busy with Universality and other crap. But currently though on my spare time am working on a SCIFI project that will utilize a lot of Somali stuff (Think of stuff like Cyber-Waranle, Neo-Gaalkacyo, New Majerteenia, etc), where I finished creating the lore and setting but now I'm working on the plot and after that to characters. After finishing the universe, I may turn it into an Online RPG or a VN (Visual Novel) depending on the situation or if it does bring any economical benefits to me. But at the end of the day, I like world-building so I might come up with some speculative that suits Somali-gamers.
We should be friends.

We should be friends.

internet_fist_bump-2.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.