Free 23andme Test (USA)

Is R0a2l common among HOA? There is so many maternal lineage compared to paternal lineage? Parternal lineage is dominated by E1b1b and T, with few J and extremely rare R1b. Our paternal ancestors use to trade and in exchange got foreign female wives. For us its equivalent of buying a rolls royce :wow1:

Apollo

VIP
Is R0a2l common among HOA? There is so many maternal lineage compared to paternal lineage? Parternal lineage is dominated by E1b1b and T, with few J and extremely rare R1b. Our paternal ancestors use to trade and in exchange got foreign female wives. For us its equivalent of buying a rolls royce :wow1:

@The alchemist

Lol, can you explain to him how he is wrong on the foreign wives assumption. Don't think he understands paternal bottlenecks.

@The alchemist

Lol, can you explain to him how he is wrong on the foreign wives assumption. Don't think he understands paternal bottlenecks.

I am still amateur, just graduated from 23andMe (pro level), stepping to the big Y now. I heard about the back migration of east Africa, especially the horn of africa, there has been studies that somalis are 40 to 60% West Eurasian, but if the so called back migration occurred than its more likely its the males that travel back to east africa. So if females are more likely to stay and males are moving around the globe. How is it possible to have few paternal lineage in comparison to maternal lineage? I might be wrong and I am here to learn, but its hard to believe maternal lineage such as N,M, R, U and many others found in Somalia is a process of back migration

Qeelbax

East Africa UNUKA LEH
VIP
E2709CA4-A225-480B-8BE8-F9C19637FE8E.png

Why does it list me as European?
:damn::williamswtf:

The Mtree is a bit more incomplete than the Ytree. Sometimes a lineage may look Arabian, but still can have unsampled sister clades that have been in the Horn or at least African side of the Red Sea for like 5,000 years.
I completely agree. That clade might have traveled from the Horn, we will never know until more data.

I am still amateur, just graduated from 23andMe (pro level), stepping to the big Y now. I heard about the back migration of east Africa, especially the horn of africa, there has been studies that somalis are 40 to 60% West Eurasian, but if the so called back migration occurred than its more likely its the males that travel back to east africa. So if females are more likely to stay and males are moving around the globe. How is it possible to have few paternal lineage in comparison to maternal lineage? I might be wrong and I am here to learn, but its hard to believe maternal lineage such as N,M, R, U and many others found in Somalia is a process of back migration
Culture and mating strategies, including bottlenecks, is the reason mtDNA is more diverse compared to Y-DNA.

Trending