First ever halal nightclub opens in Jeddah KSA

TekNiKo

“I am an empathic and emotionally-aware person.
VIP
A 'halal nightclub' will soon open in Saudi Arabia, reports revealed on Wednesday, sparking online jokes and anger from conservatives.

Dubai and Beirut nightclub brand White said this week that a new branch would open its doors in the coastal city of Jeddah.

Those in favour of the latest venue, which will only serve non-alcoholic cocktails, tweeted using the Arabic-language hashtag #JeddahDisco.

Opponents of the move expressed their frustration under the rival hashtag meaning: "I don't accept forbidden acts on Jeddah beach".

The CEO of the venue told news website Arabian Business that the club was a high-end cafe and lounge.

"The Saudi market will be great, because the local community goes out a lot. You have people in the country who go out a lot," Tony Habre was quoted as saying.

But unsurprisingly, the news has divided social media users in the kingdom.

The nightclub opening comes as authorities lead a much-trumpeted drive to modernise the conservative kingdom that has included giving women the right to drive.

The kingdom at the meantime faces criticism over the detention and ongoing trials of several women activists, seen as part of a broad crackdown on dissent.

It also faced severe backlash in October after Crown Prince Mohammed bin Salman was blamed for the killing of Saudi journalist Jamal Khashoggi, who was murdered by a hit-squad in the kingdom's Turkey-based consulate.

Follow us on Twitter: @The_NewArab

https://www.alaraby.co.uk/english/n...ctZKWBUqQOQFpftobOSFVv3b0CtrLHm1SPPwRgy7zY0As

XamarWeeaboo

You expected something here didn't you?!?!?
The only people I see going there are expats and foreign workers.. If the locals go, the poor or middle class, they'll be shamed and shunned by their community.

High_end cafe and lounge? Hmmm seems a place for foteigners to chill in peace then and good pr for recruiting more foreigners to move there who think saudi is too strict.

AIOPZ

Pan-Islamist
you your in support?

Obviously a "halal nightclub" sounds ridiculous as it is ridiculous - Saudi Arabia shouldn't even entertain straying away from the Sharia to satisfy haram needs. Even if it doesn't serve alcohol, it'll still be allowing the intermixing of non-mahram men and women, which is haram. With this and the music festivals, I'm very curious to see the actual reactions of the Saudi scholars on this non-Islamic intrusion onto their society. Is their tourist industry really worth sacrificing their hardline conservative values?

Tukraq

VIP
Obviously a "halal nightclub" sounds ridiculous as it is ridiculous - Saudi Arabia shouldn't even entertain straying away from the Sharia to satisfy haram needs. Even if it doesn't serve alcohol, it'll still be allowing the intermixing of non-mahram men and women, which is haram. With this and the music festivals, I'm very curious to see the actual reactions of the Saudi scholars on this non-Islamic intrusion onto their society. Is their tourist industry really worth sacrificing their hardline conservative values?
its Saudi they'll have their Salafi sheik's make a fatwa

IstarZ

A mere finger can’t obscure the sun.
I think some Muslims put Saudi on a pedestal, but aside from the 2 haramain there is nothing special about that country. It’s like any other muslim country with fusuq iyo musuqmaasuq.

AIOPZ

Pan-Islamist
I think some Muslims put Saudi on a pedestal, but aside from the 2 haramain there is nothing special about that country. It’s like any other muslim country with fusuq iyo musuqmaasuq.

They're not really like "any other Muslim country" - they don't adhere to secular laws and they actually practice Sharia. The only other country as traditional about following Islam as them is Iran, and the only thing unfortunate about Iran is that they're Shi'ites.

They're so orthodox that this is the first club they've had in their entire 93 years of being a country. Can any other Muslim country brag about that? They also don't have a national holiday, unlike every other Muslim country. They may not be perfect, of course, but they are the only Sunni Muslim nation whose laws follow the Qu'ran and the Sunnah. For that, they deserve praise.

Last edited:

Samaalic Era

QurboExit
They're not really like "any other Muslim country" - they don't adhere to secular laws and they actually practice Sharia. The only other country as traditional about following Islam as them is Iran, and the only thing unfortunate about Iran is that they're Shi'ites.

They're so orthodox that this is the first club they've had in their entire 93 years of being a country. Can any other Muslim country brag about that? They also don't have a national holiday, unlike every other Muslim country. They may not be perfect, of course, but they are the only Sunni Muslim nation whose laws follow the Qu'ran and the Sunnah. For that, they deserve praise.

Saudi Arabia does not follow Islamic law. The rules only apply when it suits the House of Saud.

Dubai and Beirut nightclub brand White will open as a high-end café and lounge in Jeddah, according to the CEO of Addmind Hospitality Group.

The upcoming high-end café and lounge (WHITE) will open along the Jeddah Waterfront and will house various genres of music catering to different tastes. Fans of EDM, commercial music, RnB, and hip-hop will most likely enjoy the place.

A Dance floor will occupy some space at the upcoming lounge, and is open to both men and women.

Trending