First Desalination Plant in Mogadishu

Status
Not open for further replies.
Great news. I thought this would've been too high in cost when regarding the high energy need for desalination plants and our extremely high electricity prices. If this proofs to be economically viable (which it likely isn't compared to bore holes) it should be implemented at locations along the coast which suffer from drought.

Mashallah, great news! I wonder how this was funded: a rich Somali entrepreneur or an NGO? Or surprise option number three, the federal government?

Hold your horses Neefs,

This companies domain is servicing remote locations with services that include water purification for oil and gas and mining projects around the world.

They’re running off diesel power with generators. This process is only viable for military out posts in Xamaar.

It’s makes zero sense to be using these in a Tuulo since the cost of cleaning underground water is much cheaper than running generators that drink 100L of desiel fuel per day.

A real system would have to be net zero energy and run off off wind or solar. The question in the end is, do you need that when you have so much fresh water locked underneath the soil.

There’s many companies who design this type of equipment, it’s just not viable compared to cleaning fresh well water.

:manny:

Ras

It's all so tiresome
VIP
I can build 60 boreholes on that.

Boreholes are better in most aspects but desalination plants could provide a higher output for a longer time.

Once a well dries up its no longer useful.

Like someone before mentioned; it's great for military outposts or coastal compounds.

Hopefully someone figures out a way to increase the potability of desalinated water; it's currently has too many side effects.

250k is expensive but the price goes down the larger the plant.

SomaliMVP

Somali chauvinist
Boreholes are better in most aspects but desalination plants could provide a higher output for a longer time.

Once a well dries up its no longer useful.

Like someone before mentioned; it's great for military outposts or coastal compounds.

Hopefully someone figures out a way to increase the potability of desalinated water; it's currently has too many side effects.

250k is expensive but the price goes down the larger the plant.

I know. I worked on similar projects. If some ngo wants a desalination unit like this I could sell it to them. But i.m.o it is not worth it.

Yonis

Puntland Youth Organiser
FKD Visionary
VIP
Hold your horses Neefs,

This companies domain is servicing remote locations with services that include water purification for oil and gas and mining projects around the world.

They’re running off diesel power with generators. This process is only viable for military out posts in Xamaar.

It’s makes zero sense to be using these in a Tuulo since the cost of cleaning underground water is much cheaper than running generators that drink 100L of desiel fuel per day.

A real system would have to be net zero energy and run off off wind or solar. The question in the end is, do you need that when you have so much fresh water locked underneath the soil.

There’s many companies who design this type of equipment, it’s just not viable compared to cleaning fresh well water.

:manny:
True, sanitising groundwater is cheaper option. Would be awesome to see a solar powered desalination plant in Puntland

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending