Somaliland Farming and Food Production

Yh. Last time I went to Sland, meat was expensive for the average person, this will hopefully will provide alternative
for the average local people back home.

Duchess

HRH Duchess of Puntland, The Viscount of Garoowe
VIP
you know chicken meat is exported from the middle east in somaliland. absolute disgrace

It's exported to the Middle East? Why is that a bad thing? It means chicken farmers are making money.

It's exported to the Middle East? Why is that a bad thing? It means chicken farmers are making money.

I think he meant "imported" from the ME

We also need geel and ari farms in everything major city , we gotta take advantage of all that milk and meat
we have more xoolo then people it's a disgrace :hehehe:

waraabe

Your superior
Even simple foods such as wheat that can be grown in Somaliland is imported from desert Middle East, disgraceful
indeed.

true, i remember they successfully grown rice in somaliland . the first thing for our people should be food and water security

Duchess

HRH Duchess of Puntland, The Viscount of Garoowe
VIP
middle east exports, we import them

Oh, okay, then that's ridiculous.:mjcry:

Have you guys heard of Shuraako? They work mainly in Somaliland and their portfolio includes several SL companies (mainly fishing, beekeeping, farming). Do they actual support small businesses or this another NGO scam?

Our approach is to start small, build a relationship, and expand from there. Historically, investments have been in the agriculture, livestock, fishing and honey sectors, as well as women owned businesses and credit associations. Funding to date has ranged between USD$5,000 to USD$125,000, based on the strength of the proposal.

http://shuraako.org/about-us/frequently-asked-questions

I love bariis or baasto with dooro, not many Somalis know about it but it's better than goat :dzmxmmb:

Chicken is the future. Way to go Hargeisa!

Chicken is really diesase prone. These somalis dont have proper hand washing hygiene. There must be adequate cleaning procedures. Everytime i visit i never eat chicken. But im glad theyre doing something. Anytime theyre not importing from them Aaaayrabs im happy lol

Chicken is really diesase prone. These somalis dont have proper hand washing hygiene. There must be adequate cleaning procedures. Everytime i visit i never eat chicken. But im glad theyre doing something. Anytime theyre not importing from them Aaaayrabs im happy lol

If you watched the video you'd know they had a vet on board :mjlol:

Trending