Finland Elections Spark Anti Muslim Campaigns As Elections Nearby

Lebron James

4 Time NBA Champion
VIP
2023318638147017936118402.jpg

Finnish voters go to the polls at the beginning of April, in a closely-fought campaign that sees Prime Minister Sanna Marin's Social Democrats in a tight three-way race against the conservative National Coalition Party, and the the far-right populist Finns Party.

This week a Finns Party candidate sparked a backlash from other politicians and voters alike, for an advert branded as "racist."

Laura Jokela, who is standing in Helsinki, uploaded the image to her social media accounts and said she would also distribute the picture on a flyer to prospective supporters.

On the left hand side it shows a picture of half her face with the words "You know why" in Finnish, above a Finns Party logo.

On the right hand side it shows Jokela's face apparently covered in a burqa, and the slogan "East Helsinki. Like going abroad?"

"If someone feels that the picture is racist, they can ask themselves why they feel that way," Jokela, 31, told Euronews.

"If the reason is a Finnish woman wearing a burkha, you can reflect on your own prejudices, why it causes negative feelings," she said.

Finnish niggas is East Helskini some dangerous place ?

Aurelian

Forza Somalia!
VIP
2023318638147017936118402.jpg

Finnish voters go to the polls at the beginning of April, in a closely-fought campaign that sees Prime Minister Sanna Marin's Social Democrats in a tight three-way race against the conservative National Coalition Party, and the the far-right populist Finns Party.

This week a Finns Party candidate sparked a backlash from other politicians and voters alike, for an advert branded as "racist."

Laura Jokela, who is standing in Helsinki, uploaded the image to her social media accounts and said she would also distribute the picture on a flyer to prospective supporters.

On the left hand side it shows a picture of half her face with the words "You know why" in Finnish, above a Finns Party logo.

On the right hand side it shows Jokela's face apparently covered in a burqa, and the slogan "East Helsinki. Like going abroad?"

"If someone feels that the picture is racist, they can ask themselves why they feel that way," Jokela, 31, told Euronews.

"If the reason is a Finnish woman wearing a burkha, you can reflect on your own prejudices, why it causes negative feelings," she said.

Finnish niggas is East Helskini some dangerous place ?
East Helsinki is like first world country compared to London in terms of safety, or any other non Nordic place. The thing is that there are many foreigners shops over there, and the demographics are 40% foreigners. You will not even see any Niqabis over there, at least for me.

So this idiot politician was like "I'm gonna solve this issue" The issue is that the demographics, what he gonna do about it is unkown.

Internet Nomad

๐‘ฎ๐’๐’๐’† ๐’‡๐’๐’“ ๐’ˆ๐’“๐’†๐’†๐’๐’†๐’“ ๐’‘๐’‚๐’”๐’•๐’–๐’“๐’†๐’”
VIP
I would be hypocritical to say they are racist to care about the demographics about their nation because i wouldnt want somalia to have massive growing foreign population.

However immigration is normal and has happened since the beginning of mankind. What their concern is culture and islam.

They would be right to say Finnish liberal values and Islamic values do not overlap.I believe islam is the best ethic system but how would you tell that to a bunch of fearful gaals.

So in conclusion i understand both sides.

Keo

VIP
Finland doesnโ€™t have nearly as much of the problems that Sweden has yet it seems like Islamophobia is growing there.

Barni

โš ๏ธ EPILEPTIC WARNING โš ๏ธ
Tbh i dont blame them no one wants their country to be overrun by foreigners.

Trending