Financial freedom/stability by 40

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is my goal.

However I think I will work til I drop dead. Retirement is boring from what I see. Old people with nothing to do by 11 a.m

So why by 40?

Because the job market is absolutely horrible for those above that age looking for work after being laid off/fired. No one wants to pay an older person with many many years of experience for top dollar

Imagine not being able to get back in the workforce in the field you've been working for for decades?

If this happens to me, and Wal Mart was my only option, I'd do it but would need money stacked up by that age for security.

But I'm more than fine at the moment

Bohol

VIP
I am thinking of retiring by the age of 30. With enough money saved and invested in
different shares to ensure nice income, I would then focus on development projects
in my ancestral lands to keep busy.

Retirement is boring man. I hope you do indeed stay busy with your projects.

I'm on a two week holiday at the moment and I'm going insane.

In what field are the younger and inexperienced ever preferred over the older and experienced? Job market might be horrible across the board, but that just means corporations will just low-ball the experienced and hardened veterans. In my field it's actually quite common to see people working into their 70s and 80s.

O/G, regular office jobs, etc. No one wants to manage someone who has more experience than them. Also, why pay someone with lots of experience when you can pay someone with the right amount for less?

Older people are only preferred in some areas of consulting and teaching

Q

Queen Carawelo

I'm going to retire when I get married inshallah. I will be in my white picket fence house. Planning brunch parties with my friends, sipping lemonade.

Zuleikha

Ha igu daalinee dantaada raac
I'm going to retire when I get married also. Been home and relaxing for 10 days this Christmas made me envy housewives.

That means housewives should have the house always spotless clean, food cooked on time and can never refuse sex with their husbands at any time.

S

Shamis

What do you women who stay at home expect to do? Watch soap operas all day?

Damn right! Why the fuvk not? Besides, cooking and cleaning isn't the issue. It's the destruction of romance implied by your logic. Sex is not a duty. It's something two people consent to with the desire for it every single time. Why do you care about two bum bandits consenting to sex but when it's straight people you're OK with duress?

Women's excuse to not having sex is because they are too tired.

They won't be tired when sitting on the couch all day eating.

Sex is a daily duty for housewives

S

Shamis

Two.consenting.adults.

If your wife is too tired for sex, maybe she's really tired. Or she doesn't want to have sex for another reason like maybe she doesn't feel like it and doesn't want to hurt your fragile feelings. If sex is not an act of romance I.e. an act of selfish desire, she'll always be too tired.

Status
Not open for further replies.