Federal Somali Politics

Status
Not open for further replies.
As a Somalilander, I know little about the Federal State Politics within Somalia (beside Puntland). Can anyone provide a good summary of the key issues?

SirLancelLord

Reformation of Somaliland
VIP
As a Somalilander, I know little about the Federal State Politics within Somalia (beside Puntland). Can anyone provide a good summary of the key issues?

Same it looks abou manic. You don't know who's in charge just Everyman claiming everything. In top of all developments in Mog only

SirLancelLord

Reformation of Somaliland
VIP
They need more training workshops like they have constantly on our end. Literally the last 10 years the EU has been finding decentralisation on Somaliland's civil service which is the best way for Somalia having a unitary rather than a federal with decentralisation

Even if you search online, it is difficult to find clear analysis of what is going on in the various states, and the desire to create new states. I had never even heard of Rahanweyn until I was an adult, and I have no idea what their priorities are.

Same it looks abou manic. You don't know who's in charge just Everyman claiming everything. In top of all developments in Mog only
What are you on about
:bell:
Developments are occurring throughout the country.Each head of a state gets money from Mogadishu who handles the tax revenue along with aid money.Puntland gets 92 million , galmudug another fund etc.Each state claims semi sovereignty with its tax affairs etc.The constitution will solidify the roles of states.

:bell:
Development is occurring rapidly throughout Somalia whether in puntland (bosaso port) , galmudug ( honour port) , hirshaballe(roads and government buildings) , jubaland is functional and the government has been visiting south west state a lot.Kismaayo is getting funding and is being visited by the Somali government .In south west state Baidoa and barawe are being focused on.

Even if you search online, it is difficult to find clear analysis of what is going on in the various states, and the desire to create new states. I had never even heard of Rahanweyn until I was an adult, and I have no idea what their priorities are.
Rahmanweyn is not even a proper clan it's just a loose collection which share an identity.What do you want to know about Somalia? Read the development plan released by the government to get a more accurate plan.Its on the site of the Somali ministry of planning led by my warsengali uncle.

Rahmanweyn is not even a proper clan it's just a loose collection which share an identity.What do you want to know about Somalia? Read the development plan released by the government to get a more accurate plan.Its on the site of the Somali ministry of planning led by my warsengali uncle.

I want to know who has what power in the Federal states, basically. Ministry of Planning is an important ministry, but what power does the central plan have in relation to the states?

I want to know who has what power in the Federal states, basically. Ministry of Planning is an important ministry, but what power does the central plan have in relation to the states?
The federal states leaders have power in their respective regions.The Federal government weilds significant influence over all states, the extent of both entities powers will be finalised in a writing of a new constitution.Ministry of planning works with all states to ensure projects are carried out effectively especially ones implemented by the government.

For instance the Hobyo port is being built under the guise of the galmudug state but the ministry of planning helps coordinate funding and smooth the cracks.

The federal states leaders have power in their respective regions.The Federal government weilds significant influence over all states, the extent of both entities powers will be finalised in a writing of a new constitution.Ministry of planning works with all states to ensure projects are carried out effectively especially ones implemented by the government.

For instance the Hobyo port is being built under the guise of the galmudug state but the ministry of planning helps coordinate funding and smooth the cracks.

I see. So the Federal states do not have the same kind of ministerial structure as the FGS? How is the budget of the FGS allocated across the states for these kind of coordination tasks? Sorry for asking a million questions, I am just curious in order to know how functionally independent the non Puntland states are so I have some point of reference. Also, how does the distribution of power work in the more diverse states, Jubaland e.g..

I see. So the Federal states do not have the same kind of ministerial structure as the FGS? How is the budget of the FGS allocated across the states for these kind of coordination tasks? Sorry for asking a million questions, I am just curious in order to know how functionally independent the non Puntland states are so I have some point of reference. Also, how does the distribution of power work in the more diverse states, Jubaland e.g..
It's a hit or miss.Each state has a quasi constitution which has parliaments.Think of each state as simply another somaliland without a quest for recognition.Other than puntland most other states are allocated minimal funds as there governments are often more corrupt and ineffective.With the recent unification of galmudug more funding should go to that state.Kismaayo , Hirshabelle , and SW state suffer from large insurgency and hence need to have a war before they can attempt at reformation.

Don't quote me on this but I think puntland takes aid and supplements it with its FGS funds.Redt of states make money only up to 10million or so from FGS.

Distribution of power is based on clan in all states.there are hegemonic entities which oppress marginalised groups like jubaland against jeraar.

The question I have is this, how can the FGS make sense of Federalism when only two states in that case demonstrate effective self-government? Do you think it would be possible for their to be a governmental structure where there are entities, like Bosnia, which is really two states and a third joint state? Would the southern regions accept an arrangement where Somaliland, Puntland and the FGS form a confederation, or does does Federal State demand a seat, even if their internal practices are repressive against marginalised groups and their politics are imposed from the top down?

The question I have is this, how can the FGS make sense of Federalism when only two states in that case demonstrate effective self-government? Do you think it would be possible for their to be a governmental structure where there are entities, like Bosnia, which is really two states and a third joint state? Would the southern regions accept an arrangement where Somaliland, Puntland and the FGS form a confederation, or does does Federal State demand a seat, even if their internal practices are repressive against marginalised groups and their politics are imposed from the top down?
That's what the constitution will explain, let's hope it can be formed.Galmudug will be the next state to begin functioning.FGS is always against decentralisation as it just has negative effects on the country through foreign interference.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending