Father made his daughter walk 5 miles to school for bullying

Status
Not open for further replies.

Emily

🥰🥰🥰
VIP

He made her walk in the cold:(
I don’t know if I would do this but sometimes kids need some tough love.

What do y’all think:hmm:

Marquis

Highly Respected
VIP
kkk the daughter must have had the smuggest expression when she said "Daddy you are gonna have to drive me to school" :pachah1:

I would do the same, bullying is unacceptable there are young children committing suicide because of it.

You have to teach your child from a young age certain things are a no go, and that there are consequences for certain behaviours.

Either you teach them or life will teach them in a harsh way.

Gibiin-Udug

Crowned Queen of Puntland. Supporter of PuntExit

As he should. If every parent treated their bully kids this way, there would be no bullying.

I applaud him.

Father of the year goes out to him!

Okay but what was the girl "bullying" someone for? And what was the "bullying" in practice?

I just think the word is very vague.

Anyways, I think he's being extreme.

I think I would just give her an hour long lecture. Or strike her (not on the face) if that's halal. I don't have kids so I'm not really familiar with how they're to be disciplined. Ahem....

If a child grows up disobedient and rebellious, then the parents must do more and try harder to guide him and make him righteous, by reminding him and advising him, showing patience towards him, praying for him, choosing good friends for him and choosing righteous acquaintances who can visit him, and advise him and befriend him.

His brothers, friends and neighbours should help his parents with that as much as they can.

See the answer to question no. 106443

But if the son becomes worse and the evil and trouble he causes increases, as mentioned in the question, and admonition and discipline do not succeed with him, then it is obligatory to denounce his evil by all possible means, by threatening to hit him or actually hitting him, or seeking the help of other men in the family against him, or taking the matter to the authorities, if it is not possible to stop his evil by any of the other means mentioned. His evil should not be taken lightly or be overlooked; rather it should be stopped before it goes further and causes greater harm.

https://islamqa.info/en/answers/210875/how-should-the-family-deal-with-a-disobedient-son

wow so I might actually have to hit my child if I have a kid... I wouldn't want to insha'Allah but.... it is what it is....

anyways, why doesn't he just hit her like a normal person?

his approach is weird.... but maybe he lives somewhere where hitting her isn't allowed... maybe he knows he can go jail if he hits her and he's actually a very clever Muslim

Mercury

Ha igu daalinee dantaada raac
VIP
No matter what people think of this punishment That dad in my opinion is a great dad bullying isn’t something a child should do you never know what the other kid is going through

Your child’s behavior is your responsibility

Mercury

Ha igu daalinee dantaada raac
VIP
Okay but what was the girl "bullying" someone for? And what was the "bullying" in practice?

I think I would just give her an hour long lecture. Or strike her (not on the face) if that's halal. I don't have kids so I'm not really familiar with how they're to be disciplined. Ahem....

If a child grows up disobedient and rebellious, then the parents must do more and try harder to guide him and make him righteous, by reminding him and advising him, showing patience towards him, praying for him, choosing good friends for him and choosing righteous acquaintances who can visit him, and advise him and befriend him.

His brothers, friends and neighbours should help his parents with that as much as they can.

But if the son becomes worse and the evil and trouble he causes increases, as mentioned in the question, and admonition and discipline do not succeed with him, then it is obligatory to denounce his evil by all possible means, by threatening to hit him or actually hitting him, or seeking the help of other men in the family against him, or taking the matter to the authorities, if it is not possible to stop his evil by any of the other means mentioned. His evil should not be taken lightly or be overlooked; rather it should be stopped before it goes further and causes greater harm.

https://islamqa.info/en/answers/210875/how-should-the-family-deal-with-a-disobedient-son

wow so I might actually have to hit my child if I have a kid... I wouldn't want to insha'Allah but.... it is what it is....

his approach is weird.... but maybe he lives somewhere where hitting her isn't allowed... maybe he knows he can go jail if he hits her and he's actually a very clever Muslim

This isn’t extreme he’s not her friend he’s her parent and that punishment is a better lesson than striking her or giving a lecture

I doubt she will bully again

Samira

Illuminated Xalimo
What a stupid worm. Oversocializing your child so that they think all bullying is bad. Teach them the right kind of hatred instead. In workplace politics it is those who can most ably bully others in a "socially acceptable" way, those who grasp power dynamics and authority, those who know the use of strategic remorse who go the furthest. All he has done is set up his daughter to be bullied by someone savvier

The whole world is your playground, so get your lunch money before recess ends!

VixR

Veritas
I agree with the discipline, but I disagree with the filming of it.

And I also think there should be more emphasis on giving bullied kids the tools of self-defense and self-assurance, because maybe we can protect them from 10 year olds, but life will screw them.

You can discipline him however you want but its best not to strike them in the face.
From experience if you teach kids what is right and wrong and respect them as grown ups
Also befreind them they tend to be good.

I think it's very important that parents discipline their children and instill morals and values. Bullying is horendous, therefore her father is dealing with the situation properly.

Hitting children isn't really a form of discipline as it's usually done out of anger and frustration. You're not really teaching your child a lesson. The only thing you are showing them is how upset they made you feel and that lashing out is an appropriate response. It is important you show them why it is wrong and that actions have consequences.

People love to pretend kids are smart and can analyse things. But most kids were like me. If I know you are all talk....i aint gonna fear you. Only thing I would fear is a beating. So a kid should always feel the option of a beating is a reality

Emily

🥰🥰🥰
VIP
Kids should be held accountable for their actions. The way they treat people says a lot about their parents. I am more of the lecturing type but kids don’t listen they get easily bored with long ass lectures.

Emily

🥰🥰🥰
VIP
People love to pretend kids are smart and can analyse things. But most kids were like me. If I know you are all talk....i aint gonna fear you. Only thing I would fear is a beating. So a kid should always feel the option of a beating is a reality

tumblr_op5o5ci7qN1vrpazoo2_400.gif

I think it's very important that parents discipline their children and instill morals and values. Bullying is horendous, therefore her father is dealing with the situation properly.

Hitting children isn't really a form of discipline as it's usually done out of anger and frustration. You're not really teaching your child a lesson. The only thing you are showing them is how upset they made you feel and that lashing out is an appropriate response. It is important you show them why it is wrong and that actions have consequences.
Well the judicial system should start lecturing people then.
People fear the consequences just as kids do

Growing up I had cousins who would get beaten, but would still end up doing the same thing the next day. It just didn't work on them.

I now believe that the reason this was the case was because they didn't fully understand why mum/ dad was beating them. Parents where too angry to stop and explain why such an action is unacceptable in a calm manner. When you are in that state of mind you cannot get the message across to your children.

Jake from State Farm

We pro xalimo all 2019
kkk the daughter must have had the smuggest expression when she said "Daddy you are gonna have to drive me to school" :pachah1:

I’m not sure if I wouldn’t hit my kid. But punishments like this would seem pretty suitable. Especially if they were being a bully.

Highkey I would try to convince my wife to be the one that hits our children.

Growing up I had cousins who would get beaten, but would still end up doing the same thing the next day. It just didn't work on them.

I now believe that the reason this was the case was because they didn't fully understand why mum/ dad was beating them. Parents where too angry to stop and explain why such an action is unacceptable in a calm manner. When you are in that state of mind you cannot get the message across to your children.

You cant explain things to every kid. Thats my point....some people are just waste of space. They are fvckups. The beating install fear not to do everything until they get older. I still believe a kid that gets beat up do less messed up things than he would do if he wasnt beat up. This whole talk to your child is too white for me. There is time for everything. Sometimes you just have to let the hands go

Well the judicial system should start lecturing people then.
People fear the consequences just as kids do

People are not hit in prison are they? Unless they are being beaten up by inmates.

You take something they like away from them for a brief period of time, or make them do something they dislike.

Example: if a child writes on the wall, give them a sponge and make them wash it, even if it takes hours. Hitting them doesn't send the message across as it doesn't last long and after they cry a bit they get on with their day, without facing any real consequences of their actions.

Example, if you are taking the kids to the park, the child that's naughty stays home with dad and does extra homework. Firmly tell the child why they are being punished and that they can only avoid this punishment next time if they don't engage in that sort of behaviour. That is much more likely to have a lasting impact than hitting them in anger.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending

Latest posts