Fast-twitch vs. slow-twitch muscle fiber types

Asc,

I've been training for a little over a year now, and I'm getting good results. However, now I notice that I just don't build up any more despite the calorie surplus.
I also take the usual Gymbro stuff. Creatine, proteins, rice chicken and all that stuff. Vitamin D3, zinc, magnesium and so on.

My training routine is PPL, I also increase with the weight from day to day.

At the moment I'm only gaining weight around my stomach. But no more on the arms, especially the bicep.
I don't understand the whole thing, when I see my father or my uncle (mothers side), they all look relatively well built. Only I don't lol

Now I wanted to ask you, is it something to do with the slow-twitch or is it genetics? In East Africa it is known that for marathons. Maybe some ppl on here have more knowledge.

Next I plan to take blood to see if I have any deficiencies. A bit frustrating.

Last edited:
و عَلَيْكُم السلام وَرَحْمَةُ اَللهِ وَبَرَكاتُهُ‎

I would say try to get extra volume for arms. You could choose to do isolation exercises in the beginning or in the end of your workouts. Pick an exercise for bicep tricep shoulder and be consistent. Things like 5 by 5 PPL Upper Lower are great and definitely the best of your starting. I do Upper Lower, but one of the negatives is back and chest and quads maybe blowup. But you may lag behind on things like arms and calves. So if arms important. Try to work it as frequently as possible. You can even do it on off days but maybe not go to failure. Don’t expect your arms to grow exercising them once or twice or just doing compound movements add in Isolations pick one exercise and progress on it.

Try to have protein, get extra sleep. Nothing wrong with gaining a bit fat. As long as your getting stronger consistently over time. It’s much easier to lose fat then build muscle. I’m trying to Lena bulk for another good 6 months and then cut.

Genetics I feel is overrated. I used to be what you call a hard gainer but the truth is just didn’t eat enough. InshaAllah you got this, Ofcourse make Dua to Allah to assist in your gains 😎

Hilmaam

Sound mind sound body
VIP
Are you doing a lot of cardio like running soccer, and football these things burn a lot of calories especially when you are young and have fast metabolism. Calories will dictate at end of day if you will lose or gain weight use app to track it. And Apple Watch when you excercise to calculate burn

another thing is doing fewer reps with more weights. This helps with gaining mass

World

VIP
If you are gaining fat and not muscle, maybe you’re not pushing yourself hard enough in the gym or doing enough volume. You need to reaching failure or close to failure each set. And your diet may not be on point 100 %, maybe you’re not eating enough protein. Also, have you taken measurements from your waist and your arms because it could all be in your head. Lastly you might be gaining weight too fast.

It is genetics. 1000 years of living in harsh arid climates surviving on a diet of camel milk whilst spending the days travelling through the terrain for scarce resources isn’t going to be reversed by the modern gym routine that other ethnic groups have an easier time succeeding in. There is a reason why when our men gain fat, they are pudgy and why when other races gain fat they fill out well and have bulk/muscle naturally. We were meant to be very very lean. It takes 1000-5000 years of pressured adaptations for changes in demographics.

و عَلَيْكُم السلام وَرَحْمَةُ اَللهِ وَبَرَكاتُهُ‎

I would say try to get extra volume for arms. You could choose to do isolation exercises in the beginning or in the end of your workouts. Pick an exercise for bicep tricep shoulder and be consistent. Things like 5 by 5 PPL Upper Lower are great and definitely the best of your starting. I do Upper Lower, but one of the negatives is back and chest and quads maybe blowup. But you may lag behind on things like arms and calves. So if arms important. Try to work it as frequently as possible. You can even do it on off days but maybe not go to failure. Don’t expect your arms to grow exercising them once or twice or just doing compound movements add in Isolations pick one exercise and progress on it.

Try to have protein, get extra sleep. Nothing wrong with gaining a bit fat. As long as your getting stronger consistently over time. It’s much easier to lose fat then build muscle. I’m trying to Lena bulk for another good 6 months and then cut.

Genetics I feel is overrated. I used to be what you call a hard gainer but the truth is just didn’t eat enough. InshaAllah you got this, Ofcourse make Dua to Allah to assist in your gains 😎
Thank you for the answer brother!

My body fat %%% keeps going up, but no real progress on arms. It sucks, legs and shoulders looking amazing. but my bicep is looking weak...

I do more than 2 exercises for each muscle group, as well I am consistently going to gym. 4-5x a week.

But ill take notes, thank you!

Are you doing a lot of cardio like running soccer, and football these things burn a lot of calories especially when you are young and have fast metabolism. Calories will dictate at end of day if you will lose or gain weight use app to track it. And Apple Watch when you excercise to calculate burn

another thing is doing fewer reps with more weights. This helps with gaining mass
I dont do any cardio, expect walking :D

If you are gaining fat and not muscle, maybe you’re not pushing yourself hard enough in the gym or doing enough volume. You need to reaching failure or close to failure each set. And your diet may not be on point 100 %, maybe you’re not eating enough protein. Also, have you taken measurements from your waist and your arms because it could all be in your head. Lastly you might be gaining weight too fast.
I am eating/drinking enough proteins sxb, as well I am in a little surplus. 200cl. Also I am taking the typical supplements.
No I did not took any measurements, but I will in future! Thank you for that.

It is genetics. 1000 years of living in harsh arid climates surviving on a diet of camel milk whilst spending the days travelling through the terrain for scarce resources isn’t going to be reversed by the modern gym routine that other ethnic groups have an easier time succeeding in. There is a reason why when our men gain fat, they are pudgy and why when other races gain fat they fill out well and have bulk/muscle naturally. We were meant to be very very lean. It takes 1000-5000 years of pressured adaptations for changes in demographics.
The Arabs were like us, except that they began to marry and mingle with the Persians, Egyptians and Caucasians. Then their muscular structure and the color of their skin changed.Somalis should have understood eugenics, but they didn't

@Ogadenia99 No worries bro. Your question actually made me think and look at my workout routine.

I’ve started my arm isolation exercises before my compound exercises for before lower and upper workouts as well as a third day with more arm exercises and exercises for other parts of my body.

Watch videos on torso dominance by YouTuber called Alpha destiny, also natural hypertrophy and Geoffrey Verity scholfield have good videos on getting big arms for natural lifters and mindset approaching your natural weak points.

The Arabs were like us, except that they began to marry and mingle with the Persians, Egyptians and Caucasians. Then their muscular structure and the color of their skin changed.Somalis should have understood eugenics, but they didn't
Facts bro. We kept it in-house. Which has some benefit but more negatives. Another race that practiced inbreeding is the Indian subcontinent…and look how bad their muscle genetics are

Thank you for the answer brother!

My body fat %%% keeps going up, but no real progress on arms. It sucks, legs and shoulders looking amazing. but my bicep is looking weak...

I do more than 2 exercises for each muscle group, as well I am consistently going to gym. 4-5x a week.

But ill take notes, thank you!

I dont do any cardio, expect walking :D

I am eating/drinking enough proteins sxb, as well I am in a little surplus. 200cl. Also I am taking the typical supplements.
No I did not took any measurements, but I will in future! Thank you for that.
Seriously take measurements and pictures, either something isn't dialed in or u gotta get checked out. Gaining visible fat on a 200cal surplus is pretty abnormal. I would properly measure your calories again and increase the cardio. If nothing changes then get checked out.

@Ogadenia99 No worries bro. Your question actually made me think and look at my workout routine.

I’ve started my arm isolation exercises before my compound exercises for before lower and upper workouts as well as a third day with more arm exercises and exercises for other parts of my body.

Watch videos on torso dominance by YouTuber called Alpha destiny, also natural hypertrophy and Geoffrey Verity scholfield have good videos on getting big arms for natural lifters and mindset approaching your natural weak points.
I will check them out! Thanks for the recommendation
Seriously take measurements and pictures, either something isn't dialed in or u gotta get checked out. Gaining visible fat on a 200cal surplus is pretty abnormal. I would properly measure your calories again and increase the cardio. If nothing changes then get checked out.
I took pictures in august 2021 and compared it to October 2022, there aren't huge differences. But I improved in lifting weights
My sleep is fucked, since I have insomnia. Sometimes I just wake up after 6/7h of sleep

After some research I read about low testosterone. Next step is do some blood work :D
I have some symptoms, but don't know

Asc,

I've been training for a little over a year now, and I'm getting good results. However, now I notice that I just don't build up any more despite the calorie surplus.
First of all congratulations on your efforts and your will to change.

You fell for the industry bs that it’s all about calories. When in reality it’s all about hormones, I mean why do actors use ped’s to build super hero bodies. Is it because of the caloric improvements or hormonal improvements.
I also take the usual Gymbro stuff. Creatine, proteins, rice chicken and all that stuff. Vitamin D3, zinc, magnesium and so on.
This is the system most actors use to build they’re bodies, after being enhanced hormonally. If you’re just some average guy who has a hard time gaining muscle, this advice will never work for you. But it works for the juice heads, because their bodies are enhanced, and their protein conversion abilities are almost perfect. Where yours is meh at best.
As a natural you should avoid all supplements and strictly eat a farm boy diet.

My training routine is PPL, I also increase with the weight from day to day.
When you’re chemically enhanced training daily is optimal, because you’re recovery is on superhuman levels. But when your natural your body builds in the recovery phase, and not the actually training period.

At the moment I'm only gaining weight around my stomach. But no more on the arms, especially the bicep.
This is because you over stimulated the hormone insulin.it’s anabolic and helps you build muscle if used properly. But if it gets over stimulated, you get what’s called the spill over effect. Where your body goes into fat storage mode.
I don't understand the whole thing, when I see my father or my uncle (mothers side), they all look relatively well built. Only I don't lol
your elders were eating natural foods,
Not over hyped and over processed, products and synthetic minerals & vitamins. Man made vs God made.
Now I wanted to ask you, is it something to do with the slow-twitch or is it genetics? In East Africa it is known that for marathons. Maybe some ppl on here have more knowledge.

Next I plan to take blood to see if I have any deficiencies. A bit frustrating.
It’s all about a protein in the body called myostatin, that limits fast twitch muscle growth.

ped’s inhibit this protein not efficiently and with bad side effects,users do gain muscle with less effort.

There are people born with myostatin deficiencies.

Jæreer in general have less myostatin than us due to their labor intensive farmer lifestyle, compare to us nomads that trek for weeks and months on end. In harsh environments where fast twitch muscle is a liability.

That being said you can alter your body to do just about anything if you have the right info, and the industry makes money through lies.

if enough people want the secret to Muscle growth, I will make a thread about it, if not nice thread and good luck.

Last edited:

You fell for the industry bs that it’s all about calories. When in reality it’s all about hormones, I mean why do actors use ped’s to build super hero bodies. Is it because of the caloric improvements or hormonal improvements.

This is the system most actors use to build they’re bodies, after being enhanced hormonally. If you’re just some average guy who has a hard time gaining muscle, this advice will never work for you. But it works for the juice heads, because their bodies are enhanced, and their protein conversion abilities are almost perfect. Where yours is meh at best.

When you’re chemically enhanced training daily is optimal, because you’re recovery is on superhuman levels. But when your natural your body builds in the recovery phase, and not the actually training period.

This is because you over stimulated the hormone insulin.it’s anabolic and helps you build muscle if used properly. But if it gets over stimulated, you get what’s called the spill over effect. Where your body goes into fat storage mode.

your elders were eating natural foods,
Not over hyped and over processed, products and synthetic minerals & vitamins. Man made vs God made.

It’s all about a protein in the body called myostatin, that limits fast twitch muscle growth.

ped’s inhibit this protein not efficiently and with bad side effects,users do gain muscle with less effort.

There are people born with myostatin deficiencies.

Jæreer in general have less myostatin than us due to their labor intensive farmer lifestyle, compare to us nomads that trek for weeks and months on end. In harsh environments where fast twitch muscle is a liability.

That being said you can alter your body to do just about anything if you have the right info, and the industry makes money through lies.

if enough people want the secret to Muscle growth, I will make a thread about it, if not nice thread and good luck.
I been said this but would love to hear more about what you’ve learned saxib. Besides natural foods and working out and good sleep, I didn’t believe we could ever ‘max out due to our genetics. And I’m happy with being lean and toned, I do martial arts and running so appreciate having an agile and flexible body.

Aad baad u mahadsantahay walaal!
I wanted to check my hormones, since I have a few symptoms of low T. I will keep this post updated in sha Allah. Yes I watched yesterday a few videos of a guy called: "moreplatesmoredates" he explained it pretty good

I am already eating a lot of chicken, fish and more. I try to get as much as possible proteins via meals. If I have no time to cock I have to take a protein shake.
The videos Ive watched, are all about actors/professional Athletes taking PEDs

Is it called Over-training? Bc sometimes I can't go to the gym for a week or two and I feel super weak. But if I go consistently I feel good. and take up to 2 days off if I feel shit.

What would you recommend to check at the lab? Insulin, androgenic status (SHBG, Test, LH, FSH and free test?)
I would highly appreciate that, so we can take some notes :D

Thank you!

I been said this but would love to hear more about what you’ve learned saxib. Besides natural foods and working out and good sleep, I didn’t believe we could ever ‘max out due to our genetics. And I’m happy with being lean and toned, I do martial arts and running so appreciate having an agile and flexible body.
As some one who does martial arts being too muscular makes you slow, stiff and fatigue faster. But of course that doesn’t mean, you can’t put on more muscle strategically. To make your look a little extra spicy for the wifey lol.
Aad baad u mahadsantahay walaal!
I wanted to check my hormones, since I have a few symptoms of low T. I will keep this post updated in sha Allah. Yes I watched yesterday a few videos of a guy called: "moreplatesmoredates" he explained it pretty good
Adigaa mudan, moreplatesmoredates is a solid dude with a lot of great advice. I enjoy his expose on fake nattys.

But even he had to use juice to get his gains a fact he doesn’t hide, which is why I respect him . I take my ideas from people who did it legit and look like they juiced. You’ll see when i make the thread insha Allah.
I am already eating a lot of chicken, fish and more. I try to get as much as possible proteins via meals. If I have no time to cock I have to take a protein shake.
The videos Ive watched, are all about actors/professional Athletes taking PEDs
the ideal meat for building muscle has always been red meat, before the take over of bro science.

Is it called Over-training? Bc sometimes I can't go to the gym for a week or two and I feel super weak. But if I go consistently I feel good. and take up to 2 days off if I feel shit.
the nerves system of a natty, needs minimum 24 hours to recover, a juice head recovers in hours.

What would you recommend to check at the lab? Insulin, androgenic status (SHBG, Test, LH, FSH and free test?)

I would highly appreciate that, so we can take some notes :D

Thank you!
I would check thyroid function, vitamin d content.

I got you brothers, I will make the thread insha Allah.

Last edited:
But even he had to use juice to get his gains a fact he doesn’t hide, which is why I respect him . I take my ideas from people who did it legit and look like they juiced. You’ll see when i make the thread insha Allah.
I really like his content, Ive watched a lot of vids the last couple days. His shoulders are insane

the ideal meat for building muscle has always been red meat, before the take over of bro science.
I eat a lot of beef and chicken to every meal, I never go the Kebabshop or something like that. I know they have bad meat.
In sha allah sxb
the nerves system of a natty, needs minimum 24 hours to recover, a juice head recovers in hours.
I let my muscles recover, with Magnesium and zinc. I hope that's a good start
I would check thyroid function, vitamin d content.
Been taking Vitamin D and K2 for a good year, but definitely going to check that out as well!
I got you brothers, I will make the thread insha Allah.
I am looking forward! In sha Allah

JohnCena

PROFESSIONAL SHITPOSTER
Its not about genetics, you're either not counting your calories and are not in a surplus or you're not achieving progressive overload(lifting heavier and getting stronger).

Switch to full body 2-3x a week and watch your gains go through the roof(assuming you're counting cals).

Trending

Latest posts