Somaliland Farming and Food Production

I love bariis or baasto with dooro, not many Somalis know about it but it's better than goat :dzmxmmb:

Chicken is the future. Way to go Hargeisa!

Fish is the future, the chicken need more grains to feed them unlike the fish. We should start fish & chips fast food in Somalia instead of KFC chicken. These type of farms are for the restaurants (KFC style) the regular families have their chickens at backyard (for eggs only)

Last edited:
Fish is the future, the chicken need more grains to feed them unlike the fish. We should start fish & chips fast food in Somalia instead of KFC chicken. This type of farms are for the restaurants (KFC style) the regular family have their chickens at backyard (for eggs only)
I agree fish should be the future. Seafood as well. More healthier and stengthens the local economy.

Fish is the future, the chicken need more grains to feed them unlike the fish. We should start fish & chips fast food in Somalia instead of KFC chicken. This type of farms are for the restaurants (KFC style) the regular family have their chickens at backyard (for eggs only)

I love fish too, I also grew up having it with baris, baasto, muufo iyo sabaayad. Chicken need grains but they're better for our soil than goats and cows. But fish is going to change our economy too.

Reer-Bari

COMMANDER OF THE PUNTLAND DEFENCE TEAM
Thats amazing. I love to see this type of stories. I always wondered why somalis dont grow cucumbers. Cucumbers grow extremely fast and can grow in arid and desert like environment. Las vegas grows a lot of cucumbers. And vegas is a desert. Im gona buy a ph tester before my next trip home and do some research on soil inshalah

Hemaal

Jet life till my next life
VIP
Thats amazing. I love to see this type of stories. I always wondered why somalis dont grow cucumbers. Cucumbers grow extremely fast and can grow in arid and desert like environment. Las vegas grows a lot of cucumbers. And vegas is a desert. Im gona buy a ph tester before my next trip home and do some research on soil inshalah

It does grow in Somalia. It also grows in hargeisa but Somalis don't use it much. So the market is limited.

I wish to see nutritional diet programs on Somali TV's instead of the constant toxic reer hebel and fkd.

It grows as wild plants and donkeys used to eat in SSC region.

waraabe

Your superior
SBI already has a huge state of the art factory in hargeisa that makes beverages

Great successful family who have a string of companies in Djibouti and Somaliland