Family Planning

Is less children better?

• Total voters
Less children is better for Somali families, period. Many of my friends come from families of 5+ kids and can't stand the qeylo and disorganisation. Its also a sign of low IQ (inability to control your natural urges to reproduce like crazy). Children from large families tend to have attention seeking/delinquent behaviour due to having to compete for their parents affection and attention. They also have to split resources and deal with sibling rivalry. I'm glad to see attitudes are changing very quickly and young Somalis are saying no to daqan rabbit. What is your opinion about this underrated issue affecting our communities?

SOULSEARCHING

Hakuna matata
VIP
Less children is better for Somali families, period. Many of my friends come from families of 5+ kids and can't stand the qeylo and disorganisation. Its also a sign of low IQ (inability to control your natural urges to reproduce like crazy). Children from large families tend to have attention seeking/delinquent behaviour due to having to compete for their parents affection and attention. They also have to split resources and deal with sibling rivalry. I'm glad to see attitudes are changing very quickly and young Somalis are saying no to daqan rabbit. What is your opinion about this underrated issue affecting our communities?
I want to have 8 kids sis, I know a family of 10 and all the children are successful, they are in the medical field, and one is a engineer and they did not come from a perfect family. Father was mentally unwell and mum was the one rasing her kids, and caring for her husband.

I want to have 8 kids sis, I know a family of 10 and all the children are successful, they are in the medical field, and one is a engineer and they did not come from a perfect family. Father was mentally unwell and mum was the one rasing her kids, and caring for her husband.
It will be very hard, do you really want that kind of stress? Its super expensive to even raise 1 properly in the west and give them all the attention they individually need (not just the basics like food, shelter, etc.), and will mess them up mentally one way or another

Lebron James

4 Time NBA Champion
VIP
Somalis that immigrated to the West shouldn't be what you base your opinion on this topic off of. They came and have 5-8 kids while they were broke, struggling and stressed mostly living in low income housing. Most of these people never thought it out and prepared for the cost and sacrifice it would take to raise those kids properly. Also their attitudes are much different than western parents when it comes to attention in big households and how to raise up kids the western way. Most still try to use the somali tactics when it just doesn't work in the country theyre in. Take a look at south asian families they perfected this type of stuff, successful families of like 6-8 niggas

You won't see have of these problems if you start out your career, upgrade in ranks at your job, stack your bread, get a mortgage on house, then find a spouse to start a family. Both parents working successful jobs bringing in income for the childrens uni fees in the future and amount of cost to raise them. Have 1 child every year and a half. Take a developmental psychology course aswell that teaches you the upbringing from a child 1 year all the way till a teen and how to perfect it.

Somalis that immigrated to the West shouldn't be what you base your opinion on this topic off of. They came and have 5-8 kids while they were broke, struggling and stressed mostly living in low income housing. Most of these people never thought it out and prepared for the cost and sacrifice it would take to raise those kids properly. Also their attitudes are much different than western parents when it comes to attention in big households and how to raise up kids the western way. Most still try to use the somali tactics when it just doesn't work in the country theyre in. Take a look at south asian families they perfected this type of stuff, successful families of like 6-8 niggas

You won't see have of these problems if you start out your career, upgrade in ranks at your job, stack your bread, get a mortgage on house, then find a spouse to start a family. Both parents working successful jobs bringing in income for the childrens uni fees in the future and amount of cost to raise them. Have 1 child every year and a half. Take a developmental psychology course aswell that teaches you the upbringing from a child 1 year all the way till a teen and how to perfect it.
Are u planning to marry at 35, as soon as u start your career u should get married imo. All that other shit is not necessary from the jump most parents I know say energy is the most important thing.

Periplus

It is what it is
VIP
Golden rule for second-gen Somalis.

Don't get married until you have enough money to put down a house deposit or have already done so.

Golden rule for second-gen Somalis.

Don't get married until you have enough money to put down a house deposit or have already done so.
While you have 2 kids that will turn 18 when ur in your mid 50s us laandheers will have 8 children while the government pays our bills.

It's all about having a financially secure life for your kids.
Its a joke laakin I dont believe owning a house is the threshold for children its unattainable for many and u will be like those cadaans that finally have kids near 40 and are elderly when thier kids graduate college.

SOULSEARCHING

Hakuna matata
VIP
It will be very hard, do you really want that kind of stress? Its super expensive to even raise 1 properly in the west and give them all the attention they individually need (not just the basics like food, shelter, etc.), and will mess them up mentally one way or another
I believe in the qadar of Allah and thats why I am working hard now to be financially ready for my future offsprings.

Even though i got no kids, I think its overrated to over plan when i comes to kids. I would hate to have 1 kid and he becomes waste of space. I think when you get older having large family is huge advantage in life and my parents who had 6 kids are well set now for life as they have 6 people they can count on.

Thugnificent

Father, lover, scholar, landheer
I hope to have 4 kids. Every somali in the west should have 3+ kids. If you live in yurop you even get money for kids. Here in the Netherlands you get 80 euros per month per kid to help raise them. Everyone is eligible. It doesn't matter how much you earn.

I agree and disagree, I have a large family and we are doing fine, you just need very smart and flexible parents and a bit of luck, if not, I’ll recommend 0-1 children.

The less children the better. I know a Somali women who had 11 children... Some of her children are gang members and the dad isn’t even around. When you have less children you can focus on them and make sure they don’t join gangs.

If you have the financial means/energy and a solid 2 parent marriage, and you want a bigger family, by all means go for it.
If u can’t support them properly and teach them deen aswell, don’t bother
Anything more than 4/5 children is very challenging

The less children the better. I know a Somali women who had 11 children... Some of her children are gang members and the dad isn’t even around. When you have less children you can focus on them and make sure they don’t join gangs.
Id you can afford it more children is the best. But they could also ruin your life.

Trending