Family beef

So my mom doesn’t talk to her youngest brother and wants me to stop communicating with him. They had a falling out he never verbally disrespected her but he gave her the silent treatment. I grew up close with my uncle he was like a older brother to me and was always there for me when I needed him. He’s an important person to me in my life but my mom basically said I was being disloyal for still communicating with him. Today she basically said if I kept talking to him I’ll be dead to her. This situation really sucks

Lebron James

4 Time NBA Champion
VIP
Talk to him but in a lowkey matter, islamically your mom is in the wrong because its very wrong to cut of kinship.

Have conversations with him but come to a mutual agreement not to tell anybody else that you guys communicate. Your mom prolly just angry for a little while tho, mothers always come back around for their kid.

Demand that they tell you exactly what happened.

.. Personally this wouldn't even be an issue for me; call me a mama's boy, but if she told me that God was in the wrong, I'd believe her.

Me

once-again-you-have-judged-correctly-eddie-murphy.gif

keep it on the low and say ok I wont talk to him. But obviously talk to him if you see him. Thats what I would do....just say cool i wont

I hate when parents involve their children in family drama, it messes them up. honestly try to keep your relationship with your uncle but make it low-key and don't tell her anything about it. however, try to solve the issue or bring someone respectful in your family and let him/her to talk your mum.

Yahya

2020 GRANDMASTER
VIP
Just don't get involved and speak to him in secret. These family disputes sort themselves out eventually, but if you take sides they will hold grudges trust me.

Basra

LOVE is a product of Doqoniimo mixed with lust
Let Them Eat Cake
VIP
So my mom doesn’t talk to her youngest brother and wants me to stop communicating with him. They had a falling out he never verbally disrespected her but he gave her the silent treatment. I grew up close with my uncle he was like a older brother to me and was always there for me when I needed him. He’s an important person to me in my life but my mom basically said I was being disloyal for still communicating with him. Today she basically said if I kept talking to him I’ll be dead to her. This situation really sucks

There comes a point in a man's life when he needs to divorce himself from the clutches of his mother. You have to grow into adulthood. You are no longer that child who sees his mother like the star of his universe. ITs time for you to be the star, and your mom to step back in the back ground.

Do not tell her anything about your conversations or meeting with your uncle. Make it separate, respect the current situation.

Have a relationship with your uncle secretly, i know it is hard, there are always spies reporting back to your mom, but at least from your mouth, never share anything about you and your uncle.

It seems like your uncle is a good person slash relative good role model. Treasure it.

Basra, you gave me a thumbs down

IMG_7110.GIF

I was joking and this is why I said that he should ask his mother and uncle exactly why they're not on speaking terms.

Last edited: