FAME degrees

Which is best

• Total voters
Why those 2 specifically?
If you can find a program that combines both accounting and finance thats great option! They’re more concentrated programs than Econ. They both open doors and more options than Econ. Finance is more math oriented, accounting not so much and you have the option to go into either field.

Economics is more broad, less math and probably one of the easier degrees in college. You probably not gonna find an Econ job straight from college but something related unless you go to graduate school. Also all these depends on your country, I’m the referencing American market here.

Bussiness management I don’t know much about it really, I think it leads to management or MBA...not sure. I’d say do more research.

Last edited:

Mozart

You need people like me
Any course at a top uni will get you into investment banking. Econ or stem makes it easier to do a masters if necessary and that’s what I’d advise you to do.

Just make sure you end up at a target or semi-target university. Oxbridge/Lse/Ucl/Imperial/Warwick/Durham/Bristol etc. Even if it means taking a gap year pre uni and getting into a better uni post your Year 13 results, do it because uni name is incredibly important for banking.

Mozart

You need people like me
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Read the examiner reports for every paper twice because they tell you how they aim to make students slip up. Then go back to the marking scheme and compare them with your answers and you’ll understand where you messed up.

Learn things from first principles and understand how it all links together rather than memorising things. Use the active recall technique (Search Ali Abdaal active recall on YouTube). Also don’t waste all of your summer, instead try to get ahead in Chemistry.

Finance jobs are becoming more techy, people now use machine learning, high frequent trading to do automated trading. Most pay from finance come from bonus which is linked to performance. You should look into Quantitive reasercher. Most finance jobs are highly competitive and you work more hours so that the catch.

There is a whole community website:

Some of my friends who work in investment banking at big firms did straight maths at top unis. So that can be an option as well I guess?

Accounting and finance is a bit niche imo. Try go for a degree that you can derive many skills from which will give you the ability to apply to more jobs.

Trending

Latest posts