Faarax Maxamed Cawl- Somali writer.

I’ve come across one of the works of Faarax Cawl, a somali writer. He was known for being the first somali novelist to use the Latin script after it was introduced in 1972. His work i’ve come across is called Garbaduubkii Gumeysiga (the shackles of colonialism)
5847CBF9-4AB6-4133-9A7B-01C6E8BF5314.jpeg

E75DA45A-45CD-43EE-8A1E-5D5E58C8D41E.jpeg

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Cawl was reportedly killed in 1991 in Beledweyne after the outbreak of the war due to his clan.

Adaawe

Xoog iyo Xiniyo #NGM enforcer
I’ve come across one of the works of Faarax Cawl, a somali writer. He was known for being the first somali novelist to use the Latin script after it was introduced in 1972. His work i’ve come across is called Garbaduubkii Gumeysiga (the shackles of colonialism)
View attachment 117283
View attachment 117284

Cawl was reportedly killed in 1991 in Beledweyne after the outbreak of the war due to his clan.

Good find

:yousmart:

View attachment 117283
View attachment 117284

He was warsangali
Also 3 of his sons where killed at the same time

Trending