executive dysfunction in horners

first of all im beja and a lot of them are very malnourished and kinda ADHD and need like 5 cups of coffee to do anything.

i always notice that im unable to form healthy habits or any habits for that matter and that im unable to iniciate any task that requires some power to do weather that i like the task or not.

recently i tried drinking 6 whole eggs raw every day and i noticed that my brain fog is gone and i have a lot more energy to do stuff but no effect on executive function.

is that an issue for somalis too???? im curious.

I think that executive dysfunction ADD/ ADHD is a byproduct of lifestyle moreso than anything, we have become so used to dopamine induced tasks that boring and mundane tasks do not give our brain the satisfaction that it desires, the whole 'If I do this, then I will receive so and so feel good chemicals', to your brain there is no true incentive to do anything if it isn't pleasurable. Read some books by Russel Barkley for more explanations. For a lot of us men, a lot of our dopamine mechanisms are by in large determined by our sexual orgasms, a lot of men consume ography, it is by no surprise that executive dysfunction is so rampant. Psychoanalyse your daily behaviours. Good luck! The medication route is definitely something viable too

Last edited:
There’s supposed to be a study done on some horner adjacent nomadic group that said they had higher traits of adhd or something

Last edited:

NidarNidar

Punisher
Not just us, but all of western Asia and North Africa, we have the highest levels of certain SNP called RS4680 (GG VERSION) we tend to have higher levels of COMT protein, lower dopamine levels in prefrontal cortex, resulting in the following.

1708209572835.png

NidarNidar

Punisher
first of all im beja and a lot of them are very malnourished and kinda ADHD and need like 5 cups of coffee to do anything.

i always notice that im unable to form healthy habits or any habits for that matter and that im unable to iniciate any task that requires some power to do weather that i like the task or not.

recently i tried drinking 6 whole eggs raw every day and i noticed that my brain fog is gone and i have a lot more energy to do stuff but no effect on executive function.

is that an issue for somalis too???? im curious.
Eggs are high in tyrosine which is essential in making several important brain chemicals called neurotransmitters, including epinephrine, norepinephrine, and dopamine.

Try eating more protein and cut off highly processed carbs, eating highly processed and sugary foods leads to cravings and overeating, which leave a strong imprint on the pleasure centers in the prefrontal cortex and lead to weight gain. Being overweight can impair dopamine pathways, leading to you to seek more food, and spiralling you deeper into depression.

So in essence:

- Eat more protein(reduce carbs)
- Get more exercise
- Go for daily walks in the Sun
- Get adequate sleep(min 8 hours)
- Do daily mediation(or just pray as normal)

I think that executive dysfunction ADD/ ADHD is a byproduct of lifestyle moreso than anything, we have become so used to dopamine induced tasks that boring and mundane tasks do not give our brain the satisfaction that it desires, the whole 'If I do this, then I will receive so and so feel good chemicals', to your brain there is no true incentive to do anything if it isn't pleasurable. Read some books by Russel Barkley for more explanations. For a lot of us men, a lot of our dopamine mechanisms are by in large determined by our sexual orgasms, a lot of men consume ography, it is by no surprise that executive dysfunction is so rampant. Psychoanalyse your daily behaviours. Good luck! The medication route is definitely something viable too
thank you ill look into that more

Same here.
Take vitamins + exercises + workout + don't use your phone for 4+6 a day. Especially stuff like tiktok/YT shorts

Trending