Ex-US Ambassador to Somalia says time to open consul in Somaliland

libaaxad

boqorada burco ✨
In an open letter to the incoming United States leadership of Joe Biden, Schwartz said time has come for the US to work with the African Union and others to resolve Somaliland’s status by persuading Somalia’s next president to undertake immediate and serious negotiations.

He says it is vital for Somaliland to have an international legal standing to negotiate agreements with the US and the rest of the world.

“The United States should establish a consulate in Somaliland to assist U.S. citizens and businesses and to build relationships.

Last edited:
source-Somalilandstandard

7C2D5A03-2CAF-4398-93ED-15D565711144.jpeg

Villainess

smooth talk on a rainy summer evening
Its not biased when the man himself wrote a paper on this, obviously the source would post something like this on their own region

:camby:
Stephen Swartz is the same man hired by the Obama administration just to turn his back on Somalis the next day and be caught supporting trump. Excuse me but no. I will not be advocating for some dusty backbiting cadaan:camby:

Stephen Swartz is the same man hired by the Obama administration just to turn his back on Somalis the next day and be caught supporting trump. Excuse me but no. I will not be advocating for some dusty backbiting cadaan:camby:
Whether he supported Obama or Trump wasnt the subject :bell:

It is. Because this man has a clear agenda and he is a FOMER ambassador for a REASON. This man thinks all Africans are the same, which frankly is racist. Get out of here. :fantasia2:
He is a former ambassador because he resigned, hence why the little indhoyar is the current ambassador :bell:

You ma'am are jumping from topic to topic

Yea he also said the president of Somalia is occupying parts of Somalia. I wouldn't take him seriously if I were u. Plus Ethiopia/uae/turkey all have consulates in SL. Kenya will join in March 10th after they lose the ICJ inshallah.

Villainess

smooth talk on a rainy summer evening
He is a former ambassador because he resigned, hence why the little indhoyar is the current ambassador :bell:

You ma'am are jumping from topic to topic
Im not jumping, I simply said this guy is a tuug and anything that comes from his tiny lips is not worthy of listening to. :bell:

Reborn
Just read the report before making a comment on it ☝
As with a new administration there will be a new policy towards Somalia.

Reborn
SL is in a favourable position to start a direct dialogue with the US after making strides with UAE, Taiwan & Kenya whilst maintaining it's so-called "democracy".With Djibouti aligning themselves closer with Beijing in which most of it's debt to them it opens/forces the door for the US to seek a new regional partner ie SL.

All depends on how smooth the election goes in Somalia next month which inshaaAllah works out the best for the people.