Ex-muslims of somalispot i have a question for you

Basra

LOVE is a product of Doqoniimo mixed with lust
Let Them Eat Cake
VIP
Ya is she a gaal?

1633182972462.png

Idk, I'm not sure if I could ever believe 100% that Islam is correct.

I just don't understand how people can know for sure whether God exists or not.

Idk, I'm not sure if I could ever believe 100% that Islam is correct.

I just don't understand how people can know for sure whether God exists or not.
let;s put it like this. if you were a gambler and you are told that the hereafter is gamble if you bet on it existing and it doesnt you will end like every other person, no consequences for all your actions. and if on the other side it does then you either suffer or enjoy.
what would you bet on. in any blind gamble with possible grave consequences, survival instincts always trump over limited logic.

let;s put it like this. if you were a gambler and you are told that the hereafter is gamble if you bet on it existing and it doesnt you will end like every other person, no consequences for all your actions. and if on the other side it does then you either suffer or enjoy.
what would you bet on. in any blind gamble with possible grave consequences, survival instincts always trump over limited logic.

I get that, but couldn't you say that for other religions too? What makes you think you won't be going to the Christian hell?

I get that, but couldn't you say that for other religions too? What makes you think you won't be going to the Christian hell?
Islam makes the most sense and islam is the most detailed religion. How do explain prophet's SAW prophecies coming true ?

good question but now that shifts us from your previously skeptical position on the existence of god or religion to which is the probable right one.that shifting mindset is step one. even prophet ibrahim had his doubts but they stemmed from genuine and sincere curiosity and earnest seeking of the truth. god asks us to believe the unseen and that"s the ultimate test of faith. he knows our limitations and thats why anything that has sincere intentions is healthy as long as it hasnt any rebellion or arrogance in it. islam goes further and tells you any sinful thought is not punished as long as its not acted upon, whilst any good thought is rewarded. islam doesnt police thought only actions, but at the same time for your own sake evil thoughts are discouraged. may god guide you and make your quest sincere.

What would need to happen in order you to come back to islam ?
Honestly, nothing. I think at one point in your journey out of organised religion, you realise there is nothing that will bring you back. It’s like reversing on your own logic that made you leave in the first place. For example: among many factors, the morality in Islam was just not clicking with me.

I did not agree that homosexuals and apostates should be killed (I don’t agree with death penalty at all), I didn’t agree with sex slavery and slavery in general, I don’t agree a woman’s testimony is half of a man’s, I don’t agree that thieves should have their arms amputated etc…

To come back to Islam means I have to LITERALLY go back to agreeing with this which I never could in the first place. How could I? How can I force myself to accept something so morally controversial. Like I said, I do have philosophical reasons for leaving, but since the question is asking what would need to happen if I could come back, short answer is, I’d have to go back to believing this 7th century morality.

Trending