Ever since joining forums I realised...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Men can be really emotional especially somalis.

Their mental health is always disregarded which justifies why they have a significantly higher suicide rate.

Globally, death by suicide occurred about 1.8 times more often among males than among females in 2008, and 1.7 times in 2015. In the western world, males die by suicide three to four times more often than do females.”

While it is said that we females have higher suicide thoughts

While women more often have suicidal thoughts, men die by suicide more frequently”

It’s due to the fact that it is deemed less of a taboo for us to speak out about it and cry which are all great for our mental health.

I just wanted to say from these forums I’ve realised our own somali brothers are going through severe depression and have no one to turn to. Some somali parents don’t believe in the concept of “depression” and take it very lightly which I’m really sorry for if you’re parents do and inshallah that changes as we progress.

I just want to give a few tips and advice to anyone either female or male:

1. If you have no one to turn to either because you can’t trust, rely or you’re dismissed easily when telling your issues, try to jot them down in a journal.

2. If you’re Muslim aside from your 5 daily prayers make a prayer each day dedicated to your issues where you ask Allah to help you.

3. Acknowledge that if things are not changing straight away after asking Allah for help that it’s him testing your patience so remain patient and tell yourself and also believe it as well that ‘Things will get better I just have to wait’.

4. Take action. Go visit a qualified therapist, speak to a trusted teacher, a cousin, your parents, your siblings or even someone online that helps you with your situation. Also it’s okay to cry in front of them.

I hate to see depressed somali boys the most due to this Macho stereotype our community holds its hard for us to discuss these things within our own family as well. Before you jump in with the “stop stereotyping my dad talks to me about mental health” well haye that represent the vast majority.

Last edited:
Men can be really emotional especially somalis.

Their mental health is always disregarded which justifies why they have a significantly higher suicide rate.

Globally, death by suicide occurred about 1.8 times more often among males than among females in 2008, and 1.7 times in 2015. In the western world, males die by suicide three to four times more often than do females.”

While it is said that we females have higher suicide thoughts

While women more often have suicidal thoughts, men die by suicide more frequently”

It’s due to the fact that it is deemed less of a taboo for us to speak out about it and cry which are all great for our mental health.

I just wanted to say from these forums I’ve realised our own somali brothers are going through severe depression and have no one to turn to. Some somali parents don’t believe in the concept of “depression” and take it very lightly which I’m really sorry for if you’re parents do and inshallah that changes as we progress.

I just want to give a few tips and advice to anyone reason either female or male:

1. If you have no one to turn to either because you can’t trust, rely or you’re dismissed easily when telling your issues, try to jot them down in a journal.

2. If you’re Muslim aside from your 5 daily prayers make a prayer each day dedicated to your issues where you ask Allah to help you.

3. Acknowledge that if things are not changing straight away after asking Allah for help that it’s him testing your patience so remain patient and tell yourself and also believe it as well that ‘Things will get better I just have to wait’.

4. Take action. Go visit a qualified therapist, speak to a trusted teacher, a cousin, your parents, your siblings or even someone online that helps you with your situation. Also it’s okay to cry in front of them.

I hate to see depressed somali boys the most due to this Macho stereotype our community holds its hard for us to discuss these things within our own family as well. Before you jump in with the “stop stereotyping my dad talks to me about mental health” well haye that represent the vast majority.

May Allah bless you

"The Deeen is advice. The deen is Advice. The deen is advice".

U know depression is caused when disconnect form Allah!
I know Wallahi

its comprehensive though.
If someone stays away from sexual impurity and maintains salah, they will not be depressed. Everything else (dhikr, quran, ect) will only add to their strong foundation as will things like a clean household, supporting parents, ect.

Allah is Al-Haseeb, he is the lord of order, and he has provided baraka in orde.r Unfortunately, too many of us are out of order and we do not use salah, dhikr, and genuine company to establish that order.
May Allah help us.

2017 was teh first time I heard of Muslims committing suicide (aside from the waythe media portrays)

WAllahi the game is deep

Same with the sisters too. Half of them openly say they’re depressed on twitter. They just hide it but it’s eating them alive.

When I feel almost at my lowest it’s usually when I’m disconnected to Allah. It’s my personal issues + guilt of not praying my 5 dailys = worst feeling ever and not saying alhamdullah for what I have instead of thinking about what I don’t have. Takes me days to snap out of it.

Same with the sisters too. Half of them openly say they’re depressed on twitter. They just hide it but it’s eating them alive.

When I feel almost at my lowest it’s usually when I’m disconnected to Allah. It’s my personal issues + guilt of not praying my 5 dailys = worst feeling ever and not saying alhamdullah for what I have instead of thinking about what I don’t have. Takes me days to snap out of it.
Whenever you are ready and consistent, contact me and I will provide you with a dhikr regiment morning and evening to get you closer to Allah.

Bro, Allah has provided us with so many cheat codes. I don't expect us to be fully diligent in applying them, but the use of a few could really change the quality of our existence. Wallahi

Also I find that I am happiest when my surroundings are clean and I do not backbite. This is something a lot of our depressed colleagues should take into consideration.
How are you watching nutting on yourself in a dark environment not praying not cleaning your room and then expect not to be depressed?

Whenever you are ready and consistent, contact me and I will provide you with a dhikr regiment morning and evening to get you closer to Allah.

Bro, Allah has provided us with so many cheat codes. I don't expect us to be fully diligent in applying them, but the use of a few could really change the quality of our existence. Wallahi

Also I find that I am happiest when my surroundings are clean and I do not backbite. This is something a lot of our depressed colleagues should take into consideration.
How are you watching nutting on yourself in a dark environment not praying not cleaning your room and then expect not to be depressed?

Exactly backbiting makes me feel spiritually dirty.

One more thing I forgot to add on my list:

5. If you doing a Sin that does something to your mental health. Stop right there. You’ve got the answer to your depression already.

tumblr_n63rylNKYJ1r3rmezo1_500.gif
The answer to depression is to return to Allah as our flesh needs sustenance so does our soul. The ones with most highest suicide rates are the rich. Most people think wealth would feed the void in their hearts. If you have a foundation in your deen you would know with every hardship comes ease and you will be able to take everything the world throughs at you as stronger And resilient person.

Muji

VIP
If you are suffering from depression please see a trained therapist.

People have killed themselves as a result of not seeking help and only being ‘treated’ with quran Saar

If you had a broken leg you would go to a doctor
If you feel sad and hopeless please go and see a therapist.

If you are suffering from depression please see a trained therapist.

People have killed themselves as a result of not seeking help and only being ‘treated’ with quran Saar

If you had a broken leg you would go to a doctor
If you feel sad and hopeless please go and see a therapist.
Stop it
Even the westerners don't regard psychology as a real science and 60% of people who take psychotropic drugs for SAD, GAD and Depression fail to achieve remission.

Your propaganda will not work here and we will not accept the results of Freud's overactive and pedophilic imagination.

Stop it
Even the westerners don't regard psychology as a real science and 60% of people who take psychotropic drugs for SAD, GAD and Depression fail to achieve remission.

Your propaganda will not work here and we will not accept the results of Freud's overactive and pedophilic imagination.

Why not both?

The prophet PBUH told the man to tie his camel and also rely and trust Allah same with seeking help and also remaining firm on the deen

Muji

VIP
Stop it

You’re an idiot and you think modern day psychiatry has anything to do with Freud Youre very ignorant

Depression is linked with chemicals in your brain and is alleviated with antidepressants and therapy

Go study
Go study lil folk

The study gives a definition of generalized anxiety disorder as “characterized by worry that is difficult to control, and symptoms such as poor sleep, muscle tension, and irritability, is relatively common, with a lifetime prevalence rate of 5.7%” (Hoge, et al., 2013). It also compounds the findings by researchers about the long term unsustainability of psychotherapy for GAD (Koszycky, Raab, & Bradwein, 2010), noting that between 30 and 60% of patients fail to achieve remission (Hoge, et al., 2013).

There is research to suggest that the pharmacotherapy and psychotherapy prescribed for general anxiety disorder (GAD), for example, is ineffective (Goldin, Ziv, Jazaeiri, Hahn, & Gross, 2013). Some studies have suggested that the number of patients failing to achieve remission for GAD from these treatments is as high as 60% (Hoge, et al., 2013)

Why not both?

The prophet PBUH told the man to tie his camel and also rely and trust Allah same with seeking help and also remaining firm on the deen
You can seek both.
I am just advising this person Knowles that SAD and GAD - two prominent conditions in the west - have extremely low rates of success when treated by either psycotropic or psychotherapy interventions (see my above post) However, in her ignorance, hatred for Islam, and love for Europhilia, she will continue to spew foolishness with little knowledge.

Status
Not open for further replies.