eurasian difference because of region

alien

📍outer space
VIP
images (7)_edit_76936542690864.png

so I saw this. it shows Ethiopian Somalis having less eurasian than Somalis from Somalia.

How much is the difference of eurasian dna because of location? is there a difference of eurasian for a somali from Bari to a Somali from NFD?

Apollo

VIP
This has nothing to do with geography or region. It is about ethnicity. Ethnic Somalis in general have less Eurasian admixture than Eritrean and highlander Ethiopian populations.

PS. Use the search function before making new threads about genetics. Often times these things have been discussed many times before. Kind of boring to keep discussing the same topic over and over.

This has nothing to do with geography or region. It is about ethnicity. Ethnic Somalis in general have less Eurasian admixture than Eritrean and highlander Ethiopian populations.

PS. Use the search function before making new threads about genetics. Often times these things have been discussed many times before. Kind of boring to keep discussing the same topic over and over.
I don’t think you understood the question but okay.

Apollo

VIP
I don’t think you understood the question but okay.

Dirs with haplogroup T do not have more Eurasian autosomal admixture than other Somalis with haplogroup E.

Haplogroups have absolutely nothing to do with autosomal ancestry, especially not on an individidual basis. There are Eritreans with haplogroup E who have 15-20% more Eurasian ancestry than Somali Dirs with T.

Also, there is no major regional differences in Eurasian ancestry between ETHNIC Somalis. The same percentage is found more or less throughout.

Dirs with haplogroup T do not have more Eurasian autosomal admixture than other Somalis with haplogroup E.

Haplogroups have absolutely nothing to do with autosomal ancestry, especially not on an individidual basis. There are Eritreans with haplogroup E who have 15-20% more Eurasian ancestry than Somali Dirs with T.

Also, there is no major regional differences in Eurasian ancestry between ETHNIC Somalis. The same percentage is found more or less throughout.
Thanks, won’t tag you again.

Apollo

VIP
Thanks, won’t tag you again.

Strongly advise you guys to use the search tool when it comes to genetic threads. We have nearly discussed all the stuff about Africa, Afro-Asiatics, Cushites, Semites, Ethiosemites, Ancient South Cushites, Ancient Egypt practically everything.. etc.

Strongly advise you guys to use the search tool when it comes to genetic threads. We have nearly discussed all the stuff about Africa, Afro-Asiatics, Cushites, Semites, Ethiosemites, Ancient South Cushites, Ancient Egypt practically everything.. etc.

I didn’t know I could search for threads, thanks.

alien

📍outer space
VIP

that's not the question. why do Ethiopian-Somalis have less eurasian than somalis from Somalia.

Apollo

VIP
that's not the question. why do Ethiopian-Somalis have less eurasian than somalis from Somalia.

It is just a group of about 20 people and there are 2 or 3 of them in there who are outliers and cluster with South Oromos (Borana Oromos) who have less Eurasian affinity than other Oromos and also less than Somalis.

All the other Ethiopian Somali samples are at the same Eurasian level as Somalis from Somalia.

Apollo

VIP
@piracy

One outlier in a small sample size can have big effect:

Group A:

Average: 10,000

Group B:

Average: 8,200

Som

VIP
It is just a group of about 20 people and there are 2 or 3 of them in there who are outliers and cluster with South Oromos (Borana Oromos) who have less Eurasian affinity than other Oromos and also less than Somalis.

All the other Ethiopian Somali samples are at the same Eurasian level as Somalis from Somalia.
Honestly though how can we know if these studies are accurate if they use such samples? I know samples don't have to be big but have to be representative. The point is that many studies show a slight difference between ethiopian somalis and other somalis, if you are saying it's not true then how can we be sure the eurasian admixture percentages are correct? If I'm bot mistaken they use the same somali sample over and over again and it's just a few dozen people. Maybe further studies could change results

Som

VIP
@piracy

One outlier in a small sample size can have big effect:

Group A:

Average: 10,000

Group B:

Average: 8,200
Interesting. So maybe outliers are behind the reason why somalis have different results drom anyone else. Are the Ethiopian samples bigger than the somali one?

Interesting. So maybe outliers are behind the reason why somalis have different results drom anyone else. Are the Ethiopian samples bigger than the somali one?
Outliers are the reason why it can differ between Somalis in respect to the comparative sample size. Not between Somalis and non-Somali like Habashi and other similar groups. If the latter was correct, we'd witness irreconcilable wide differences between Somalis, which is not the case.

Apollo

VIP
Honestly though how can we know if these studies are accurate if they use such samples? I know samples don't have to be big but have to be representative. The point is that many studies show a slight difference between ethiopian somalis and other somalis, if you are saying it's not true then how can we be sure the eurasian admixture percentages are correct? If I'm bot mistaken they use the same somali sample over and over again and it's just a few dozen people. Maybe further studies could change results

Small sample size without outliers are in general good enough and representative of an ethnic group in general. You don't need huge sample sizes to see what typical results are due to how founder effects in ethnic groups causing the same results to be replicated.

Even WITH outliers, like which often happens with peninsular Arabians, you can look at the results of the non-outliers and they are often representative of Bedouin Arabs without admixture.

Trending