Ethiopian PM dispatches his security Advisor to coerce SL gov to re-sign a previous revised agreement on khat and vegetable imports from Ethiopia

Manafesto

[[Puntland Republic 🇸🇱]]PIM[[C.S(BihinYusuf)]
VIP
HalimoEnthusiast

The Ethiopian committee was headed by Abiya's security advice, after they heard Somaliland might follow suit and switch their khat improts to Kenya, the Ethiopian PM dispatched this team to focr Dr Keys to sign the old reversed agreement again.
Ethiopia considers Somaliland their sixth Kilin and the dessert state brings half a billion of currency to the Ethiopian government GDP, hence why the Abiya Ahmed advisor flew to Berbera and force the SL FM minister to sign this inside the airport.lol.

IMG_9D7006-D4C307-02946D-24DC06-66A3E8-4826D8.jpg

"dhanka kale waxa heshiiskaasi Somaliland u saxeexay wasiirka wasaaradda arrimaha dibeda"
Hargaysa (HWN) Dawladdaha Somaliland iyo Itoobiya ayaa kala saxeexday heshiis ka kooban afar Qodob, kaas oo salka ku haya xal u helista qiima korodhka ku yimid qaadka iyo khudaarta.

Heshiiskan oo lagu kala saxeexday caasimada Somaliland ee Hargeysa, waxa dhinaca Itoobiya ku matelaayay la taliyaha dhanka abniga ee raysal wasaaraha Itoobiya, dhanka kale waxa heshiiskaasi Somaliland u saxeexay wasiirka wasaaradda arrimaha dibeda Somaliland Dr. Ciise Kayd Maxamuud.

Wasiirka wasaaradda arrimaha dibeda Somaliland Dr. Ciise Kayd Maxamuud ayaa sheegay in qodobada lagu heshiiyay ay kala yihiin.

1 Somaliland Itoobiya waxay aqoonsadeen ahmiyada ay leedahay xidhiidhkii soojireenka ahaa labada dhinac ka dhaxeeyay

2 In maanta oo bishu 7 tahay in qiimihii qaadka khudaarta qiimihii hore loo dejiyay, isla markaana ay ku noqoto sidii hore ee ay ahaan jirtay.

3 In la sameeyo gudi farsamo oo ka hortagta dhibaatooyinkaasi oo kale sameysana daraasad six al loogu helo arrimaha noocaas oo kale ah.

4 Labada dhinac waxa ay ku heshiiyeen in la siiwado heshiisyadii sii loo dhammeeyo kuwii xagga baayac-mushtarka, isu socodka gaadiidka iyo arrinta dekadda Berbera oo ku salaysan heshiisyo hore u dhacay, in halkaasi laga siiwado wada hadaladii.

bidenkulaha

GalYare
So basically the new deal is "you better keep the old deal".
Tbf Somaliland is a defacto Ethiopia colony. They’re economy is reliant solely on the Ethiopian market. I’m not so sure they even have the ability to explore better deals.

When you get an ultimatum like this, you comply. Sucks for them, they’ll have to pay way over the odds for khat. With their 70%+ consumption rate this will harm the little precious currency they have. Inflation go brrrrr

Manafesto

[[Puntland Republic 🇸🇱]]PIM[[C.S(BihinYusuf)]
VIP
HalimoEnthusiast
So basically the new deal is "you better keep the old deal".

Basically, lol, what is humiliating and disrespectful to Somaliland Gov is that they Abiya Ahmed dispatched his Finance minister to Djibouti to meet with IOG on the same matter, while he sent his security advisor to SL and the SL Finance minister Dr Keyd had to rush to Berbera Airport to sign the new agreement papers inside the hanger of the runway strip. 😂🤣😂😭

DHOONYACAB

Xagar Badhaadhe Bu'ale
But what is the fear they have of ethiopia?-It boggles my mind-Ethiopia has no argument or claim over somaliland-what is it that they fear so much?-So far "walaalahena etoobia" has only screwed them with nothing much in return.

Laagite

الداروودي
But what is the fear they have of ethiopia?-It boggles my mind-Ethiopia has no argument or claim over somaliland-what is it that they fear so much?-So far "walaalahena etoobia" has only screwed them with nothing much in return.
Ethiopia is one of the few countries that recognizes Somaliland, and there are some Lander business elite who own shares in their charter airline Ethio-Airlines. Ethiopia also considers the Western part of SL as its natural border with Somalia going as far as to claim Adal.

DHOONYACAB

Xagar Badhaadhe Bu'ale
Ethiopia is one of the few countries that recognizes Somaliland, and there are some Lander business elite who own shares in their charter airline Ethio-Airlines. Ethiopia also considers the Western part of SL as its natural border with Somalia going as far as to claim Adal.
Reconise how?

DHOONYACAB

Xagar Badhaadhe Bu'ale
Abiy is a foolish young guy who thinks geopolitics is his personal game-If i was somaliland,i would keep that guy at distance.

"But the Tigray War highlighted another vulnerability: Ethiopia’s lack of a port. Eritrea’s independence—and its success in a subsequent war with Ethiopia—ended Ethiopia’s outlet to the sea, and so Ethiopia turned to Djibouti, the independent city-state and port. Chinese investment underwrote a railroad and highway project, and today Djibouti handles up to 95 percent of all of Ethiopia’s inbound trade. As fighting expanded beyond Tigray, however, forces disrupted both rail and road links between Addis Ababa and Djibouti."

To correct this and distract his population with a new crisis, Abiy is setting the stage for a claim to Zeyla (Saylac), a sleepy port in northern Somaliland just about seventeen miles from the Djiboutian border. His supporters have begun to cite historic precedent: from the sixteenth to early nineteenth century, Zeyla was the main port serving the Ethiopian city of Harrar and points even further inland. Zeyla is also a focal point of Abiy’s on-again, off-again discussion of creating a new Ethiopian Navy, a military service that makes no sense in an otherwise landlocked country.

FBIsomalia

True Puntlander
VIP

The Ethiopian committee was headed by Abiya's security advice, after they heard Somaliland might follow suit and switch their khat improts to Kenya, the Ethiopian PM dispatched this team to focr Dr Keys to sign the old reversed agreement again.
Ethiopia considers Somaliland their sixth Kilin and the dessert state brings half a billion of currency to the Ethiopian government GDP, hence why the Abiya Ahmed advisor flew to Berbera and force the SL FM minister to sign this inside the airport.lol.

Reality is ethiopia is what keep their ictraaf dream alive.

FBIsomalia

True Puntlander
VIP
The head of consulate in Hargeisa for Ethiopia was named full ambassador and you won't find anything about "council in Garowe".

No need to lie.
Because you chew qaat and your brain cell has not function because of the lies.

First of all ambassador cant be head of council.

I just wrote ethiopia embassy in hargisa and in search I found council loool.

Consulate General of The Federal Democratic Republic of Ethiopia, Hargeisa​

For Garowe

Ethiopian Consulate General in Garowe, Somalia​

Again all that took me few seconds. So again stop make jeegaan spam here.

I think that Abiy has very badly miscalculated the backlash from SL and Djibouti to his policy of drastically increasing the prices of khat and vegetables.

Both told him to go to hell and threatened to find other sources of supply namely Kenya and Yemen.
The foreign exchange reserve situation in Ethiopia is catastrophic and losing these two customers in such a short period of time would mean hundreds of millions of dollars in lost revenue and thousands of Oromo farmers without market for their products.

This is why he has sent emissaries to both countries at the same time to calm the situation and cancel the price increases for the time being.

Reborn
Because you chew qaat and your brain cell has not function because of the lies.

First of all ambassador cant be head of council.

I just wrote ethiopia embassy in hargisa and in search I found council loool.

Consulate General of The Federal Democratic Republic of Ethiopia, Hargeisa​

For Garowe

Ethiopian Consulate General in Garowe, Somalia​

Again all that took me few seconds. So again stop make jeegaan spam here.

I edited my comment to make a correction before you commented

The head of Hargeisa consulate is a full ambassador just like someone who is head of an embassy.

Obviously the office in Hargeisa is a consulate not an embassy as Ethiopia hasn't recognised SL but the fact it recently upgraded the head to be an ambassador is a level above in Garowe.That's undisputed facts.

Trending