Ethiopia refuses to hand reer Borama over to Hargeisa

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bohol

VIP
@Rooble was right. The current regime of Addis Ababa is a good friend of reer Awdal.

Only Hargeisa is required to hand over opponents but not Ethiopia since it is the master. :francis:

Addis Ababa refuses to hand Gadabursi over to Hargeisa

N°1396 - 30/01/2015

The Addis Ababa government, which is itself very quick off the mark when it wants Somaliland to hand back Ethiopian opponents, is refusing to do likewise with the Gadabursi that Hargeisa is asking for. The Ethiopian Secretary of State for Foreign Affairs, Ambassador Berhane Gebre-Christos declined, on 16 January, to comply with the request from the Somaliland Minister for Foreign Affairs Mohamed Bihi Yonis, to expel the Gadabursi who have taken refuge in the Ogaden Regional State. Hargeisa suspects these Gadabursi of being linked to Abubakar Elmi Wabar (Jibril Yonis/Gadabursi), the leader of a rebel movement in Awdal Province in Somaliland. Fears of destabilisation have already led President Ahmed Mohamed Mahamoud known as Silanyo to build up government troops in the region’s capital, Borama. However, despite this deployment of security forces, shots were fired at the city’s police station on 23 January, attributed to the Gadabursi rebels.

The second largest clan in Somaliland, the Gadabursi are opposed to Somaliland’s independence which is wanted by the majority Issaq community, and instead want union with Mogadishu. In the last few weeks, some Somalian MPs have even urged the federal government to support Abubakar Elmi Wabar’s rebels. Trying to appease the revolt, Silanyo (Issaq) promised to promote the Gadabursi in his administration. He is planning to increase the responsibilities of technology minister Ali Hamud Jibril (Gadabursi), by appointing him finance minister (ION 1395).

https://www.africaintelligence.com/...hand-gadabursi-over-to-hargeisa,108059205-ART

Last edited:

Rooble

Suldaanka Gobyare
VIP
Yes i read this one a time ago. He is still enjoying his time in Ethiopia.

Meles Zenawi was even a great friend of Gadabursi. He even wanted what's best for the clan but the cursed elders didn't understand that at the time. That's what I heard from some cousins.

Here Ugaas Cabdirashiid at Meles Zenawi grave.

SYoxCLa.png

Plus there is one Military Tigray official who is actually Gadabursi and his mom is Tigray but he grey up in the Tigray zone with his mother. I can't mention his name.

Most Gadabursi and Ethiopian relationship got strained with the Somali Republic and Military Regime before that they used to administrate and area bigger than Faafan Zone for Haile Selassie. This area was administrated by the reer Ugaz of Makyldheere of the Muse Makahiil.

A military commander and administrator. (ደጃዝማች ),

FTTJn7q.png

Even Menelik II used to give gifts to Ugaas Nuur Roble.

Also Lij Yasu or Iyasu V the designated emperor married his female relative off to Ugas Roble I and Ugas Nur II or Ugas Nur Roble had great ties with the Emir of Harar at that time, Abdallah II Ibn Ali AbdaShakur.

I remember talking to my reer Jigjiga Gibril Jonas (Jibril Yoonis) cousin. He was travelling with a couple of Somalis in a car to Addis Ababa. He told me the car broke down at Matahera. Ka dib afterwards he saw some Geeljire, some nomads who came to them, they started talking to each other getting to know each other. Afterwards he realized they were Samaroon especially Jibril Yoonis.

They stayed there for hours, the Geeljire even offered them some camel milk. Till this day they still call him in Jigjiga.

Afterwards the Somalis who were travelling with him were suprised. Sxb ma Samaroon xaganu soo gaadhaa!
In his own words his reply:
""Adeer xata cirkan gaadhnaye maydan ogayn ayan dhahay""

Metehara.8.gif

Meles Zenawi was even a great friend of Gadabursi. He even wanted what's best for the clan but the cursed elders didn't understand that at the time. That's what I heard from some cousins.

SYoxCLa.png

Plus there is one Military Tigray official who is actually Gadabursi and his mom is Tigray but he grey up in the Tigray zone with his mother. I can't mention his name.

Most Gadabursi and Ethiopian relationship got strained with the Somali Republic and Military Regime before that they used to administrate and area bigger than Faafan Zone for Haile Selassie. This area was administrated by the reer Ugaz of Makyldheere of the Muse Makahiil.

FTTJn7q.png

Also Lij Yasu or Iyasu V the designated emperor married his female relative off to Ugas Roble I and Ugas Nur II or Ugas Nur Roble had great ties with the Emir of Harar at that time, Abdallah II Ibn Ali AbdaShakur.

I remember talking to my reer Jigjiga Gibril Jonas (Jibril Yoonis) cousin. He was travelling with a couple of Somalis in a car to Addis Ababa. He told me the car broke down at Matahera. Ka dib afterwards he saw some Geeljire, some nomads who came to them, they started talking to each other getting to know each other. Afterwards he realized they were Samaroon especially Jibril Yoonis.

They stayed there for hours, the Geeljire even offered them some camel milk. Till this day they still call him in Jigjiga.

Afterwards the Somalis who were travelling with him were suprised. Sxb ma Samaroon xaganu soo gaadhaa!

Metehara.8.gif

For Ethiopia all Somalis are same, no tribe is better than the other. My dad knows one dhulbahante who has habashi ID, living there since dervish war and holds very good position. Nothing especial here, it is other Ethiopian game to make some tribes seems closer than others.

SYoxCLa.png

FTTJn7q.png

Metehara.8.gif
Ahmed Gurey would roll in his grave if he read this :ohlord:

Rooble

Suldaanka Gobyare
VIP
For Ethiopia all Somalis are same, no tribe is better than the other. My dad knows one dhulbahante who has habashi ID, living there since dervish war and holds very good position. Nothing especial here, it is other Ethiopian game to make some tribes seems closer than others.
There might be some truth to that but to certain Somali clans a other Somali is their number 1 enemy. This was proven when the colonials first arrived at our shores. Also Ethiopia created most administrations in Somalia. So it's weird and hypocritical for these Somalis to act patriotic and take pride in their administration.

BANTU

+op MVLI

SYoxCLa.png

FTTJn7q.png

Metehara.8.gif

cfcc4bd45ffbcd037b8d0d1f500d2199.jpg

Rooble

Suldaanka Gobyare
VIP
You see nothing wrong with being Ethiopian slaves. That's fine, do you. But it's safe to say the majority of this forum will clown you for it.

Majority? These are all multi-nickers with the same pseudo Somali nationalist ideology which they preach cause it favors them. I wasn't born yesterday and I don't really give a shit if they clown me.

BANTU

+op MVLI
Majority? These are all multi-nickers with the same pseudo Somali nationalist ideology which they preach cause it favors them. I wasn't born yesterday and I don't really give a shit if they clown me.
You probably like the DDSI dogs that rat on ONLF and OLF to your Tigray masters. Nah, safe, your people aren't relevant enough on either side of the border.

SYoxCLa.png

FTTJn7q.png

Metehara.8.gif
rooble tell us about metehara, is it a isiolo situation where they are limited to the town or do they stretch all the way there.

Status
Not open for further replies.