Eschatology - End of the Hour

YAMS

I like milk and potato.
This will be an ongoing thread to post interesting reads about the end of time. You are welcome to share your contributions whether personal or academic.

Eschatology is the study of the end i.e. the end of life (death), the end of a historical civilisation, or the end of the world.

Allah's Messenger (ﷺ) said, "From among the portents of the Hour are (the following): -1. Religious knowledge will be taken away (by the death of Religious learned men). -2. (Religious) ignorance will prevail. -3. Drinking of Alcoholic drinks (will be very common). -4. There will be prevalence of open illegal sexual intercourse.

Sahih Bukhari Volume 1, Book 3, 80

Let's expand our knowledge on this topic so that we don't miss the signs.

YAMS

I like milk and potato.
Pascal's Wager: Gambling on God

Before death, one must determine whether to believe in God or not. Many people argue that rationality and reason support the non-existence of God. Others say that the rational person will believe in God.

But Pascal had a different take. Pascal maintains that we are incapable of knowing whether God exists or not, yet we must “wager” one way or the other. Reason cannot settle which way we should incline, but a consideration of the relevant outcomes supposedly can.

1648068860348.png

His conclusion was that it is always a better bet to believe in God. Non-belief yields you limited benefits and pleasures in this world but infinite pain in the other. Whereas belief gets you infinite pleasure after death and mininal pain in this world.

Believers can and do partake in the pleasures of the world. They may even sin frequently but can stack the orders in their favor through repentance.

So the question remains--what is the benefit of disbelief from a rational perspective?

After this pandemic I’m not wasting any more time. Inshallah I will get the chance to perform Umrah this year. My heart yearns to be welcomed to the house of Allah. 🤍

Liban89

Maqal herder | Burco boodhweyn.
Eschatology is a waste of time, the so called end times are ancient fantasies.

Trending