Equatorial railway- a crazy idea of mine

Status
Not open for further replies.
upload_2018-7-24_17-8-35.jpeg

I thought about a railway transporting goods that crosses Africa, from coast to coast. From Boosaaso port to the other side, maybe ending in Nigeria or further.

I even thought funding, gulf nations have to cross South Africa to transport oil to the Americas so they benefit from transporting quicker through the railway, also they could sell to landlocked countries. China would be involved in funding too since they’re interested in Africa for recourses and that exports.

Maybe the railway could split to Berbera port for risk reduction.

Billions of revenue would come in from the port.

The difficulty is cooperating with many African countries for funding the railway maintenance. So an independent company would have to manage funding of the railway for quality control.

This could still happen in reality since landlocked Ethiopia can use Berbera port, or could possibly extend to South Sudan and Central African Republic, and perhaps further.

The port owners would be immensely rich.

It’s not too expensive, Hindus and Chinese would work on building the railway.

And Somalia would only have to fund the part of the railway in our country, we might even share funding with private companies or states.

This is passive income, you sit in your couch and the money comes to you.

View attachment 51025

I thought about a railway transporting goods that crosses Africa, from coast to coast. From Boosaaso port to the other side, maybe ending in Nigeria or further.

I even thought funding, gulf nations have to cross South Africa to transport oil to the Americas so they benefit from transporting quicker through the railway, also they could sell to landlocked countries. China would be involved in funding too since they’re interested in Africa for recourses and that exports.

Maybe the railway could split to Berbera port for risk reduction.

Billions of revenue would come in from the port.

The difficulty is cooperating with many African countries for funding the railway maintenance. So an independent company would have to manage funding of the railway for quality control.

This could still happen in reality since landlocked Ethiopia can use Berbera port, or could possibly extend to South Sudan and Central African Republic, and perhaps further.

The port owners would be immensely rich.

It’s not too expensive, Hindus and Chinese would work on building the railway.

And Somalia would only have to fund the part of the railway in our country, we might even share funding with private companies or states.

This is passive income, you sit in your couch and the money comes to you.
That reminds me of my pan Arab railway:siilaanyolaugh:

Crow

Make Hobyo Great Again
VIP
Any idea why they skipped somalia? it can't be due to security reasons because nigeria has boko haram.
Africa and Asia are the future and we are smack dab in the middle of them. They cannot do trade without going through us. West Africans are in the worst part and will depend on us to access Asia.

The amount of trade between west Africa and Asia will be absolutely massive. No single port can handle that much traffic. Our populations are just not enough and there isn't enough space. Djibouti can barely handle Ethiopia as it is. African-Asian trade would be spread from the ports in Eritrea and Djibouti down to Somalia.

VIP
Africa and Asia are the future and we are smack dab in the middle of them. They cannot do trade without going through us. West Africans are in the worst part and will depend on us to access Asia.

The amount of trade between west Africa and Asia will be absolutely massive. No single port can handle that much traffic. Our populations are just not enough and there isn't enough space. Djibouti can barely handle Ethiopia as it is. African-Asian trade would be spread from the ports in Eritrea and Djibouti down to Somalia.

That's why we need to annex awdal since we don't have the required space or workforce. Just hope we don't get bamboozled by these big countries

Well Asians would be working on the port regardless of the country, the required expertise is very highl to handle such volume

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending