Civil war enters second year in Ethiopia

Bronco

GEELJIRE WITH NO GEEL
@Bronco do you think this savages shooting at UN staff are peaceful?
They are piss abiding looters.

Definitely not, but I'm trying to understand the government's stance on things and how they're rationalizing. The more I learn about Ethiopia, the more it comes across as a house of cards.

Are they are completely sanctioned by the government? Calling it a recipe for disaster is as positive of a spin I could put on what you just said. Though the cynic in me draws a much different conclusion. Why is the government calling on makeshift militias to enforce a domestic 'security operation' as they put it? Non-regional, armed and private groups and individuals are being enlisted to bring peace to another region? At this stage I feel like it is disingenuous to call it anything other than a war on the region. Yes, the dismantlement of the TPLF is the goal - but they're not mutually exclusive.

Under which regional liyuu police are these militias operating?

They are legally organized groups. In this case they are from Amhara region and act only under the order of regional government. When TPLF attacked the northern command, it also encircled a base in western Tigray for days and also attacked the Amhara region. This triggered that the Amhara region sent its Liyu and Militia to western Tigray to free the encircled army while other army personnel from other Ethiopian regions was on the way. Every time a town is freed, some of the Army, Liyu and militia stay in the town to enforce law and order so that no anarchy and looting happens. TPLF was waging the war mainly using Tigray Liyu, most of them now are either dead or disarmed. The security apparatus in Tigray has completely collapsed.

Some of the militias have already returned home but others still help the army and Liyu wherever they are needed.

i just realised that Sudan just grabbed farmlands from ethiopia yet Amhara are to busy about taking land from there fellow countrymen.

People are confusing two different areas of the border. This one is a well known area like Badme inside Sudan and where for some reason Ethiopian farmers were using the land. You can look up the place on a map that it is actually outside Ethiopia. Just like Badme, Ethiopian authorities have been pledging to Sudan to leave the area but every time they did the farmers ring a bell and the media was shouting. I have seen the Sudanese militias that moved into the area and honestly it will not be hard to retake it back which Ethiopian troops btw many times did in the past but the government may use this opportunity finally to settle the issue with Sudan the same way it will use this incident to hand over Badme to Eritrea. In both cases Ethiopia occupied lands that are outside of the Ethiopian border. In fact in the Sudanese case, the army once said that they are only there to protect the farmers and NOT because this is Ethiopian territory.

Last edited:
this war with TPLF wil surely drag.

Seems like Amhara are building up an assault on Beni Shangul & Gumuz to try take over the areas where the dam is located as it will be beneficial for agriculture.

I do beleive a war between Oromos Vs Amhara will not lost more than a week as explainned by an Amhara Dr.Amhara want to remove Abye and I dont think Abye would last to see elections.

this war with TPLF wil surely drag.

Seems like Amhara are building up an assault on Beni Shangul & Gumuz to try take over the areas where the dam is located as it will be beneficial for agriculture.

I do beleive a war between Oromos Vs Amhara will not lost more than a week as explainned by an Amhara Dr.Amhara want to remove Abye and I dont think Abye would last to see elections.

There is no TPLF anymore and there is no TPLF war. Most of the leaders are killed or wounded and captured. Few are still hiding and on the run. TPLF is not in a position to wage war. Very soon I expect to see the top leaders on national TV as prisoners.

There is no assault on Beni Shangul & Gumuz but Amhara region is rightly asking the federal government to enforce rule of law in the most chaotic region or allow Amhara Liyu to secure the safety of citizens. Civilians have been and still are being massacred in Beni Shangul & Gumuz and the state administration is clearly not able or willing to safeguard the safety of its citizens. In that case other security forces must take responsibility of ensuring the security of the civilian population. Beni Shangul & Gumuz needs to show us all that it is a viable state that can secure the well being of its citizens otherwise, Ethiopians can't seat idle forever while civilians are constantly attacked.

And Amhara vs Oromo war will not happen. There are millions from both sides who know how to prevent it.

There is no TPLF anymore and there is no TPLF war. Most of the leaders are killed or wounded and captured. Few are still hiding and on the run. TPLF is not in a position to wage war. Very soon I expect to see the top leaders on national TV as prisoners.

There is no assault on Beni Shangul & Gumuz but Amhara region is rightly asking the federal government to enforce rule of law in the most chaotic region or allow Amhara Liyu to secure the safety of citizens. Civilians have been and still are being massacred in Beni Shangul & Gumuz and the state administration is clearly not able or willing to safeguard the safety of its citizens. In that case other security forces must take responsibility of ensuring the security of the civilian population. Beni Shangul & Gumuz needs to show us all that it is a viable state that can secure the well being of its citizens otherwise, Ethiopians can't seat idle forever while civilians are constantly attacked.

And Amhara vs Oromo war will not happen. There are millions from both sides who know how to prevent it.
Just like the millions on each side that did not.prevent The Tigray Vs Amhara war.
The war between Oromo Vs Amhara will be started by Amhara.
How come we dont see live captured.Debrastion?

The TPLF war is still on whether you like to down play it or not.

Just like the millions on each side that did not.prevent The Tigray Vs Amhara war.
The war between Oromo Vs Amhara will be started by Amhara.
How come we dont see live captured.Debrastion?

The TPLF war is still on whether you like to down play it or not.

No, Amhara will not start war against PM Abiy if you mean that. He is now very popular not only in Amhara region but also all over Ethiopia.

TPLF as a functioning organization is destroyed. It only exists in the diaspora and social media. The leaders are not only unable to lead a war but also to even run their medias (both TVs are shut down) or even communicate with journalists via short messages as Debretsion used to do. They are all in disarray, running to save their lives.

Remember it took some 6 months before Sadam Hussain was captured after the US controlled Baghdad. Hunting down individuals can take some time but the good thing is there is no functioning organization called TPLF that is in a position to fight. It is disarmed, dissolved and destroyed.

Federal police in Mekele.

Last edited:
No, Amhara will not start war against PM Abiy if you mean that. He is now very popular not only in Amhara region but also all over Ethiopia.

TPLF as a functioning organization is destroyed. It only exists in the diaspora and social media. The leaders are not only unable to lead a war but also to even run their medias (both TVs are shut down) or even communicate with journalists via short messages as Debretsion used to do. They are all in disarray, running to save their lives. My unconfirmed information is that most of them are already captured but wounded and are being treated, some are killed and very few are still in hiding. Remember it took some 6 months before Sadam Hussain was captured after the US controlled Baghdad. Hunting down individuals can take some time but the good thing is there is no organization called TPLF that is in a position to fight. It is dissolved and destroyed.

Federal police in Mekele.

Xabashi keep.spinning but as somalis say your ears and your speech from your lips do not listen to each other.
Or in English terms you preach water and drink wine.

We are grown ups and no matter how.much you spin we know the reality in the region.

What you need to do is go teach Amhara people to be civil that is the only way you will live in peace with your neighbours.

I have seen and Spoken tonAmharas who are now even changing their support foe Abye because they think they rule Ethiopia.

Xabashi keep.spinning but as somalis say your ears and your speech from your lips do not listen to each other.
Or in English terms you preach water and drink wine.

We are grown ups and no matter how.much you spin we know the reality in the region.

What you need to do is go teach Amhara people to be civil that is the only way you will live in peace with your neighbours.

I have seen and Spoken tonAmharas who are now even changing their support foe Abye because they think they rule Ethiopia.

How come I don't meet these Amharas? Every Amhara I know, even those who were extremely suspicious, now stand with PM Abiy. There is no Amhara organization or party that is talking negatively about PM Abiy right now. In every demonstration the people hold PM's pictures and show their support. There could be of course few exceptions but currently PM Abiy is popular in Amhara region as never before. That is just pure facts.

How come I don't meet these Amharas? Every Amhara I know, even those who were extremely suspicious, now stand with PM Abiy. There is no Amhara organization or party that is talking negatively about PM Abiy right now. In ever demonstration the people bring his pictures and show their support. There could be of course few exceptions but currently PM Abiy is popular in Amhara region as never before. That is just pure facts.
Because you are one of them and you know how to hide your emotions you are the old amharas.
The new ones are headless chicken.

@xabashi
@AbdiGeedi

So Xabashi how can you explain how this nazi man is today an ambassador for Abye ?

If an Amhara of 1880s resurrected he will have the same mentality like Xabashi and his cousins who are fano extremists.

Haven't I told you not to recycle 100 years old videos? If this man is an ambassador for Abiy, it is most likely because he was for TPLF too. Abiy has left so many of the TPLF ambassadors untouched. Anyway, if he has the same views today which I doubt, then of course he can't hold any government offices. That is clear for any sane person but unfortunately I am not PM Abiy and I can't speak for him.

In another note, have you heard the strong message the chief of staff gave yesterday in a ceremony Addis Ababa city administration held to honor the federal Army for defeating TPLF so fast? The city residents collected over 1.5 billion birr just in one week and donated it for the federal Army? Man, the chief of staff destroyed TPLF and got a standing ovation. He said the Army in two weeks time destroyed what TPLF forces prepared for 2 years even though TPLF forces got the same kind of weapons the army has by looting the northern command. What a speech!

Haven't I told you not to recycle 100 years old videos? If this man is an ambassador for Abiy, it is most likely because he was for TPLF too. Abiy has left so many of the TPLF ambassadors untouched. Anyway, if he has the same views today which I doubt, then of course he can't hold any government offices. That is clear for any sane person but unfortunately I am not PM Abiy and I can't speak for him.

In another note, have you heard the strong message the chief of staff gave yesterday in a ceremony Addis Ababa city administration held to honor the federal Army for defeating TPLF so fast? The city residents collected over 1.5 billion birr just in one week and donated it for the federal Army? Man, the chief of staff destroyed TPLF and got a standing ovation. He said the Army in two weeks time destroyed what TPLF forces prepared for 2 years even though TPLF forces got the same kind of weapons the army has by looting the northern command. What a speech!

100 year old? Yet you beleive in the same ideology of the past? Tell me what you havent recycled?
The guy is an ambassador currently under Abye Administration.

This exposes alot even though you try to hide your head under the sand.

Trending

Latest posts