Civil war enters second year in Ethiopia

AbdiGeedi

To keep your balance, you must keep moving.
Modern mechanized division includes about 10-15 thousand soldiers. I highly doubt this claim by the TPLF. It is too much of a loss even for wars among big armies using heavy artillery, air bombings, etc.

What I do believe in is that there is troops rotation every two weeks a so in a war. Soldiers can't simply be fighting day and night for long period of time. That's why in any war there is a pause after 2-3 weeks of heavy fighting.

Both sides are taking a breather at the moment since the confrontation is on its third week.

Again and again both the ordinary tigreans and PoWs like these say they never thought the war was against the federal Army. One of the PoWs said if the Tigray Liyu knew that we were fighting against the federal Army, majority of us would have deserted and would have never fought knowing very well we would have zero chance of winning against the federal Army. The other one said he was recruited to work as a police and was then forced to join Tigray Liyu and was sent to the battle field. Poor PoWs.

The historical town of Axum and Adwa. Axum airport was destroyed by the fleeing TPLF forces just like many roads and bridges.

Last edited:

AbdiGeedi

Reer Minnesota, Abdi Ismail Samatar, believes Ethiopia is off to a good start if Abiy plays his cards right. I reckon he is a hopeless believer.

AbdiGeedi

An interesting interview of Dr Jonathan Fisher, security analyst, regarding Tigray-Ethiopia Conflict by Burn News.

He gives insight into the conflict and admits that Abiy is doing the same things regarding oppression as his predecessors. He touched upon the former centralized system of Ethiopian governance that favored Amharas and how the TPLF instituted ethno federalism to deprive one group dominating others in their respective states. He also talks about why Eritrea and Ethiopia made peace.

@Django Do you think Abiy will abolish ethno federalism once Tigray is crushed? It is awfully looks like Amharas are trying to re-create the previous system and rule again. I think Abiy is a Trojan horse. To me it looks like it. If he couldn't change the system and got consumed by it, what is there to prevent Amharas from cleverly using him for the political comeback?

Last edited:

AbdiGeedi

The conflict is starting to get tracking in the international political circles. Abiy might be trying to bite more than he can handle. His initial promise of quick operation hasn't held up.

AbdiGeedi

The fart boy, Redwan Hussein, is the spokesperson for the State of Emergency Task Force that is ethnically cleansing Tigrayans across all of Ethiopia right now and caused the refugee crisis for Sudan.

Redwan Hussein.jpg

Here is he being confronted in the US by Ethiopians and called the genocide killer in 2014. I guess he was the item even at time of the TPLF rule in Addis. Abiy has peace-loving people working for him. :ftw9nwa:

Last edited:

AbdiGeedi

Most likely the permanent members of the UN Security Council bullied the rotating members to withdraw the request. The US, Britain, France, Russia and China are all friends of Ethiopia and want to give time to Abiy to finish off Tigray before discussing it. Let the killing go on!

Here is the formal laughable reason for cancellation:

"The UN Security Council cancelled its first meeting on the conflict in Ethiopia's dissident Tigray region that was due to be held Tuesday, diplomatic sources said.

South Africa, Niger, Tunisia and Saint Vincent and the Grenadines withdrew their request for the behind-closed-doors discussion because envoys have not yet travelled to Ethiopia, said one African diplomat.

"It is necessary to allow more time for the regional efforts that are being undertaken in this regard," he told AFP."

Last edited:

Regg

Stroking my Australinimo
History have shown that when the Highland region goes down, the rest of the Horns goes down too for obvious reasons.

We’re not talking about 1200s-1600s or 1860s-1900s but very recently between 1960s-1990s where many people from that generation are still alive today.

I wonder if history is going to repeat itself.

Trending