Elusive jannah

Yukon_Niner

Ugaas of the supreme gentleman
VIP
Dang this piece of literature is amazing, it's book on the Somali diaspora that goes into different accounts.

According to the book reer MN migrate to Somalia to (quote)

Adam uses the word “respect” twice in this short narrative, connoting that this respect is lacking in the lives of Somali men in the United States. Moreover, his discussion of how Somali male returnees will be wel-comed and treated like royals by potential wives’ families ref l ects a clear search for respect, prestige, and what one could call a “recouping of mascu-linity” missing from Somali men’s sense of self in America.2 The term Ugaas is a title of dignity given to a Somali clan chief. Adam uses this fi guratively, to connote the deference that men returning with Western citizenship will get back in Africa and the Middle East, something they view as denied to them in a Western, non- Muslim country.
@NotMyL @Gibiin-Udug is it true MN niggas feel emasculated by their own women? :ohdamn:Oh god now I feel bad about destroying their attempts are regaining their masculinity on the internet and becoming the ugaas. Joking.

I've been wondering how accurate this book actually is. According to it South African Somalis have more aligned with Muslim Indians in SA and don't feel accepted with the Black Africans so some leave.

UAE Somalis are generally happy about where they are but their lack of clear citizenship is a cause of worry, stress and fear.

MN Somalis are discontent and feel they're not getting far where they are although I'm pretty sure that's just the older generation.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Honestly how accurate do you think those verdicts are?

NotMyL

"You are your best thing"
VIP
The only men who feel emasculated are the bums, if you want to be treated like a king show that you are worthy of the title.

Yukon_Niner

Ugaas of the supreme gentleman
VIP
The only men who feel emasculated are the bums, if you want to be treated like a king show that you are worthy of the title.
How does one show they're worthy of being a king? Asking for a friend.

Does it require owning an army and large swathes of land? If so I can hire a militia and buy up a tuulo. That should suffice.

Trending

Latest posts