Somalis are the butt of jokes to Egyptians

Ras

It's all so tiresome
VIP
Instead of acting like a victim we should try to remove any bad connotations to our name by improving our image.

Ras

It's all so tiresome
VIP
I agree but that still doesn’t give them an excuse to use our identity as a slur, these are the same people that cry when gulf Arabs use masri as a slur

You can't realistically police speech.

There will be always those that use slurs like this just like some of us use similar slurs that I won't mention.

The only solution is to remove the source of the insult.

Caaro

I do something called "what I want"
2021 GRANDMASTER
VIP
Instead of acting like a victim we should try to remove any bad connotations to our name by improving our image.

There will be always those that use slurs like this just like some of us use similar slurs that I won't mention.

We're not telling them what to do, we're not policing their speech, neither are we acting like victims. They can say whatever they want about us or see us however they want. @BetterDaysAhead is making sure we know how they see us and what they say about us.

From that we can react however we want. Stop trying to turn it around on us. If they use "somali" (our name) in a derogatory manner, it says more about them than us.

Don't act like they're rightful for disrespecting us, and don't say we're acting like victims when we get mad and feel disrespected, and don't act like we're policing their speech if we expect them to stop.

Aurelian

Forza Somalia!
VIP

Exactly, they use anyone's name if they has aa bad reputation, and the only way to reverse that is by changing our condition.

Aurelian

Forza Somalia!
VIP
Beside that they even bash themselves with sulr according to one's origin place, for example if you aren't from Alexandria or Cairo you are basically a fallah which is kinda equivalent to qoti. If any Egyptian said something bad about you just call him a fallah, especially the Alexandrians

Marquis

Highly Respected
VIP
Beside that they even bash themselves with sulr according to one's origin place, for example if you aren't from Alexandria or Cairo you are basically a fallah which is kinda equivalent to qoti. If any Egyptian said something bad about you just call him a fallah, especially the Alexandrians

Alexandrians and Cairenes are Fellahin subhumans as well, only difference is they have more conqueror blood

D-9kzpDWwAAr8Fx.jpg

Caaro

2021 GRANDMASTER
VIP
Exactly, they use anyone's name if they has aa bad reputation, and the only way to reverse that is by changing our condition.
Your logic: weak people will always be abused by stronger people, only way to fix that is by getting stronger. So don't resent them, they are perfectly in the right to abuse weak people

Of course people with bad rep can be made fun of, doesn't mean they HAVE to. I'm sorry but no matter how poor of a state somalia is in, I won't shrug it off if people make fun of it. That's just stupid.

Yes they're in a position to say stuff like that, and the only way to prevent it is if we're in a better position. That doesn't mean we can't be angry about it and take it lying down

Caaro

2021 GRANDMASTER
VIP
I just watched the video and it wasn't that serious. He just said somalis are usually the butt of the jokes, nowhere did he mention somali being a derogatory slur used against others. Of course there are racist egyptians that exist, you can't control that. But Egyptians as a whole aren't racist to somalis I'm assuming.

And if it really WAS that bad, that man wouldn't have admitted it considering he's egyptian himself.

Marquis

Highly Respected
VIP
@Apollo

Fair enough, if it was up to me I'd put these subhuman fellahin back into foreign rule. British, Albanians, Turks, Mamluks, Arabs, Romans, Greeks, Persians, Assyrians, Kushite, who ruled over them for over 2000 years.

"Until the 1952 revolution, Egypt was dominated by an elite made up of interrelated families of Turkish, Circassian and Albanian origin known to historians as the Turco-Circassian elite who owned most of the land, upon which the fellahen (Egyptian peasants) toiled upon as tenant farmers. The Turco-Circassian aristocracy made up less than 1% of the population, but owned 3/4 of all the farmland in Egypt"

:dead: :dead:

Aurelian

Forza Somalia!
VIP
Your logic: weak people will always be abused by stronger people, only way to fix that is by getting stronger. So don't resent them, they are perfectly in the right to abuse weak people

Of course people with bad rep can be made fun of, doesn't mean they HAVE to. I'm sorry but no matter how poor of a state somalia is in, I won't shrug it off if people make fun of it. That's just stupid.

Yes they're in a position to say stuff like that, and the only way to prevent it is if we're in a better position. That doesn't mean we can't be angry about it and take it lying down
I didn't mean they have the right to say that, just stating why they use the name of Somalia in that way, of course that doesn't mean we should be silent about that, I don't. But using our name in derogatory way will continue until we do something about our situation.

Egypt lost like what 6 wars against tiny state of Isreal including humiliation 6 day war . I rather be a Somali then to be those surrender sand monkeys

Trending