Duchess, Kaafiye and Tdot folks..have you tried this? My boy did & is disappointed

Status
Not open for further replies.

menace

President - Sexaholics Anonymous, Ohio chapter
VIP
xawaash restaurant ..

I'm gutted bc i requested that he check it out for me. He is there for a wedding.

He replied back pissed ...it was my fault :meleshame::meleshame:

image.jpg

I thought all the meals she posted on her YT channel were Somali food.

All the food rating websites have her restaurant at between 4.4 and 5 stars

I've been to Xawaash many times and it serves fantastic food. Very clean, professional and orderly.

Maybe your friend went on a bad day?

HalyeeyQaran

Citizen of Southwest State
@AbdiJohnson, why did Hamdi close their second restaurant in downtown Toronto? They closed it a long time ago, was it because of the high rent prices downtown?

Sultana

On Hiatus
Oooh, I blocked HalyeeyQaran so I didn't see that you're talking about Hamdi. But yeah the downtown one is worse than the Rexdale one, at least that's what I've heard.

Last edited:
Not exactly sure why but I know the downtown location was much crappier and wasn't as busy as the Rexdale location.

@Kaafiye @Duchess right?

Never been to the downtown Hamdi. I've been to the Rexdale Hamdi's many times before but I can't say it's my favorite place to eat.

Bilal Restaurant on Martingrove and Rexdale is a far better place to eat

Duchess

HRH Duchess of Puntland, The Viscount of Garoowe
VIP
Xawaash doesn't really cater to Somalis so I can understand why he would be disappointed if he was expecting a traditional Somali restaurant. They serve fusion cuisine and smaller portions.

There's another Somali restaurant about 10-15 mins from Xawaash called Mushkaki. It's also a fusion restaurant. Personally, I love both places and prefer them to traditional Somali restaurants.

SuldaanMethylamine

Scheming from Salaxley
I need to visit the dot sometime soon, hearing good things about the Somali restaurants there recently.

Is Sinaay off Lawrence east still open? That place was the textbook example of a loud maqaaxi with terrible customer service:deadpeter:

menace

President - Sexaholics Anonymous, Ohio chapter
VIP
I need to visit the dot sometime soon, hearing good things about the Somali restaurants there recently.

Is Sinaay off Lawrence east still open? That place was the textbook example of a loud maqaaxi with terrible customer service:deadpeter:

I visited that place and apparently tolkaa leh...maybe " arap"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending