Driving Thru Garowe

Status
Not open for further replies.

DR OSMAN

AF NAAREED
VIP
Only suggestion I have is, someone please do something about the odd objects laying around everywhere, it makes the place look 'ghetto'. Plus level out the 'land'. City lands are 'prepared' for zoning and evened out, it's not some remote place in the desert, they need to do something about that. It would help the image of the town when everyone looks 'zoned' out and the land and it's soil prepared properly.

DR OSMAN

AF NAAREED
VIP
It's weird watching Garowe sometimes especially if your family are 'native'. It gives u this special connection to it, It's amazing seeing the place your 'awooweyaal' all lived, change so much. When I see other towns in PL, I love the progress but there isn't that 'sense of my awoowashay lived here'. I am sure @Abdalla you must get that feeling too when you see Garowe, right?

I guess probably 'dashishe and some osman mahmoud and warsangeli' watch bosaso and have a special 'connection' to it knowing your awooweyaal lived there. It wouldn't be the same for other clans like myself if I went there, I wouldn't have that special connection, it's hard to explain. The only way to explain it is, 'dadka degaanka iyo kuwa kale' isku mid ma aha. U feel like inu 'xil ka saran yahay' meesha awoowashina ku noola, where-as u don't get this same feeling when you know you have no family connection to the place.

I can see why puntland is pushing for this 'district' based politics over TRIBE. Tribe doesn't make u feel you own the place, u have no history there sxb in many places your clan live. But district based, it is special, you do have a history and it's your responsibility to ensure it remains in good hands.

Yo @Abdalla we must get rid of these Issa Mahmoud ruining Garowe, qabiil ahan bay raban inay uu dhaqman, the place should be left to the original settlers to manage not based on tribe. Same for all citis in puntland and somalia as whole. Dadka degaanka I think should always been given the larger say in a town over tribe. Just because I am same tribe as Osman mahmoud, doesn't mean I have any connection to bosaso, qardho, bayla, isku shuban, etc. Uma naxaysid meel aadan 'stake' ku lahayne.

Damn I feel for Galkayo, if the people of that area don't settle and agree on something, u think some dude from garowe or hamar has your best interest at heart? we are not your degaan, we got no stake at all. U should have special connection to the land of your awoowe, I don't have that for u and u shouldn't welcome me in to apart of your process lol.

Last edited:
Only suggestion I have is, someone please do something about the odd objects laying around everywhere, it makes the place look 'ghetto'. Plus level out the 'land'. City lands are 'prepared' for zoning and evened out, it's not some remote place in the desert, they need to do something about that. It would help the image of the town when everyone looks 'zoned' out and the land and it's soil prepared properly.

I have been telling people in Gedo/bardhere to do this for the longest time. Its not even that difficult and expensive to hire a few locals to clean an area and then get make a small cheap fence and then to zone it out. Will suggest this when i meet the mayor next time.

upload_2019-6-17_13-20-8.png

upload_2019-6-17_13-15-16.png

DR OSMAN

AF NAAREED
VIP
Damn looks a bit rough than usual

I always used to notice it but never said anything thinking someone would do something about this. The land needs to be softened, take away the large rocks all over the place, as for the houses who have bought 'plots' and just leave 'stones' there, they need to be told to 'zone' out their plot according to land regulations.

But the land I noticed in Garowe was never prepared for 'settlement', it's like they just built there without preparing the over-all site and smoothening the earth and soil so it's consistent where-ever you go.

DR OSMAN

AF NAAREED
VIP
I have been telling people in Gedo/bardhere to do this for the longest time. Its not even that difficult and expensive to hire a few locals to clean an area and then get make a small cheap fence and then to zone it out. Will suggest this when i meet the mayor next time.

View attachment 74198

View attachment 74196

They have 'tractors' and 'dump trucks' in Garowe. All they need to do is go around and collect all these objects and rocks and dump it outside the city. Come back and begin 'levelling' the soil and making it smooth.

DR OSMAN

AF NAAREED
VIP
This is what I mean by levelling the land. As you can see the soil has been levelled and is smooth. This how it should look everywhere in garowe where there isn't yet tarmac 'road'.

Laser_land_leveller.jpg

A-lot of Garowe looks like this below. Totally disgusting

land-leveling-work-250x250.jpg

I always used to notice it but never said anything thinking someone would do something about this. The land needs to be softened, take away the large rocks all over the place, as for the houses who have bought 'plots' and just leave 'stones' there, they need to be told to 'zone' out their plot according to land regulations.

But the land I noticed in Garowe was never prepared for 'settlement', it's like they just built there without preparing the over-all site and smoothening the earth and soil so it's consistent where-ever you go.
Yeah i used to think that too

Status
Not open for further replies.