Berbera Port Construction Project

maguuraan

Geel-Loo-Kor
Niyow i think they gonna use when its ready for cargo traffic..and maybe a few passenger flights from Addis..i really hope tha freezone is ready soon, without freezone change for hub Will Be slow .. i allredy invest in this year nice amount @ Berbera

Bernie Madoff

Afhayeenka SL
VIP
461B36A7-D00A-4B60-8236-41FCB57EEFBA.jpeg

Berbera port development is fast moving forward and phase one should be completed early 2021 insha allah.

2020 has been a good year for Somaliland politically and economically. :rejoice:

Last edited:
Somaliland has had a tremendous 2020, both diplomatically and economically.

This is the cherry on top.

:salute:
Anyone know of any mining going on in ceershida or almadow for gold? The Somaliland government should open a mine there and sell the gold or back it with their currency. Not sure why its taking this long to agree on something.

Will Somaliland’s Berbera port be a threat to Djibouti’s?
East African competition to provide port and logistics services for landlocked Ethiopia is heating up between Djibouti and Somaliland.

Djibouti’s port is the main transit point for imports to and exports from Ethiopia, but the government in Addis Ababa wants to diversify its options. Somaliland, an unrecognised breakaway region of Somalia, is home to the Berbera port, where a major expansion is expected to be inaugurated in March of 2021.

Its a good read about the potential Horn of Africa port competition for Ethiopia and nearby countries export and imports growing market demand.

SirLancelLord

Reformation of Somaliland
VIP
Anyone know of any mining going on in ceershida or almadow for gold? The Somaliland government should open a mine there and sell the gold or back it with their currency. Not sure why its taking this long to agree on something.

it's tribal,

the only people that have been doing small scale digging are those of the same tribe of the people of that area.

it's tribal,

the only people that have been doing small scale digging are those of the same tribe of the people of that area.
Why can't them tribes open a mine. I was watching a documentary of the people that go there. Some dude went there for 24hours and went home with $30k worth of gold. They all use metal detectors. Imagine how much they could make if they got together and opened a mining industry with dynamite bombs for exploding deep below the ground then dug a well to wash all the rocks to expose the gold and just melted the gold? With a set up like that, Sanaag could rival South Africa's $17 billion a year gold industry.

SirLancelLord

Reformation of Somaliland
VIP
Why can't them tribes open a mine. I was watching a documentary of the people that go there. Some dude went there for 24hours and went home with $30k worth of gold. They all use metal detectors. Imagine how much they could make if they got together and opened a mining industry with dynamite bombs for exploding deep below the ground then dug a well to wash all the rocks to expose the gold and just melted the gold? With a set up like that, Sanaag could rival South Africa's $17 billion a year gold industry.

Where, could you share it....

Amazonian

Cirka Gacan Saarte 💪🏾🇸🇴
Somaliland should ban all business with the Emirates. Nin walalkii hormar udiidan (Yemen) won't be helping you overcome poverty anytime soon.

Geelraac

6 foot barefoot
Somaliland should ban all business with the Emirates. Nin walalkii hormar udiidan (Yemen) won't be helping you overcome poverty anytime soon.
I'm saying

the african saying goes don't accept clothes from a naked man, ilaahey ha naga celiyo carabtaas sharkooda aamiin

Reborn
The project only costs 8 million dollars.
How come the gov with an annual budget of 200M plus can't fund this?