Don't Celebrate Qaradawi

I don't want to talk about someone who just died but promoting Qaradawi is wrong.

the man was literally a caller to secular liberal democracy. yes, there are scholars who make mistakes. maybe they had some weak hadith here and there in their books. but Qaradawi's situation is way beyond "oh he's a good scholar who just made some mistakes".... the man was a deviant. also wth- he calls for suicide bombing but he also calls for secular liberal democracy??? the ikhwani ideology is really strange.

the man literally put liberal ideology above the sharia and there is a strong case for takfir against him. how dare people glorify him. what is with the people who go and defend deviants?

Periplus

It is what it is
VIP
You need to link sources that aren’t YouTube videos if you’re gonna make serious allegations about a sheikh that died.

I am not going to open a YouTube video without knowing who posted it. I don’t want to end up on a watch list.

You need to link sources that aren’t YouTube videos if you’re gonna make serious allegations about a sheikh that died.

I am not going to open a YouTube video without knowing who posted it. I don’t want to end up on a watch list.

this is absurd. if you don't want to watch the videos then don't post here. this man is literally on video promoting suicide bombing. if it was a Saudi scholar doing the same you'd be acting completely different. and how did Qaradawi spread his views? he had a show on Al Jazeera- via video.

TekNiKo

“I am an empathic and emotionally-aware person.
VIP
I don't want to talk about someone who just died but promoting Qaradawi is wrong.

the man was literally a caller to secular liberal democracy. yes, there are scholars who make mistakes. maybe they had some weak hadith here and there in their books. but Qaradawi's situation is way beyond "oh he's a good scholar who just made some mistakes".... the man was a deviant. also wth- he calls for suicide bombing but he also calls for secular liberal democracy??? the ikhwani ideology is really strange.
Thank you we can finally agree he was a student of Sayid Qutb and the corrupted Ikhwaan seditors of terrorism.

Periplus

It is what it is
VIP
this is absurd. if you don't want to watch the videos then don't post here. this man is literally on video promoting suicide bombing. if it was a Saudi scholar doing the same you'd be acting completely different. and how did Qaradawi spread his views? he had a show on Al Jazeera- via video.

I want to know what he did but I cannot watch YouTube videos linked on a thread.

Please post website links or primary sources.

I want to know what he did but I cannot watch YouTube videos linked on a thread.

Please post website links or primary sources.

Clips of him speaking are primary sources. I think every video in here except one includes video of him speaking and the one that doesn't have video of him is of a scholar discussing him.

One of the clips is from Saudi news and all the rest are from NasirAlHanbali. NasirAlHanbali directly translates the clips himself. The material isn't on CNN or BBC if you're expecting CNN or BBC.

Trending