Don’t believe the hype (Turkey)

Exodus

Alienist
Recently, many Somalis are buying property and moving to Turkey, I’m here to tell you that while it has it merits (Islamic country, moderately developed, progressive compared in Muslim world) it does not hold a candle to the west. Also NOBODY SPEAKS ENGLISH HERE, so you MUST LEARN THE LANGUAGE. It’s not like somewhere like Dubai where you can survive with just english. There are constant earthquakes, political chaos and an economic recession that affects day to day life greatly. And the traffic is FUCKING SHIT, a 10km journey takes over a hour

Stay in the west guys, I was driving around London linking peng mixed race girls now I’m arguing about the price of a doner kebab with my broken ass Turkish

Recently, many Somalis are buying property and moving to Turkey, I’m here to tell you that while it has it merits (Islamic country, moderately developed, progressive compared in Muslim world) it does not hold a candle to the west. Also NOBODY SPEAKS ENGLISH HERE, so you MUST LEARN THE LANGUAGE. It’s not like somewhere like Dubai where you can survive with just english. There are constant earthquakes, political chaos and an economic recession that affects day to day life greatly. And the traffic is FUCKING SHIT, a 10km journey takes over a hour

Stay in the west guys, I was driving around London linking peng mixed race girls now I’m arguing about the price of a doner kebab with my broken ass Turkish
Many Somalis i know moved from Ldn to Turkey for Uni. It seems like thats wher every1 goes because of the reasons you menetioned above.

Did you move from the London?

Exodus

Alienist
Im thinking of doing the same. Does student finance cover most of your living expenses or do you have to work part time to make ends meet?
Jobs here pay such shit salaries, never come here to work bro it ain’t worth it. My parents are financing me and there’s no student finance here for foreign students.

repo

Bantu Liberation Movement
VIP
Somalis are flocking to Turkey like it’s the new Dubai but it’s mostly Somalis who are doing badly and want a change in scene or students. Somalis do not get discriminated there so they buy a lot of cheap property.

Turks do not have a good track record of treating minorities well. Ask the Kurds or Armenians. Somalis there are something of an exotic novelty, and the welcome they receive is the one given to guests. But I think the longer Somalis remain there, and the more they export their social dysfunctions there, the Turkish hospitality will turn into Turkish xenophobic rage.

Exodus

Alienist
Turks do not have a good track record of treating minorities well. Ask the Kurds or Armenians. Somalis there are something of an exotic novelty, and the welcome they receive is the one given to guests. But I think the longer Somalis remain there, and the more they export their social dysfunctions there, the Turkish hospitality will turn into Turkish xenophobic rage.
Spot on, the second after my 5 years here are up, I’m on the first plane back to the west

Exodus

Alienist
oğuz üz özçü Türk oğuz bürdü özçü şümalı oğuz üz özçü

That's what Turkish sounds like to me.
Lm
oğuz üz özçü Türk oğuz bürdü özçü şümalı oğuz üz özçü

That's what Turkish sounds like to me.
it sounds like they’re about to kill each other when they have a normal conversation, when they start bursting out laughing after it freaks me out lmao

Grigori Rasputin

Former Somali Minister of Mismanagement & Misinfo.
Staff Member
Wariyaha SomaliSpot

I’m just amazed at the total truth you’ve just told right now.

I was there about a year ago.

What caught my eyes was the fact that the majority don’t speak English and don’t bother to speak it because they’re a proud people.

Secondly, the political atmosphere is so tense, so fragile, so fluid and so explosive that a coup is in progress any moment. You got a man who’s been on power for 16 years. He is an Islamist but you got hardcore secularists who have the backing of the West. They are plotting and scheming. Therefore when that change of regime happens they would definitely be anti-qaxooti and more isolationist. Somalis and Somalia tend to be easily carried away. They’ve put their eggs in one basket.

Thirdly, the country is on crazy earthquake zone. Every few years a massive earthquake happens. You risk the chance of getting buried under 8 story building.

My conclusion is that you’re an idiot if you buy a home in Turkey.

Turkey is unsafe politically and is prone to earthquakes

Exodus

Alienist
I’m just amazed at the total truth you’ve just told right now.

I was there about a year ago.

What caught my eyes was the fact that the majority don’t speak English and don’t bother to speak it because they’re a proud people.

Secondly, the political atmosphere is so tense, so fragile, so fluid and so explosive that a coup is in progress any moment. You got a man who’s been on power for 16 years. He is an Islamist but you got hardcore secularists who have the backing of the West. They are plotting and scheming. Therefore when that change of regime happens they would definitely be anti-qaxooti and more isolationist. Somalis and Somalia tend to be easily carried away. They’ve put their eggs in one basket.

Thirdly, the country is on crazy earthquake zone. Every few years a massive earthquake happens. You risk the chance of getting buried under 8 story building.

My conclusion is that you’re an idiot if you buy a home in Turkey.

Turkey is unsafe politically and is prone to earthquakes
Spot on, I wish I knew of this before I came here. As I’m a student and my parents bought a house for me to live in my situation isn’t THAT bad as it’s an experience for me and something that builds character I believe. Things will also get easier as you stay longer but make no mistake this place is not some paradise all these Somalis eedos go on about.

Trending

Latest posts