Does Suhr end Adhan or Iqamah time?

Hodan from HR

Be Kind Online.
Staff Member
I just had a conversation on this and I am more confused now.

Ramadan is observed from sunrise to sunset.
So does the sun rise on adhan time or iqamah time? ๐Ÿ™ƒ

Hodan from HR

Be Kind Online.
Staff Member
We normally stop eating as soon as the Adthan goes off.

Yeah sis, I usually do it adhan time too.
But this person was googling sunrise time in the weather Canada website and it is way after iqamah even. They confused me lol๐Ÿ˜…

I am assuming Islamic definition of sunrise is different to the secular one.

Yeah sis, I usually do it adhan time too.
But this person was googling sunrise time in the weather Canada website and it is way after iqamah even. They confused me lol๐Ÿ˜…

I am assuming Islamic definition of sunrise is different to the secular one.
Yeah maybe. For the weather channel the sunrise is when the sun is first able to be seen.

Adhaan.

Suxuur ending at Iqamah wouldn't make sense at all. Iqamah is the call to Jamacaah (prayer) right before Salah, so it wouldn't make sense to eat and head to Salah right away.

Muzaffer

๐•ฎ๐–”๐–’๐–—๐–†๐–‰๐–Š ๐•ฒ๐–Š๐–“๐–Š๐–—๐–†๐–‘
iftar starts at maghrib adhan so without thinking twice suhur finish at fajr adhan

Suhr ends right at the hearing of the adhan, but if you still happen to have something in your hand finish it. I base this on the following hadith:

Narrated by Abu Dawood (2350) from Abu Hurayrah (may Allah be pleased with him) said: The Messenger of Allah (blessings and peace of Allah be upon him) said: โ€œWhen one if you hears the call and the vessel is in his hand, let him not put it down until he has fulfilled his need of it.โ€ Al-Albaani said in Saheeh Abi Dawood: Its isnaad is hasan saheeh. It was also classed as saheeh by al-Haakim, al-Dhahabi and โ€˜Abd al-Haqq al-Ishbeeli, and Ibn Hazm quoted it as evidence.

Calaf

Veni Vidi Vici
2022 CHESS CHAMP
GENERALISSIMO
VIP
Adhan is the general consensus, but local mosques states it better to end 10 min before the adhan, due to geological and timing difference. Basically to stay on the safe side.

Trending