does Somalia geography make hard to conquer? like veitnams and afghanstans?

like is the reason why al shabab and others are still fighting because of our geography which could make hard for sna to conquer some places?

Shimbiris

بىَر غىَل إيؤ عآنؤ لؤ
VIP

Historically the two rivers to the south along with the savannahs and semi-arid lands farther south of them, the sea to the north & east and the Ethiopian highlands to the west did make Somaliweyn a good recipe for isolation. Elsewise I suspect Semites would've colonized much of our Peninsula as they did Yemen and we'd have had far more conflicts with Bantus. But, correct me if I'm wrong, from a modern perspective it seems like only the north and some of Galbeed would be good for guerilla warfare a la attacking then hiding out in the mountains like Daesh does in Puntland whereas the south is pretty flat:

YvtSAwj.jpg

Historically the two rivers to the south along with the savannahs and semi-arid lands farther south of them, the sea to the north & east and the Ethiopian highlands to the west did make Somaliweyn a good recipe for isolation. Elsewise I suspect Semites would've colonized much of our Peninsula as they did Yemen and we'd have had far more conflicts with Bantus. But, correct me if I'm wrong, from a modern perspective it seems like only the north and some of Galbeed would be good for guerilla warfare a la attacking then hiding out in the mountains like Daesh does in Puntland whereas the south is pretty flat:

YvtSAwj.jpg
Somaliland is easily invadable from the direction of Ethiopia and historically that’s where Ethiopians have always entered from the Emperors to the 1977 war where SL felt the brunt of Ethio military attacks.Somalis have a really long coastline which is also a weakness in our case (but a strength in economics).

Guerilla warfare can be conducted near Sheekh in Saaxil and parts of Sanaag.SL has the Golis mountain chains but the vast majority of the region is pretty easy to invade for a modern army.

I have always advocated to Landers that we should move the capital to Ceerigaabo and move it as far as possible from the Ethiopian border.Ethiopian forces could easily reach Gabiley region and Hargeisa but if we keep urban resistance there we could turn it in to an African Aleppo.

Somalia is far easier to invade as it is mostly flat terrain places like the mountains that extend from Sanaag to places like Bosaaso could be difficult if real resistance is made which is why insurgent groups are holed up in the mountains of the region.

No. Somalia is flat country. Only a small part of the very north is mountainous. But this is not fatal and can be overcome. Israel is relatively flat and open terrain and the combined arab countries never conquered it in all their wars. There is a large terrain away from Kenya and Ethiopia that can act as a warning system for call up like Israel. However, Somalia needs a strong navy to prevent ant siege and embargo of trade of the country

Basra

LOVE is a product of Doqoniimo mixed with lust
Let Them Eat Cake
VIP
The entire coastal line and shore is open to invaders.

Shimbiris

بىَر غىَل إيؤ عآنؤ لؤ
VIP
I have always advocated to Landers that we should move the capital to Ceerigaabo and move it as far as possible from the Ethiopian border.Ethiopian forces could easily reach Gabiley region and Hargeisa but if we keep urban resistance there we could turn it in to an African Aleppo.

Love You Hearts GIF by Caro Martini

War make it happen, reer Somaliland! Will bring the north as a whole closer with such proximity to Garowe and Bosaso. Waa good for business iyo politics.

Doctor Who Reaction GIF

Trending

Latest posts