Does Somalia actually force women to wear hijab/jilbab?

Status
Not open for further replies.

lalayariis

Bad cop
Wallahi i saw pictures and women were even wearing jilbabs in the OCEAN.
I say its a men on women, and women on women sort of thing. People aren't usually necessarily being forced to wear it, they are scared of being judges and being talked shit about or disgracing their family. This is in the diaspora, I'm not sure about actual Somalia. I think those who are religious should be proud to wear the hijab, and then those who aren't shouldn't be looked down on and be discriminated against on. My Hooyo told me that back before the war that it was much more secular and religion was a personal thing. You weren't judged by the fact that you chose to cover yourself or not.

Abdipapaya

لَهُ مَا فِي السَّمَاوَاتِ وَمَا فِي الأَرْضِ
Hijab? :nahgirl:

Shoulda be a burqa :ulyin: :mjlol:

:manny::ooh::manny::manny::ooh::ooh: :damedamn::damnmusic:

:leon:

wy u no burqa wearing xalimeo :mjcry:

Jeesto

VIP
Wallahi i saw pictures and women were even wearing jilbabs in the OCEAN.
No.
There isn't any law forcing women to wear hijab but after the civil war and the spread of wahabism influences/ideology, wearing the hijab has become the norm and people will give u looks/throw insults if u don't wear it.

Indha adeeg

Ogadenist
No. There is some self censorship and family pressure though. But if you weren’t wearing a hijab, a random dude wouldn’t give 2 shits about it. Unless he was al kebab

Abdipapaya

How can a man eat his suugo iyo anjeero when theres 23 xalimas screaming uncovered for a piece of xalwo

:whoo:

Abkaal

Mudug menaces don't mince their words
Smh. Somalia is dealing a lot of problems ATM and they'd freak out over not wearing fucking hijab. Wallahi some Somalis are crazy.

I would like the government to encourage women to wear Hijab, but not force them that is my take :kanyeshrug:

Abdipapaya

Yea everyone should have free will

What if its your lord commanding you?

Let not believers take disbelievers as allies [awliyaa] rather than believers. And whoever [of you] does that has nothing with Allah, except when taking precaution against them in prudence. And Allah warns you of Himself, and to Allah is the [final] destination.
Qur'an 3:28
O ye who believe! Take not for intimates [bitanatan] others than your own folk, who would spare no pains to ruin you; they love to hamper you. Hatred is revealed by (the utterance of) their mouths, but that which their breasts hide is greater. We have made plain for you the revelations if ye will understand.
Qur'an 3:118
Those who chose disbelievers for their friends [awliyaa] instead of believers! Do they look for power at their hands? Lo! all power appertaineth to Allah.
Qur'an 4:139
O you who have believed, do not take the disbelievers as allies [awliyaa] instead of the believers. Do you wish to give Allah against yourselves a clear case?
Qur'an 4:144
O ye who believe! take not the Jews and the Christians for your friends and protectors [awliyaa]: They are but friends and protectors to each other. And he amongst you that turns to them (for friendship) is of them. Verily Allah guideth not a people unjust.
Qur'an 5:51

What if its your lord commanding you?

Let not believers take disbelievers as allies [awliyaa] rather than believers. And whoever [of you] does that has nothing with Allah, except when taking precaution against them in prudence. And Allah warns you of Himself, and to Allah is the [final] destination.
Qur'an 3:28
O ye who believe! Take not for intimates [bitanatan] others than your own folk, who would spare no pains to ruin you; they love to hamper you. Hatred is revealed by (the utterance of) their mouths, but that which their breasts hide is greater. We have made plain for you the revelations if ye will understand.
Qur'an 3:118
Those who chose disbelievers for their friends [awliyaa] instead of believers! Do they look for power at their hands? Lo! all power appertaineth to Allah.
Qur'an 4:139
O you who have believed, do not take the disbelievers as allies [awliyaa] instead of the believers. Do you wish to give Allah against yourselves a clear case?
Qur'an 4:144
O ye who believe! take not the Jews and the Christians for your friends and protectors [awliyaa]: They are but friends and protectors to each other. And he amongst you that turns to them (for friendship) is of them. Verily Allah guideth not a people unjust.
Qur'an 5:51
Quran doesn't say to wear hijab, it says to cover private parts only and dress modestly. Nowhere specifically.

Abdipapaya

Quran doesn't say to wear hijab, it says to cover private parts only and dress modestly. Nowhere specifically.
3 – Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning):

“O Prophet! Tell your wives and your daughters and the women of the believers to draw their cloaks (veils) all over their bodies (i.e. screen themselves completely except the eyes or one eye to see the way). That will be better, that they should be known (as free respectable women) so as not to be annoyed. And Allaah is Ever Oft‑Forgiving, Most Merciful”

[al-Ahzaab 33:59]

Abkaal

Mudug menaces don't mince their words

I cannot force you what you don't want, but if you are a Muslim you must know that a Muslim women must wear a Hijab. But that is if you are a practising Muslim :cosbyhmm:

3 – Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning):

“O Prophet! Tell your wives and your daughters and the women of the believers to draw their cloaks (veils) all over their bodies (i.e. screen themselves completely except the eyes or one eye to see the way). That will be better, that they should be known (as free respectable women) so as not to be annoyed. And Allaah is Ever Oft‑Forgiving, Most Merciful”

[al-Ahzaab 33:59]

:cryinglaughsmiley:Waryaa 33:59 does not say to wear headscarf

my parents are very religious, they encourage my sister too wear hijab, but dont force on them.
they feel when the time is right, theyll understand the meaning of it.

yes. at schools (private and public) and duksi wearing jilbaab or "dalad" is forced on female students. you cant even show your feet lol. if you break the rules you'll get beaten up by the teachers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending

Latest posts