Does Ilhan Omar Wear Hijab For Identity Politics ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
:farmajoyaab:I know it would make more conservative Somali women and most men more willing to support her

@CaliSomali and other non hijabis break this down for us

775-F0-FC5-8-A6-E-4-ABF-AE61-7-DA5-F281-AED3.png

Apollo

VIP
Her district is mostly white.

Minnesota's 5th congressional district's ethnic demographics:
  • 67.39% White
  • 16.64% Black (mostly Somali)
  • 6.05% Asian
  • 8.81% Hispanic
  • 1.23% Native American

It looks like she was wearing hijab but took it off for the mugshot.

As a non-hijabi, I take good care of my hair with several products to make my curls last. Her hair is not maintained and tied back into a bun, something lots of hijabis do. When they take of their hijab, it tends to be dry and flat, like we see in the pic above.

Her district is mostly white.

Minnesota's 5th congressional district's ethnic demographics:
  • 67.39% White
  • 16.64% Black (mostly Somali)
  • 6.05% Asian (perhaps some Somalis checking this, kek)
  • 8.81% Hispanic
  • 1.23% Native American
What happened to all natives ? I thought there were more. And happened to all the other black people ?

Apollo

VIP
What happened to all natives ? I thought there were more. And happened to all the other black people ?

The Dakotas have the high Amerindian % population. As for the lack of ADOS AAs, it's because Minnesota never was settled by them, they went to Chicago, Illinois as far as I know.

AIOPZ

Pan-Islamist
:farmajoyaab:I know it would make more conservative Somali women and most men more willing to support her

775-F0-FC5-8-A6-E-4-ABF-AE61-7-DA5-F281-AED3.png

She had to take it off though because she trepassed for some political thing or something. You can easily tell too because her hair is super patted down, like she had just been wearing a veil.

I don't think Ilhan wears the hijab for identity politics because she already is a former refugee, an immigrant, a woman, a black, and a Muslim.

halwa

โœจ๐ŸŒ™
It looks like she was wearing hijab but took it off for the mugshot.

As a non-hijabi, I take good care of my hair with several products to make it nice and curly. Her hair is not maintained that well, something lots of hijabis tend to do.

Any good hair products you could recommend? Been actually looking into different products.

Any good hair products you could recommend? Been actually looking into different products.
Everyoneโ€™s hair is different, so I wonโ€™t recommend specific products, but Iโ€™ll give you some advice that I learned off YouTube.

First you gotta figure out your hair type (type 2, 3, 4) and your hairโ€™s porosity (low, medium, or high). When I was starting to experiment with different products, I made the mistake of buying stuff that either weighed down my curls or wouldnโ€™t last me throughout the day.

I will say that I generally use products from Shea Moisture since they have no sulfate, silicon, parabens, etc. that damage curly hair. Itโ€™s very important to get these types of shampoos, conditioners, and creams.

halwa

โœจ๐ŸŒ™
Everyoneโ€™s hair is different, so I wonโ€™t recommend specific products, but Iโ€™ll give you some advice that I learned off YouTube.

First you gotta figure out your hair type (type 2, 3, 4) and your hairโ€™s porosity (low, medium, or high). When I was starting to experiment with different products, I made the mistake of buying stuff that either weighed down my curls or wouldnโ€™t last me throughout the day.

I will say that I generally use products from Shea Moisture since they have no sulfate, silicon, parabens, etc. that damage curly hair. Itโ€™s very important to get these types of shampoos, conditioners, and creams.

Sis, I bought this paraben free shampoo and it is literally changing my hair colour. I donโ€™t know what to trust anymore.

Thank you for the advice, honey.

Crow

Make Hobyo Great Again
VIP

Shame on you for spreading this picture.

Is it so hard to believe that a Muslim woman wears a hijab because of her imaan? Stop creating conspiracies where there are none.

Gibiin-Udug

Crowned Queen of Puntland. Supporter of PuntExit
@halwa I used to buy shea moisture curl and shine shampoo and conditioner, it made my hair dry. So I switched to Devacurl products and made my hair feel oily and blah. But now I use Aussie shampoo and conditioner, my hair is healthy, bouncy and my curls look fresh up to 4 days.

Sometimes you think expensive products will magically work with your hair but nope. Good ole Aussie came to the rescue.

halwa

โœจ๐ŸŒ™
@halwa I used to buy shea moisture curl and shine shampoo and conditioner, it made my hair dry. So I switched to Devacurl products and made my hair feel oily and blah. But now I use Aussie shampoo and conditioner, my hair is healthy, bouncy and my curls look fresh up to 4 days.

Sometimes you think expensive products will magically work with your hair but nope. Good ole Aussie came to the rescue.

I will look into Aussie shampoo, sis. I will let you know if I see any changes. Recommend me other stuff too that you come across :gnzbryw: Thanks, qalbi.

halwa

โœจ๐ŸŒ™
Oday ilkaha qaad ka rideen baad tahay. Halkee lagaa helay?

Iโ€™m a proud hijabi with hair. I think youโ€™re mistaking me with yourself, awoowe. Bilaa akhlaaq dhego madoow.

NotMyL

"You are your best thing"
VIP

This is so interesting, I only use Shea moisture/As I am products and it works for me, my sister recently suggested I should use carolโ€™s daughter and it made my hair extremely dry, never again. Everyoneโ€™s hair is different @halwa you will have to experiment with couple until you find something that works for you

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending

Latest posts