Does giving money to my family in Somalia count as zakat ?

If I decide to donate the specific amount to my moms family in Lascaanood, will that be zakah or does it have to be peoppe you don’t know ?

I’m not in Somalia to make things clear.

Somali Saayid

There is no surrender, We lose or We Die.
VIP
No they are your family, that wouldn't count as zakat but as money you have gave to ur family because u are their family.

No You can't give zakat to your immediate family
You can still give charity to them but not zakat
Ah thanks for clearing this up saxib. I do not want to donate online to these random websites, I still would like to directly only help people in Somalia, any recommendation on what I should pay it to, or who ?

No they are your family, that wouldn't count as zakat but as money you have gave to ur family because u are their family.
Yea regular donations from all of us is mandatory. We haven’t ever forgot them. I was just wondering if a regular donation in Ramadan would count as zakat, or the Fitr payment ?

Ah thanks for clearing this up saxib. I do not want to donate online to these random websites, I still would like to directly only help people in Somalia, any recommendation on what I should pay it to, or who ?
You can give your family the money to distribute it to the poor on your behalf back home but you have to make sure every penny that counts as zakat makes it to the poor. So take that into consideration when it comes to fees and transfers and what you intend to give to your family.

You can give your family the money to distribute it to the poor on your behalf back home but you have to make sure every penny that counts as zakat makes it to the poor. So take that into consideration when it comes to fees and transfers and what you intend to give to your family.
Ok, I just want to be clear, it is my mothers sister and her children (my first cousins) who are the family I speak off. Just reading online it seems they are allowed to be recipients of zakah, and Shafi school which most of us adhere to, believe it is fine to pay them as they are distant relatives

Distant Relatives (Furoo): This group of relatives consists of siblings, aunts, uncles, cousins, nephews, nieces and all other relatives not part of Usool. These are all relatives that do not start or continue the immediate progeny of the one giving Zakat.

According to all the scholars, it is valid to pay one's Zakat to any of these family members if they are eligible to take Zakat. Some scholars have even shown dislike to exclusively give Zakat to a certain family member every year”

Ok, I just want to be clear, it is my mothers sister and her children (my first cousins) who are the family I speak off. Just reading online it seems they are allowed to be recipients of zakah, and Shafi school which most of us adhere to, believe it is fine to pay them as they are distant relatives

Distant Relatives (Furoo): This group of relatives consists of siblings, aunts, uncles, cousins, nephews, nieces and all other relatives not part of Usool. These are all relatives that do not start or continue the immediate progeny of the one giving Zakat.

According to all the scholars, it is valid to pay one's Zakat to any of these family members if they are eligible to take Zakat. Some scholars have even shown dislike to exclusively give Zakat to a certain family member every year”
Yes which is why I said only immediate family which are your parents your kids your spouse and grandparents and grandkids aren't recipients of zakat extended family can receive zakat.

yes if they aren not your parents or children.
The only people you cannot give it to are those you are obligated to provide for, i.e parents and children born to you.

The rest of your family are not your responsibility, so yes, you can give them your zaka money and is actually recommended to do that.

Basra

LOVE is a product of Doqoniimo mixed with lust
Let Them Eat Cake
VIP
If I decide to donate the specific amount to my moms family in Lascaanood, will that be zakah or does it have to be peoppe you don’t know ?

I’m not in Somalia to make things clear.

Yes. The best zakat. You are supposed to give zakat to close family, and then move to neighbors and etc

Yaraye

VIP
Anyone that you're not Islamically obligated to provider for. Since women don't have any obligations to provide, it could be anyone. For men, it cannot be parents, children, wife

Trending

Latest posts