Does anyone actually enjoy watching TV shows with ‘diverse’ cast?

Regg

Stroking my Australinimo
Tfw, when you see a new sci-fi or murder tv series on Netflix, you click them and you enjoy what is happening at the start then suddenly awfully terrible cast between black and asians shows up everywhere and you've lost all interest in the show.

You have unbearable black woman in a relationship with a white man, black man with a white woman and two lesbian white women leading the show. How do you expect me to enjoy the show when it's not wired in my head because I've been watching 99% white cast all my life?

So, lately, I've been binge watching French, Belgian and German shows with 99% white cast. They're so much better and refreshing to watch.

Last edited:
Tfw, when you see a new sci-fi or murder tv series on Netflix, you click them and you enjoy what is happening at the start then suddenly awfully terrible cast between black and asians shows up everywhere and your mood drops.

You have unbearable Asian woman in a relationship with a white man, black man with a white woman and two lesbian white women leading the show. How do you expect me to enjoy the show when you're shoving that crap on my face?

It completely ruined the show because it's not wired in my head.

So, lately, I've been binge watching French, Belgian and German shows with 99% white cast. They're so much better and refreshing to watch.
C00N ALERT

Representation = good

Tokenism = bad

It's worse when they take a historical drama and miscast roles purposefully.

I was watching Spartacus and they casted a West African Senegalese as a Numidian character :fantasia2:

No wonder people still think Moors are black, the media pushes the agenda of a fully black Africa.

Representation = good

Tokenism = bad

It's worse when they take a historical drama and miscast roles purposefully.

I was watching Spartacus and they casted a West African Senegalese as a Numidian character :fantasia2:

No wonder people still think Moors are black, the media pushes the agenda of a fully black Africa.

Didn't they do this with Hamilton? I think Hamilton is where they re-enach early US history with white people of George Washington days played by blacks.

I don't understand why that community accepts such patronizing treatment. I don't understand why they don't just research West African history and promote that history.

Ras

It's all so tiresome
VIP
Kills the immersion when you bring politics into our entertainment.

Go be a progressive somewhere else.

Octavian

Hmm
VIP
its one thing to hire people from various races but when u do it for political reasons it just ruins the show for me as half the time those actors are trash

Qali

Certified Pimp.
One of my biggest pet peeves is when they change the race of a character/ whitewash them. Like they did with the movie Avatar :wow1:

Trending