Do you think pretty privilege exists?

Do you think life’s easier when you’re pretty/handsome

• Total voters

BobSmoke

Huh?
What does it matter if I do look like her? (btw her names Aaliyah and she's dead) I was referring to what you wrote about me which was pretty much false, and undermines your point about how you can accurately determine's someones looks. I've mentioned before on here that I am tall. I don't recall mentioning my looks, features, skin colour etc.
I just assume shit.
All that detailed shit will require me working with jinniyaal

Desert Flower

Staff Member
So, you think my avatar is what I look like. I've never had short hair. :dead: What else can you come up with?
Friday night shenanigans, me thinks.
I just assume shit.
All that detailed shit will require me working with jinniyaal
Exactly, just that. But I ain't hating.

Since we are assuming, I'll say that you're tall, dark skin, skinny, bald headed and bearded. Got that distinguished professor look going on. @BobSmoke

Upon meeting you, I think I would've hated you, but would've also been intrigued by you as well.

BobSmoke

Huh?
So, you think my avatar is what I look like. I've never had short hair. :dead: What else can you come up with?
I'm just joking my yute.
I haven't figured you out yet. You're one of those tricky ones.

Hell I'd like someone here to figure me out n stuff. I wanna hear some miscalculations about who I might be n how I look like

Sophisticate

Steel Magnolia
Staff Member

Since we are assuming, I'll say that you're tall, dark skin, skinny, bald headed and bearded. Got that distinguished professor look going on.
Indeed.

I'm just joking my yute.
I haven't figured you out yet. You're one of those tricky ones.

Hell I'd like someone here to figure me out n stuff. I wanna hear some miscalculations about who I might be n how I look like
It's much better that way. I allow other people to project whatever they want.

BobSmoke

Huh?

Since we are assuming, I'll say that you're tall, dark skin, skinny, bald headed and bearded. Got that distinguished professor look going on.
Pretty good assumption, expect for the skinny part and the skintone. I'm more of a hood professor than a distinguished one

What does it matter to you if I do look like her? (btw her names Aaliyah and she's dead) I was referring to what you wrote about me which was pretty much false, and undermines your point about how you can accurately determine's someones looks. I've mentioned before on here that I am tall. I don't recall mentioning my looks, features, skin colour etc.
What happened to that former pic? You did a switcharoo

Desert Flower

Staff Member
Pretty good assumption, expect for the skinny part and the skintone. I'm more of a hood professor than a distinguished one

What happened to that former pic? You did a switcharoo
I meant in terms of looks. I don't know what a hood prof looks like.

My DP depends on my mood. You should "know" that by now.

Happy_

Gang shxt we in dis bxtch, huruud on deck!
Yeah, it does exist, asian ppl know of it, it‘s called the halo effect. It’s a cognitive distortion known from social psychology. Ppl tend to extrapolate from known attributes to unknown ones. So yeah good looking ppl are perceived to be more likeable than unattractive ones.

Being attractive as a man is the difference between perceived flirtation and some sexual assault charge lol

Women give you way more concessions in terms of how much shit they’re willing to put up with when you’re attractive

Desert Flower

Staff Member
Being attractive as a man is the difference between perceived flirtation and some sexual assault charge lol

Women give you way more concessions in terms of how much shit they’re willing to put up with when you’re attractive
Issa evil world we live in, word to Future.

A truly beautiful woman has a power that is unmatched in transfixing men. And they know it. A handsome man doesn’t have anywhere near the same effect on women as a beautiful woman on men. It’s not even close. :manny:

Yes it's definitely a real thing. Why do you think Hollywood only mainly casts attractive actors and actresses in leading roles in films over a plainer or uglier looking actor or actress per se even if their acting skills are about the same, the more attractive actor or actress who is auditioning for a leading role in a specific film will always be picked over them by the director of that film.

If you also watch music show talent competitions like the X-Factor or the Idol for example, you will always find the winners of such shows had average singing skills but you noticed almost all of them were physically attractive.

I would say the concept of pretty privilege affects women more so than it does to men. A man can be ugly, short or bald but if he has alot of money to his name then people will still respect him regardless of his physical looks wherelse a woman can have alot of money but if she's dark skinned or fat then people will still try to mock her, solely based on her physical appearance.

Last edited:

Yukon_Niner

With great power comes great electricity bill
VIP
It's a "more often than not" type of thing.
Women's confidence is mostly based of looks(and also other factors such as upbringing and education) and it shows on their writing. Profile pics reveal about who and/or what you relate yourself with. The relation part is the tricky part because it could be off "mood", their perceived self-value, pretty much anything.

Personally, it's not something I take too much time on figuring out. I get a gut feeling of the person when I read something. You, @Desert Flower come across to me as a cute, tall chick, with not too much curves. White guys been sweating you from early.
but then again I dunno, I could be hella wrong too
Give me a description based on how I write. This seems interesting.

Trending

Latest posts